Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Where did he get those wonderful toys?

Page: 1 of 1
 Feanaro
03-03-2004, 1:54 AM
What are some of the coolest superheroes and the gadgets/powers?
To mee one of the coolest powers and superheroes is spiderman, he rocks. Being able to climb walls and have superhuman stregnth! but i must say there are a lot of cool gadgets and powers out there. James Bonds got a lot of cool things too!
Can anyone guess what movie the subject is quoted from?
 Azrael
03-03-2004, 1:58 AM
Originally posted by Feanaro
What are some of the coolest superheroes and the gadgets/powers?

BATMAN! Nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN! Nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN! Nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN! Nuh... how does this song end, anyhow?
 ET Warrior
03-03-2004, 4:41 AM
Can anyone guess what movie the subject is quoted from?

Riddler in the original Batman movie. It is also quoted in Mall Rats.

I have always thought that Gambit had the coolest super power. I mean, being able to make anything you touch explode is wicked cool.
 topshot
03-04-2004, 12:40 AM
Wolverine could take Batman AND Gambit any day! Heck, he's lived for about 50 years and still looked 20 in the comics, due to his healing factor. Add to the fact that his adamantium bones are nearly unbreakable, and you've got yourself a slicin', dicin', killin' machine!

And, I know Hobby's going to come in this thread any time soon and throw pumpkin bombs at me, but just between you and me: Ben Reilly (a.k.a "Scarlet Spider") is cooler than Peter Parker.

*Runs before any self-crazed Spidey fanatics assault him.*
 ET Warrior
03-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Wolverine has nothing on Gambit. Gambit would just fling like, 52 cards at Wolverine and wolverine would get exploded. EXPLODED!
 topshot
03-04-2004, 12:56 AM
Actually, no. He wouldn't explode into pieces. Feral rage maybe, but not pieces. He would've only been charred. The SHIVA strain virus would be the only thing that could kill him effectively.
 ET Warrior
03-04-2004, 1:03 AM
I didn't say he'd explode into PIECES, but 52 explosive cards from gambit would be enough to pummel his organs and basically everything that wasn't adamantium into mush.
 Mike Windu
03-04-2004, 1:14 AM
I think iceman is badass... just in the way he carries himself in the movies... plus I think blonde actors are cool... *points at orlando*

oooo Legolas and Will Turner are cool heroes...

uhhh for a superhero I would have to say my character I made for my comic... armor and a cool sword with the ability to produce ice/tidal waves... :)
 topshot
03-04-2004, 1:35 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I didn't say he'd explode into PIECES, but 52 explosive cards from gambit would be enough to pummel his organs and basically everything that wasn't adamantium into mush.

I exaggerated a bit and added the 'pieces' part. I guess you're right though. Kill all the cells in his body with enough amplified heat, and he wouldn't be able to heal correctly.
 Feanaro
03-04-2004, 3:22 AM
Well wolverine is cool and all, but lets not forget about people like Omega red who are pretty invincible like wolverine. And also collosus. Man there are just too many cool heroes out there.
 Tyrion
03-04-2004, 6:00 AM
I'll just cut to the chase and get Q from Star Trek. Sure he isnt a comic book character, but he can beat anyone any day of the week.
 Darth Groovy
03-04-2004, 6:11 AM
 Jedi Luke
03-04-2004, 6:14 AM
Yeah, the last image didn't show up. The tripod image hosting banner is there. Oh well, just have to copy the link and paste it in a new window to see it.
 Darth Groovy
03-04-2004, 6:16 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Luke
Yeah, the last image didn't show up. The tripod image hosting banner is there. Oh well, just have to copy the link and paste it in a new window to see it.

Fixed it with another image. Refresh.
 Sivy
03-04-2004, 7:11 AM
spider-man is the best, look how he thrusts....
http://www.michaelhanscom.com/eclecticism/2002/09/graphics/spiderman.gif)
 leXX
03-04-2004, 7:16 AM
Psylocke from the X-Men (<--see av). Her powers include telekinesis and flight, and she can manifest the totallity of her psychic abilities into a 'Psychic katana blade' which temprarily immobilizes her opponent when struck. She is well trained in Ninjitsu and she is from London, England. ;)
 CapNColostomy
03-04-2004, 7:31 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Riddler in the original Batman movie. It is also quoted in Mall Rats.

I have always thought that Gambit had the coolest super power. I mean, being able to make anything you touch explode is wicked cool.

