Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Xfire

Page: 1 of 1
 Alegis
03-06-2004, 10:05 AM
It's a cross between ICQ/MSN and the all seeing eye. You'all other people with xfire to your list, and when they are in game (any game) it will give their server and game (you don't need to supply your gaming name or somehting like that, it automaticly detects that) and you can send safe IMs to them. Excellent if you like to play with people you know..

http://www.xfire.com)

" See WHEN your friends are playing online games
See WHAT game they are playing
See WHERE they are playing
And JOIN their game with just one click!
Plus, unlike existing Instant Messengers, Xfire lets you receive IM's without disrupting your game! "

http://www.xfire.com/xf/images/home_client_free.gif)

my nick is Alegis
 MennoniteHobbit
03-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Sounds promising, Alegis. Though, if you have AIM, all you have to do is to put an away message up, then select the "disable pop-ups" and "disable dialog boxes," or somethings like those.
 Alegis
03-06-2004, 2:47 PM
it's more than that, it's the ultimate tool to play with your comrades on any game..ASE limits to 4people, and you have to give their player name and game...you also got a friends of friends thing, which enables for a biggo netwerk of fun
 Alegis
03-21-2004, 8:28 AM
*has a great idea*

With this thing we'll be able to play with each other in Jedi Academy and other games by adding a new created xfire buddy, when ppl have that username in their list they'll see someone playing in friends of friends when someone who is in that new created xfire buddylist (for example: LFN)

waddyathink
 Druid Bremen
03-21-2004, 8:38 AM
Cool idea! I might sign up for it.
 CapNColostomy
03-21-2004, 4:42 PM
AAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I HATE IT! I thought it might be cool, but logging in is a HUGE pain in the ass! You can't get these <> out of your username space, no matter how many times you backspace. And heaps o' luck trying to get a paste option if you think you might out smart it by copying your username. The hell?!?!:confused:

*EDIT* Alright, sorry about the rant. I got it going. But who are all these people on my "friends of friends" list? I mean, how does it know?
 Alegis
03-21-2004, 5:29 PM
Ok well first of all; you got this buddy testfriend already added in your list. Friends of friends are friends of your testbuddy (everyone gets em at first, you can delete it if you want) who are playing a game at that moment
 Jo
03-21-2004, 8:51 PM
*sneaks in*

I GOT IT :P

works nice..but i got no buddies on my list yet..add jordanforerunner..im a SWG nut, but im there
 Pie™
03-22-2004, 11:53 AM
I downloaded it...
I can't add any friends... :(

Well, my nick is Pieman, so add me... :)
 Alegis
03-22-2004, 2:03 PM
Added. Cmon buyz and girlz. If we get a lot of ppl we might use that lfn ring thing
 CapNColostomy
03-22-2004, 3:38 PM
I added all you guys that gave names, and mine is capncolostomy. So feel free to add me.
Page: 1 of 1