Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Func_breakable Question

Page: 1 of 1
 R8Sephiroth8P
02-28-2004, 5:59 PM
How do you make a trigger to make a func_breakable brush break?
 mastercracker
02-28-2004, 8:47 PM
make a trigger_once and set target to break_obj (or whatever)

make a func_breakable and set targetname to break_obj (or another targetname but don't forget to have the right target at the trigger_once)

Yeah that's it :D
 R8Sephiroth8P
02-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Thx :)
 multiplayernewb
03-05-2004, 1:52 PM
While we're on the subject, is there a way to make the breaking of a func_breakable object coincide with activating an fx_runner? In other words, what if I make, say, a pipe you can slice open with the saber, and want to make steam start coming out of the hole left over after I break it? I'm just talking about simple breakable things, not necessarily the triggerable func_breakables mentioned here.
 *Dark
03-05-2004, 4:57 PM
i did this in a map once, just make most of the non-broken from brushes, then filled it in with what i made the func_breakable out of, then i made a fx_runner which started off and was triggered by the destruction of the brush
 multiplayernewb
03-06-2004, 6:47 PM
Originally posted by *Dark
i did this in a map once, just make most of the non-broken from brushes, then filled it in with what i made the func_breakable out of, then i made a fx_runner which started off and was triggered by the destruction of the brush

Erm, right. That's what I said. And just how do you do that? How do you make the destruction of the func_breakable activate the runner?
 *Dark
03-06-2004, 6:55 PM
oh, you just ctrl + k, the func_breakable should have a target for when it is destroyed and the fx_runner can have a targetname to switch it on, you migth have to hit a start off switch though
Page: 1 of 1