Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Killtracker...

Page: 1 of 2
 Randon_Star
03-05-2004, 8:21 PM
where can i download a good killtracker for mp
i think the mau dae one or whatever is good, can anybody give me a site?

thanks in advance
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-05-2004, 8:43 PM
Originally posted by Jawa8578
Kill trackers are for noobs.

1.) No one is interested in how many kills you have.

2.) Stop telling people how many kills you have.

3.) I can kill 249713057042-573412597392457 billion people by editting the cfg file anyway.

4.) Why do you find it necessary to count how many people you killed in a video game (ages 12 and up)...

5.) Do you get like free movie tickets or a car if ya get over 1000?

6.) No one cares

7.) No one cares

8.) I personally believe your a really bad player (no matter how many kills you have) if you use a kill tracker

*sigh* Search the files at www.jk3files.com) *rolls eyes, shakes head*
 AIVAS
03-05-2004, 8:47 PM
Jk3files.com

JK3, downloads, utilities, others, MauDae's JK3 Killtracker

I use it for an in game mp3 player i can control with full screen, and I always keep it silent. (not spamming in say)
 Kurgan
03-05-2004, 10:52 PM
As others will point out (might as well tell you here to save embarrassment later), if you're going to use it in game BE CONSIDERATE.

It's considered highly rude to use it in a game most of the time, so ask the admin's permission before using it.

Use !ktoff or silence it upon joining if you're unsure. In fact silence is best, since it's really for YOUR benefit and nobody else's.

Basically the bottom line is this.... it's spammy and it adds lag to the server, plus it's pathetic to see a person with a killtracker counting every single team kill or bot kill he gets when he has the lowest score or it's not even FFA.
 Randon_Star
03-06-2004, 2:48 AM
OK thanks for the "helpful" replies and partial replies but the truth is i really didnt want your opinion on all this i just wanted a site, and i didnt come to get called a noob or a spammer or inconsiderate.

Thanks again, i found the official site and worked it out but please people keep your stupid insulting opinions to yourself.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-06-2004, 3:34 AM
You're welcome!:p
 Crow_Nest
03-06-2004, 4:53 AM
Amidala you should have deleted the "kill trackers are for n00bs" in that quote you posted, cause its flaming people......
 Druid Allanon
03-06-2004, 8:25 AM
Crow, you use a killtracker then? ;)

I don't use killtrackers. Far from it, I hate it alot. It clogs up my screens when I'm trying to kill someone. Also, the messages from killtrackers can be very insulting. 'Haha, I owned j00 noob, ur the 2234323 soul i've taken' Sounds lame, eh?
 Crow_Nest
03-06-2004, 8:28 AM
Originally posted by Druid Allanon
Crow, you use a killtracker then? ;)

I used to back in the JO days, but now im just fed up with it... So i stopped using it in JA.
 Alegis
03-06-2004, 8:59 AM
killtrackers have annoyed me in a new stage...when i hear one i can't stop myself from calling a vote to kick that person after asking him to stop. Wouldn't you believe it, the vote passes every dang time

if you do want to count your kills, then change the say command to echo please. You will then get the messages on your screen but the other players will not. It will most likely get you kicked anyways

Why can't anyone make a killtracker which also states the deaths... "Oooh *nickname* you've sent my soul to hell for the 10000000th time!"
 Radd
03-06-2004, 9:13 AM
I think those nice fellows over at the Open Jedi Project are working on some sort of 'death tracker'. I really like the idea, seeing as how many times you've died shows as much, if not more, about your skill than how many people you've killed.

Seth_Kabob has killed 10 people and died 2 times.

Ub3r_1337 has killed 20 people, and died 21 times, 15 of those times to Seth.

Both have been on the server for 30 minutes. Ub3r is going around gloating how badass he is, because he's the highest ranking on the scoreboard and his killtracker is announcing the umpteen hundred kills he's had since installing it.

How often have you seen a server like that? Seems like just about every server I've been on.

I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't use a kill tracker, or what sort of person does use them. I'm just saying a death tracker would be more practical and more interesting, seeing as how JO and JA already keep track of kills on any given server.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Amidala you should have deleted the "kill trackers are for n00bs" in that quote you posted, cause its flaming people...... The truth hurts some people's feelings I guess....

Even though I truly hate killtrackers, and I think poorly of people who spam with them, I still answered his question....

Let me give you a non-gaming analogy....

