Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Spy Sweeper

Page: 1 of 1
 IG-64
03-05-2004, 1:29 AM
Earlier I noticed my computer was going rather slow, I ran Adaware and it just found a couple cookies, I ran Spybot S&D, it found some stuff but kept crashing before it could finish. MennioniteHobbit got on AIM and I told him my problem. Luckily he has knowlege of computers, we talked aout it for a bit and he went searching for some spyware programs. After alot of dead ends we came across Spy Sweeper. I D/L and started the scan, the scanning took forever, a couple hours I think, but it was worth it, found 36 spyware programs and a 1,500 or so traces, and deleted them all. :D

So if anyone wants this software you can D/L here (http://www.spysweeper.com/download.html).
 DarkLord60
03-05-2004, 2:50 PM
Is it freeware? Because I think those programs are a rip if you have to buy them.
 Phizzle
03-05-2004, 2:56 PM
:3heart:
I love you.
 •-BLaCKouT-•
03-05-2004, 3:05 PM
Don't wanna be a cynic or anything, but how do I know that Spy Sweeper isn't adware itself? The website looks kind of... rushed? Not a great deal of info on there, and it wants you to download an exe purely on a trust basis. It's not coming up in a search on CNET (http://www.download.com/) either, and I trust them to know.

If it's legit, then fair enough, but I've downloaded more than enough crap in my time :(

B.
 ExcelsioN
03-05-2004, 5:18 PM
Originally posted by •-BLaCKouT-•
Don't wanna be a cynic or anything, but how do I know that Spy Sweeper isn't adware itself? The website looks kind of... rushed? Not a great deal of info on there, and it wants you to download an exe purely on a trust basis. It's not coming up in a search on CNET either, and I trust them to know.

If it's legit, then fair enough, but I've downloaded more than enough crap in my time

B.

I forward that, the website is definatley rushed. There's quite a few spelling mistakes. I'll only download from sites I trust.
 Alegis
03-05-2004, 6:18 PM
i dont have that much problems with spyware (only with GAIN which came with divx, but i blocked internet access for it so no probs at all) and spybot is more than enough for me. The website looks very fast and too simple..not enough comp info, and where i learn from most applications is cnets download.com like blackout says..they are to be trusted, this not
 Kylilin
03-05-2004, 6:20 PM
Yeah this thing is great, I scanned my computer and found a ton of spyware programs. Good stuff...you have my gratitude.
Page: 1 of 1