Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wink murder

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi-Monkey
03-05-2004, 3:24 PM
I saw someone doing this on a Buffy website. I dont know their exact rules but it should be fine this way.

First we decide who wants to play here. Just make a post that says that you want to.
Then when we have a few players, Ill PM one of you to tell you that you are the killer.
Then the rest have to guess who the killer is.

-The killer can PM one player a day to tell them they are dead.
-If someone dies, they have to leave a post to say that they have been killed. It can be a little story if you like of how you were brutally murdered.
-Dead people can not guess and can not leave clues (or blatantly say who did it). They are out.
-If you want to guess who the killer is, make a post to accuse. If you are wrong then you are out. You can not guess again, but you can be killed.
-Once the killer has been guessed. We can start a new round with the killer choosing the new killer.
 XxskyeXX
03-05-2004, 3:48 PM
sounds amazin i used 2 play it at skool anywaysz
count me in
 Orca Wail
03-05-2004, 6:19 PM
count me in as well!

I played this game with some friends once, but it was in the woods and it was weeeeeeird.

edit: i don't think we'll get eneogh people, however.
 Jedi-Monkey
03-05-2004, 6:33 PM
If we can get about ten it should work alright. Hopefully more.
 Skinkie
03-05-2004, 8:45 PM
Sign me up, I wanna be a cheap portuguese slut.
 Huz
03-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Count me in, even though this sounds even more unlikely to work on a forum than a Das Mole idea. :~
 Alia
03-06-2004, 12:51 AM
Ok, fine.

ME ME ME ME!
 SamNMax
03-06-2004, 3:49 PM
Alright, I'll give it the old collage try.
 Jedi-Monkey
03-06-2004, 7:27 PM
Just a few more people if possible. Then we'll start.
 SamNMax
03-07-2004, 8:03 PM
Let's just get started.
 Jedi-Monkey
03-07-2004, 8:38 PM
OK. Theres only six players. But we'll start now. See how it goes. Ill PM the killer and you can start to play.

The players are:
XxskyexX
Orca Wail
Skinkie
Huz
Alia
SamNMax
 Sivy
03-08-2004, 11:19 AM
count me in the next round :)
 Jedi-Monkey
03-08-2004, 4:08 PM
Sure.
 Mr Flibble
03-08-2004, 5:12 PM
Count me in !
Next round or whatever.
 Jedi-Monkey
03-08-2004, 7:05 PM
Knew we should have waited a little longer.
 toenail1
03-09-2004, 12:07 AM
count me in next round :( im to late
 Skinkie
03-09-2004, 2:44 AM
Maybe we should just start over, after all it would give us two more people. If you decide to do that you should private message everyone that we're doing it, and work from there.
 DrMcCoy
03-09-2004, 5:18 AM
WAIT!
i would like to play, too...
 Jedi-Monkey
03-09-2004, 3:24 PM
We dont have many players so this first round should be quick.
We'll have another round for the newcomers when its done.
 Das Mole
03-10-2004, 12:10 AM
Count me in, even though this sounds even more unlikely to work on a forum than a Das Mole idea. :~

no, this game isn't as bad as that...

and i'd like to play.

this sounds strikingly like the mole...a little. how about instead of the person that is killed saying they are dead, instead we make an account accessible to everyone, called "the murderer" or something. the murderer uses it when they are the killer. and every round we change the password, or you can jedi monkey, so that the previous killer can't just get in and make a fake-o post. so that with the account, the murderer can give subtle clues as they pluck off players one by one.

unless that's too much trouble. either way, count me in on the next round.

oh yeah, and what's the timeframe for this? is it one person each day? or do we have to wait until one person is eliminated and says they have been to eliminate the next one? that's why i think we should have the account. that way, we don't have to wait for someone to come around and say "oh yeah i got eliminated" or something.
 Jedi-Monkey
03-10-2004, 4:16 PM
Im not sure how long this game will go on for so that account thing might be a hassle. I think its safe to assume that people will keep to the rules and not give away the killers identity after theyve been killed.
Yeah I guess you have to kill a day after someone has said they are dead.
 SamNMax
03-10-2004, 8:49 PM
I know who the killer is! It's... Hey, what are you doing with that big knife?! No... No.... NO!!!!!!!!!

*SamNMax is dead*
 Das Mole
03-11-2004, 1:51 AM
ooh, this is so exciting. one person down. only...a few more to eliminate!

now, what happens if it gets down to the final three and nobody is able to guess correctly. like here's a scenario:

skinkie is the killer.
orca wail and huz are the only two remaining players left. neither one of them has a clue whatsoever who the killer is. nobody guesses, and one more person gets eliminated. then obviously orca or huz would know it was skinkie. but by then it's too late. does that mean skinkie wins?

and since we won't do the account thing, then how about the person posts what number they are eliminated (included in the pm) so that if the first person eliminated is late posting it, you wouldn't have to wait around for them to post it and instead you could cut to the next person. and in the pm, the killer says who they've already eliminated (just in case) and the rank that the victim finishes. that way if someone didn't post it and it's time for the next person to post, they say "well, although *such and such a person* didn't say so, apparently they were eliminated before me, and i'm the *number* eliminated." or whatever. it shouldn't be that hard, just including some info in the pm so if someone can't make it on...i mean, you never know when something comes up and people can't make it online.

i don't know. just a suggestion. maybe i'm trying to make this a little too complicated, but i just think it's necessary to take the correct precautions in order to play the game successfully. *shrug*
 Orca Wail
03-12-2004, 9:19 PM
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!1WTF you have a nife? LOL!

*dead, dead, dead*
 XxskyeXX
03-12-2004, 10:12 PM
*i am officially dead*

watch ur backs guys
 LeChucks Pizza
03-13-2004, 9:33 AM
Hey can i play on the next round
 Skinkie
03-15-2004, 2:02 AM
So there I was very oh so portugeuse and oh so slutty wandering the hotel within which we have all been locked (was that in the original stroy? if not I'm adding it) anyway, I was wandering down the hall planning on sneaking out the fire escape, and avoiding the killer, who's identity I had yet to determine. When all of a sudden out of the shadows he came, the knife stabbed through me repeatedly and with my last ounce of strength I tried to utter the killer's name "It ... was..... uhhhhh"

R.I.P.
 Huz
03-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Well, this game went as well as anticipated. ;)

I've polished everyone off now (barring a certain ALIA who doesn't seem to be reading her PMs, or checking this thread to realise that it's been just me and her left for the past few days), so erm, I win?! By sheer cunning, naturally!

So, what happens now? Want me to nominate a murderer from among the people who've tried to sign up for Round Two? :)
 Skinkie
03-20-2004, 5:39 AM
I think for round two we should start a new thread, to lessen confusion.
 Jedi-Monkey
03-23-2004, 6:31 PM
Yeah we might as well start a new thread. Yeah Huz can PM the new killer.
Page: 1 of 1