Randon_Star: Can anyone tell me where I can get some good refried beans and burritos? I heard Maudae brand is the best. I want to eat a lot of beans and burritos before I go to several parties tonight so I can really stink up those places and annoy people with my frequent gaseous emissions.

Amidala:Originally posted by Jawa8578
Tooting is for noobs.

1. It's rude and inconsiderate.

2. It makes people leave.

3. It smells bad.

4. It smells bad.

*sigh* If you must, go to http://www.tacobell.com/) *rolls eyes, shakes head*

AIVAS:
www.tacobell.com) (http://www.tacobell.com). Click on Restaurant Finder, enter your ZIP code and number of miles, then click "find it".

I like beans and burritos because they taste good, but I keep my gas quiet (silent but deadly).

Kurgan
As others will point out (might as well tell you here to save embarrassment later), if you're going to eat lots of beans BE CONSIDERATE.

It's considered highly rude to pass a lot of gas at parties, so ask the host's permission before letting one rip.

Try stepping outside or lighting a match if you're unsure. In fact silence is best, since it's really for YOUR benefit and nobody else's.

Basically the bottom line is this.... it's stinky and it adds smells to the party, plus it's pathetic to see a person who thinks he is cool but everyone is avoiding because of the stench.

Randon_Star
OK thanks for the "helpful" replies and partial replies but the truth is i really didnt want your opinion on all this i just wanted a site, and i didnt come to get called a noob or a tooter or inconsiderate.

Thanks again, i found the official site and worked it out but please people keep your stupid insulting opinions to yourself.

Does that make it easier to understand my position? Considering what he was asking for, we were pretty helpful. We were just trying to keep him from being disliked (or even banned from some servers) and he got all offended. You just can't help some people.

Now for those of you who use MauDae's spam maker to play music, here is a great tip from Raven Software's Mike Gummelt:

112:14 say: ChangKhan[RAVEN]: hehe
112:22 say: ^1The Red Baron (AIVAS): why do you think I always keep it silent?
112:23 say: ^7Usurpo: :p
112:26 say: Kurgan: killtracker is crack!
112:33 say: ChangKhan[RAVEN]: you can play any mp3 from the console
112:38 say: ^1The Red Baron (AIVAS): if they'd release an mp3 player I'd use that
112:38 sayteam: Derek Vehn[civ]: really?
112:40 say: ^1The Red Baron (AIVAS): how?
112:41 say: ChangKhan[RAVEN]: just type music music/whatever.mp3
112:48 say: ^1The Red Baron (AIVAS): none in game music?
112:51 say: Derek Vehn[civ]: music/minas tirith
112:54 say: ChangKhan[RAVEN]: and put the mp3 in your base/music folder
112:57 say: Derek Vehn[civ]: ah ok
113:00 say: ^1The Red Baron (AIVAS): k

So...make a folder in base called "music". Put your .mp3 files in there. To make binding easier, rename them song1.mp3, song2.mp3, song3.mp3, etc.

Then /bind <key1> music music/song1.mp3
/bind <key2> music music/song2.mp3 etc.

There is no longer any reason to have a killtracker. Uninstall it at once!
 keshire
03-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Yep, One of these days OJP'll get to adding the kill and deaths to the scoreboard as well as rewards.

Like most headshots and stuff.
 AIVAS
03-06-2004, 6:13 PM
I've tried it, and it didn't work, dunno why, but it just didb't work.
 Kurgan
03-06-2004, 8:47 PM
*wipes tears from eyes*

Thanks Amidala, that was great.

Putting the deaths (as well as kills, etc) into the scoreboard is a fine idea. Unreal Tournament did this as well. This is totally different than spamming the chat with an annoying message everytime you get a kill (in addition to the kill messages that are ALREADY in the game). So kudos to the OJP team for that.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by AIVAS
I've tried it, and it didn't work, dunno why, but it just didb't work. If you're talking about putting mp3 files in base\music and playing them with /music music\song.mp3, I tried it and it works.
 Alegis
03-07-2004, 7:26 AM
if that does not work aivas, stick the mp3s in a pk3 file (just zip it and rename it to .pk3) and use /music song.mp3
 Kurgan
03-07-2004, 9:47 PM
Putting mp3's into base/music/ then playing them with \music music\filename.mp3 (or just filename) works fine for me.