WRONG!!! It was Jack Nicholson as the Joker that said it. Unless by "original Batman movie" you mean the black and white one, or the 60's one. Maybe the Riddler said it in one of those too.
 FiEND_138
03-04-2004, 8:28 AM
I've always been partial to The Punisher myself. Somethin about a psychotic vigilante i guess. Then Bat Man, same reason & the batmobile.
 ET Warrior
03-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
WRONG!!! It was Jack Nicholson as the Joker that said it. Unless by "original Batman movie" you mean the black and white one, or the 60's one. Maybe the Riddler said it in one of those too.

AWwwww crap. I KNEW it was joker, i KNEW it was Jack Nicholson, and I STILL said Riddler. *hangs head in shame.*
 Alegis
03-04-2004, 3:10 PM
anyone with telekinetic powers..like the force. Ness is a good example

for gadgets; blade and bond
 ET Warrior
03-04-2004, 3:45 PM
Originally posted by Alegis Gensan
anyone with telekinetic powers..like the force. Ness is a good example

for gadgets; blade and bond

Jean Gray perhaps aswell?

I actually never really cared for the punisher. He wasn't so much a hero of anykind as just a really pissed off guy with guns.
 Black Knight of Keno
03-04-2004, 3:55 PM
I have to be with Groovy in this one. Blade is dah man! :p
 Feanaro
03-04-2004, 4:09 PM
Yeah, but do you think they are making too many superhero movies? Cause the punisher is coming out soon, and i'm sure others are to follow. I for one think it's really cool, as long as the do a good job with the movies. Doesn't The Punisher remind you a little bit of Max Payne?
 CapNColostomy
03-04-2004, 4:14 PM
 ET Warrior
03-04-2004, 4:17 PM
Yeah, but do you think they are making too many superhero movies? Cause the punisher is coming out soon, and i'm sure others are to follow. I for one think it's really cool, as long as the do a good job with the movies. Doesn't The Punisher remind you a little bit of Max Payne?

Max payne's character seems to be basically based off the punisher, ya know? Though Max Payne is cooler because he dives around in slow motion all the time :D:p

I think it's really cool that they're making so many superhero movies, as long as they do them well and don't just put out crappy movies to make more money off the superhero license.
 DarkLord60
03-04-2004, 5:49 PM
Now that I think of it Blade and Bond gadgets are the best!
 Feanaro
03-04-2004, 7:09 PM
I think the lack of cool gadgets make a superhero way cooler! LIke Conan the Barbarian/Destroyer. He's awesome cause he's just a bad dude with a sword.
 Mike Windu
03-04-2004, 9:06 PM
I think the credits should go out to all the Mystery Men as they are the most badass superheroes... watched their video recording of their rise to fame the other day...
 Astrotoy7
03-04-2004, 10:23 PM
*Jubei Kibagami - from the anime feature ninja scroll. He's just a samurai, with no super powers apart from being lightning quick with the blade...

*Kaze, from the anime series Final Fantasy unlimited, has the demon gun, which he loads with different elements(colours) representing various emotions and actions. When he shoots the mixture of the different elemnts forms a summoned creature(common in final fantasy), Phoenix, Shiva, Ifrit, Ixion etc....

MTFBWYA
 the_raven_03
03-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Yeah, but do you think they are making too many superhero movies?

I don't mind that they are making a lot of super hero movies.
 Feanaro
03-05-2004, 3:27 AM
You know what would be really cool would be a movie with all kinds of superheros. I know they did it in the comics they should just make it into a movie.
 Seph
03-05-2004, 6:11 AM
gambit, psylock, can oswin from fire emblem be one? he takes almost no damage!(gambit would win a. He's faster B. Blow up wolverines heart)
 CapNColostomy
03-05-2004, 4:49 PM
Originally posted by Seph
gambit, psylock, can oswin from fire emblem be one? he takes almost no damage!(gambit would win a. He's faster B. Blow up wolverines heart)

I don't think that would work...I remember an issue where a guy (I think his name was Tiger Shark) was dragging him to the bottom of the sea. His lungs would fill with water, explode, and he'd just regenerate new ones. So I'm supposing the same would happen with his heart, were it to explode.
 dark jedi 8
03-05-2004, 10:26 PM
i agree with Groovy, blade is a bad ass! got some cool gadgets to.:cool:
Page: 1 of 1