Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Trigger trouble

Page: 1 of 1
 multiplayernewb
03-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Hi all:

I have two major trigger questions, and hope you can help.

First, I've got a trigger_push that fills a room (hangar), and I want it set so that when the forcefield (func_usable) is turned off trigger is activated, throwing the player into space. I have the trigger set to "inactive," set it up to turn on and off just fine, using another trigger elsewhere and func_activate/func_deactivate entities.

All that works, but when the trigger is NOT activated, I can't just run through the hangar. Everything shakes all around my player, and it lasts until I leave the trigger brush. What am I doing wrong?

Okay, other problem: I wanna make a trigger_hurt that will "zap" the player, that is, leave residual electricity all over him/her after touching it. I'm told there is a flag of some kind, but where? There's no check box for electricity in the entity properties window, so is it a key and value? If so, what is it?

Thanks for any and all help!
Page: 1 of 1