Just make sure your music volume is up.
 Randon_Star
03-09-2004, 10:02 PM
im using it for the music now and the good fight thing other than that the kill stats are just for me....

i play duel so people remember your winsanyway.
 Jedi_Vogel
03-10-2004, 8:54 AM
:lol: What an amazing touch you bring to the boards Amidala :lol: that was brilliant :D
 MasteR PudsLiG
03-10-2004, 11:33 AM
I dislike kt's, most of the time i get so angry i copy the persons name and say !ktoff and it will turn that persons kt off, kinda funny...and if im feeling evil i spam !mini :)
 LukeKatarn
03-10-2004, 12:09 PM
Kill-trackers are just another way to LAME people oh look at me I killed you this many times I think it it LAMEING.
 A Jedi
03-14-2004, 7:52 AM
Kill tracker is used for music.

I used it like 3 times, but it gives you delay so i deleted it.
 Alegis
03-14-2004, 7:56 AM
Originally posted by A Jedi
Well yes I also use the microwave to brush my teeth instead of with a toothbrush
 Crow_Nest
03-14-2004, 1:18 PM

I used it like 3 times, but it gives you delay so i deleted it.

Sometimes the music is kinda useless, it gives lag to you and the other players in the server, it aint fair to them.
 AIVAS
03-14-2004, 6:53 PM
Originally posted by Alegis Gensan
Well yes I also use the microwave to brush my teeth instead of with a toothbrush

Heh, you think that's hard, use a hippo for toilet paper.
 Kurgan
03-14-2004, 9:21 PM
The last reason I heard for using a Killtracker was for the "minimizer" aspect.

Though one wonders why the person couldn't just USE a minimizer instead of a killtracker that has to spam everytime the person enters a game "Mua'Dae's Killtracker 1.412323 www.killtracker.com/") or whatever it is that it says, followed by them having to type !KTOFF (or !KTSilent) in the chat.

It's only two extra chat lines every mapchange, but still...
 sup3rsnail
03-16-2004, 2:07 AM
errr, for music just use WinAmp?
 TK-8252
03-16-2004, 2:26 AM
Originally posted by sup3rsnail
errr, for music just use WinAmp? Even better, rename your songs to something easy to remember, put them in a pk3 file in you base folder, and then type /music <song> in your console. Presto! Instant music player, without the troubles and annoyances of a spam gener... I mean kill tracker!
 A Jedi
03-16-2004, 8:17 AM
That sounds like a good idea tk.
Anyways, how do i put them in a pk3 file.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-16-2004, 8:36 AM
That sounds like a good idea tk.
Anyways, how do i put them in a pk3 file.

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan
if that does not work aivas, stick the mp3s in a pk3 file (just zip it and rename it to .pk3) and use /music song.mp3
 TK-8252
03-16-2004, 12:32 PM
I use pakscape, it's much easier to figure out than zip programs.

Click here to download pakscape. (http://start.download.filefront.com/10707;04a8509fcab68830;83ab6c085765736d10937bbabb2) 8da626141e3eadc63828993e87c62ca7cec657de849cbe88fd 4f9)
 Druid Bremen
03-16-2004, 12:48 PM
I had a great laugh, Amidala; you just made my day. :D
 WookiMonsta
03-16-2004, 1:16 PM
Maybe im just a little retarded, but to me it seems that there is absolutely no reason for a killtracker other than to look cool by showing how many people you have killed, keeping that in mind i want you to realize that these numbers can be changed in less tahn a minute, i used to have a kill tracker, after 2 weeks i had 15 billion kills.
Secondly, no body wants to kno that you have succesfully lamed and in some rare cases defeated noobs and that your ratio is 16:1
Finally
ITS JUST A GAME NO ONE WILL GIVE A DAMN HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU LAMED IN THIS GAME.

So i say that all admins should create an around the world lame fest on any1 with an active killtracker until those people never play any online game again because they will be too afraid, then we will have rid the world of one LARGE cause of lag which every1 hates, right?
 Druid Allanon
03-16-2004, 3:21 PM
Around 70% of the people who use killtrackers are those whining noobs, from my experience. The sentances they set when killing someone irritates me alot. 'blablabla you're the 342442 person i've sent to hell you noob' Sounds childish, doesn't it? So what if you get like 2137123710738 kills, really? I can also get that amount of kills, with just a simple editting of the killtracker.
 Prime
03-16-2004, 3:26 PM
Originally posted by Druid Allanon
Sounds childish, doesn't it? What do you expect? Anyone who uses one is like 10 years old.
 Ziechel
03-16-2004, 4:24 PM
hm editing the killtracker is very simple so id prefer to have a program which tells the one i duel something like "may the force be with you" and not to make it visible for all the guys on the server
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-16-2004, 6:00 PM
Originally posted by Ziechel
hm editing the killtracker is very simple so id prefer to have a program which tells the one i duel something like "may the force be with you" and not to make it visible for all the guys on the server Maybe you're looking for something like this (http://www.pcgamemods.com/4147/).
 Ziechel
03-16-2004, 7:15 PM
And the duel message can only be read by the other one i duel and by me?
or can it be read by all people on the server?
anyway, thx
 TK-8252
03-16-2004, 9:05 PM
The duel messages can be read by everyone, it's most likely impossible to program it so private say the message to the other person.
 Radd
03-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Say, this has got me thinking...does Jedi Academy or any of it's mods have some sort of option to set up 'talk' macros? I remember playing DOOM and I think it was the mod loader I had that had like several slots (can't remember if it was 4 or something like 20) where you could type a line of text, then you just typed something like alt+1 and that line would be sent through the talk option.

