Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battle for Middle-Earth

Page: 1 of 1
 Swat
03-04-2004, 5:42 AM
Have you guys seen the latest trailer? If not, see it here (http://www.eagames.com/pccd/lotr_bfme/home.jsp). I've never seen a RTS this beautiful before (modified C&C Generals Engine)

What i want to ask is, what is the song title of the theme song in the first video? It's the one playing while the scenery is shown. I really like it
 leXX
03-04-2004, 10:23 AM
Yeah, it looks absolutely amazing. I've been keeping my eye on it for some time now. Definately gonna add it to my collection. It's been a while since I played a good RTS.

The song is from The Two Towers soundtrack, and it's called "Evenstar (featuring Isabel Bayrakdarian)". =)
 Astrotoy7
03-04-2004, 11:47 AM
It does look nice...It has a trailer that comes with the ROTK game.... but I'm not sure if i'd want to play it....

....for me, RTS = Zzzzzzzzzzz

ah, well - hopefully they'll have a demo I can try :)

MTFBWYA
 ET Warrior
03-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
....for me, RTS = Zzzzzzzzzzz

Wait wait wait...you can play the turn-based Final Fantasy games, but an RTS bores you? I mean, don't get me wrong, Final Fantasy is wa cool...but it's not exactly edgeof your seat excitement man.
 The_One
03-04-2004, 1:30 PM
There are so many forms of RTS, and I can assure you at least half of them aren't "zzzz" type games. The original Total Annihilation is a prime example, and if you want real action, get one of the Total War games - Medieval is a classic!

And this game really does look amazing, I've been following it since it was first announced, and this new trailer looks sweet :p Bring on the first decent LOTR licensed game please!
 ExcelsioN
03-04-2004, 3:02 PM
I saw the trailer yesterday, and it looks really cool. Better than that shyte that was The War of the Ring...and this is based on the movies!

If it has battles on Medieval's scale and the depth of Rise of Nations, then it'll be amazing.
 ET Warrior
03-04-2004, 4:29 PM
Originally posted by The_One
and if you want real action, get one of the Total War games - Medieval is a classic!

Actually.....The Total War games are technically Turn-Based-Strategy games...

:p :p :p :p
 DarkLord60
03-04-2004, 5:28 PM
Nope I guess Ill have to watch it.
 ExcelsioN
03-04-2004, 5:32 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Actually.....The Total War games are technically Turn-Based-Strategy games...

:p :p :p :p

Yeah, but the whole point of the Total War games are the Real-Time battles with up to 10,000 men.
 Hiroki
03-04-2004, 5:38 PM
I'm getting this without a doubt. Though I'm a little pissed off that I bought War of the ring thinking it was this game...War of the Ring is a very very very bad game...
 Pie™
03-04-2004, 9:40 PM
Ooooh! A trailer! :D

*clicks*

Is there any way to download the trailer, not just streaming it? :confused:
 the_raven_03
03-04-2004, 10:39 PM
I think this looks like it could be a good game. I dunno if I will play it though.
 Astrotoy7
03-07-2004, 6:16 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Wait wait wait...you can play the turn-based Final Fantasy games, but an RTS bores you? I mean, don't get me wrong, Final Fantasy is wa cool...but it's not exactly edgeof your seat excitement man.

how do you know I like Final Fantasy...... :p

I was waiting for someone to say that. But RTS is NOT RPG, the story element to FF games is integral to the whole experience. Sure walking aorund and talking to every character on the screen may not seem like thrills to many, but it really gives you a feeling for the world your character is in. Often in FF I have found some really interesting comments made by 'onlookers' you come across.....

I loved the storylines forr FF9 and FFX in particular, ff9 was like an epic fairy tale and FFx was an epic journey(and romance).....

With the RTS Ive played theres just too much going on for my poor brain, and the most annoying element are the dicky little character animations.

But yes, cause its LOTR and Ive seen the cool trailer, I'd like to have a go, at least a demo, if not rental.... I did play 'War of The Ring' of course, but got bored very quickly.......

ah well, im probably just not cut out for RTS !!

MTFBWYA
Page: 1 of 1