Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Minimize games using hotkeys?

Page: 1 of 1
 Divine Spirit
02-27-2004, 7:24 PM
hey, just wondering if any of u know how to minimize any computer game ur in so u can access other programmes?

iv tried alt + tab and that does nothing
using the windows key it just shows up the taskbar and if i try clicking on another programme it wont pop up. or if i try to right click + minimize the game im in it wont work.

im sure iv seen this question asked on the forum before...but then that would be a while back :)
 •-BLaCKouT-•
02-27-2004, 7:28 PM
I believe there's a Q3-Engine minimizer out there somewhere, but personally, I run my games 'windowed' and Alt-Tab works fine for me. It's just full-screen when it doesn't.

:) B.
 Divine Spirit
02-27-2004, 7:31 PM
how can u put them windowed? there might be a way of windowing it and then minimizing it
 Jed
02-27-2004, 7:31 PM
Originally posted by Divine Spirit
hey, just wondering if any of u know how to minimize any computer game ur in so u can access other programmes?

iv tried alt + tab and that does nothing
using the windows key it just shows up the taskbar and if i try clicking on another programme it wont pop up. or if i try to right click + minimize the game im in it wont work.

im sure iv seen this question asked on the forum before...but then that would be a while back :)

Aside from the question...

Holy ****, it's Divine Spirit. :|
 Divine Spirit
02-27-2004, 7:39 PM
Originally posted by Jed
Aside from the question...

Holy ****, it's Divine Spirit. :|

well its a loooong story....

well ok, its not :P iv just bought a lovely new PC and got broadband access on my computer so i thought why not play this brilliant game again? the game was awful to play on on my old pc because it was so slow.

and i thought id look around here and see what i could find :)
 •-BLaCKouT-•
02-27-2004, 7:47 PM
Well, assuming it's JO/JA we're talking about, go into the video setup screen and change Full Screen Mode to off. I think you've also got to set the resolution lower than your screen res. Mine's 800x600 (small monitor) and I set my game res to 640 x 480. While this is relatively small, I don't get that many FPS issues ;)

B.
 Divine Spirit
02-27-2004, 7:53 PM
well, iv got my game running in a window now and it seems to work.

thanks for the help :)
 •-BLaCKouT-•
02-27-2004, 8:04 PM
is cool :D

B.
 XERXES
02-27-2004, 8:10 PM
alt + tab works well for me, never had any trouble with it at all.
 Joetheeskimo
02-27-2004, 9:12 PM
Also, a quick note: sometimes you have to hold down Alt + Tab for about 3-6 seconds, then let go. It may work then.
 obi
02-27-2004, 9:18 PM
As Jed said....

Holy crap. Divine, Where in the WORLD did you go? First Slayne returns, now you....

I could have sworn I whiped out all of you Sith....

Ah well, welcome back anyway.

;)
 DarkLord60
02-27-2004, 9:38 PM
Alt + ENTER works for me.
 Divine Spirit
02-27-2004, 9:38 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
As Jed said....

Holy crap. Divine, Where in the WORLD did you go? First Slayne returns, now you....

;)

i just went on a bit of a walk about :D looks like this place is still going strong. i would have thought it had slowed down since the game got older? any changes around the forum? aside from it being a new forum :D i think ill hang around a bit more then...

looks like the sith are back ;)

btw, tried holding down alt + tab for quite a lot of seconds and it still didnt work. im fine using a window thing tho.
 Astrotoy7
02-29-2004, 12:10 AM
For Jedi Academy at least, there is a cool little uitility called "JA Minimiser" that I used to use alot, it was very fast, and very STABLE.....

MTFBWYA
 Darth Slayne
02-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Generaly I don't have a problem with Alt-Tab. But then I suppose it depends on what your playing.

Originally posted by obi-wan13

;)

My good man! Did you have spuds in your lug-holes when I said that the Sith always show up again sooner or later?

I swear! It has to be old age catching up on you! :p
 ZBomber
02-29-2004, 1:11 PM
*grabs lightsaber*

The sith won't be along for long! :p

Welcome back, Divine. I liked your weird mouse looking avatar. ^_^

I usually just press the windows button, btw. :p
 Ziechel
03-01-2004, 1:39 PM
Control + Alt + Delete should open taskmanager ----> minimize by clicking right on the program
 Alegis
03-01-2004, 3:12 PM
when dooing that ziechel i think you only get the START bar, as I get when i try to alt tab in most games (all of them of the Q-engine) some time ago i tried to get Q3E minimizer but i failed in getting it..
 Black Knight of Keno
03-01-2004, 3:37 PM
alt + tab works for me. But you should remeber that there is games like C&C: Red alert where the alt + tab doesn't work. It's somekind of a bug or something I think
 Lindsey
03-01-2004, 4:13 PM
Not to mention your screen looks like it just blew up when you do that, all bright and everything :cool:
 Ziechel
03-01-2004, 5:17 PM
heh funny, on my pc it works with ctr alt del
 Divine Spirit
03-01-2004, 9:13 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
*grabs lightsaber*

The sith won't be along for long! :p

Welcome back, Divine. I liked your weird mouse looking avatar. ^_^

I usually just press the windows button, btw. :p

i think this is the one ur talking about. its a bear :D

looks like the sith are back.

theres hardly anyone on the servers anymore - i cant be too surprised really but im sad that iv like missed the busy time
 ZBomber
03-01-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Divine Spirit
i think this is the one ur talking about. its a bear :D

looks like the sith are back.

theres hardly anyone on the servers anymore - i cant be too surprised really but im sad that iv like missed the busy time

Thats the one! It does look like a bear now that you mention it. :D

You had some sad guy crying before, too. I have a good memory for people's avatars. ^_^
Page: 1 of 1