It would be nice to have something like that for wishing the other guy luck, or alternately taunting them, or just for commands and stuff in siege games. It's tough to sit there and type something out when you're in the middle of a live battleground.

If there is nothing like that available, maybe OJP or some of the other MOD groups can work on something like that...
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Radd
Say, this has got me thinking...does Jedi Academy or any of it's mods have some sort of option to set up 'talk' macros? I remember playing DOOM and I think it was the mod loader I had that had like several slots (can't remember if it was 4 or something like 20) where you could type a line of text, then you just typed something like alt+1 and that line would be sent through the talk option.

It would be nice to have something like that for wishing the other guy luck, or alternately taunting them, or just for commands and stuff in siege games. It's tough to sit there and type something out when you're in the middle of a live battleground.

If there is nothing like that available, maybe OJP or some of the other MOD groups can work on something like that...

/bind <key> say <"message">

/bind <key> say_team <"message">

examples:

/bind KP_HOME say "^3Good ^1Fight! :-)"

/bind KP_PGUP say_team "I have the flag, need team heal-energize"
 Radd
03-17-2004, 3:29 AM
You people so rock. Thanks Amidala!
 A Jedi
03-17-2004, 7:35 AM
Amidala thanks for the music idea. But you know if doing it that way replaces the background map music? Cause if it does replaces it, it wont generate any delay/lag to me.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-17-2004, 3:07 PM
Amidala thanks for the music idea. But you know if doing it that way replaces the background map music? Cause if it does replaces it, it wont generate any delay/lag to me.

Yes, it replaces the normal map music.

I have found the most reliable way to make it work is:

1. Put your .mp3 files in a folder called music.

2. Create a ZIP file with the music folder (not the individual .mp3 files, the whole folder) and call it songs.zip or whatever, and rename it songs.pk3.

3. Put songs.pk3 in your base folder.

4. Then use "/music music/<songname>" in the console, or make a bind "/bind <key> music music/<songname>" for each song. The number pad is good to use for those binds.

Originally posted by Ziechel
And the duel message can only be read by the other one i duel and by me?
or can it be read by all people on the server?
anyway, thx

Originally posted by TK-8252
The duel messages can be read by everyone, it's most likely impossible to program it so private say the message to the other person.

I have a theory, and maybe one of you could get a friend to test it with you (it takes two humans):

1. Make a chat bind "/bind <key> tell %s "Good Fight!"

2. Let your friend kill you, then press your chat bind key. It should send a private message ("Good Fight!") to the person who killed you (your friend). If you have a third friend, they should be able to tell you if it was truly private or if everyone could see it.

3. If that works, I guess you could also make a bind
/bind <key> say "Good Fight!"; tell %s "I lied, that was pure luck"

That way you can taunt the person who beat you while appearing to be a "good sport" to everyone else.
 Ziechel
03-17-2004, 3:52 PM
that doesnt work, i tested it immediately
 Amidala from Chop Shop
03-17-2004, 5:31 PM
That's too bad.

You can still use the %s variable to customize your chat binds.

If you have

/bind <key> say "Well done %s!"

It will say "Well done <nameofplayerthatkilledyou>!" when you press <key>.
 Ziechel
03-17-2004, 6:05 PM
I know that, im not a noob :D
but i will try to get this tell %s good fight thing to work
 Samuel Dravis
03-19-2004, 1:19 PM
About the ingame music, check out the link in my sig to MCM 1.09b. It should help you out...PM me if you have trouble with it.
 -ST-i_stinks
03-19-2004, 3:16 PM
i don't really like kill trackers ....except for get killed trackers :D
Page: 1 of 2