Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

D. Kothos and V. Kothos? /* storyline spoilers */

Page: 1 of 1
 Pa3PyX
02-27-2004, 12:41 AM
Who are these guys? More precisely, where do they come from? Very little is said about them in the Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, yet I found a couple of references to them on sites that apparently have nothing to do with this game, so I assume these characters are not specific to this game, but may actually be encountered somewhere in official Star Wars fiction, comics, card games, etc. (Expanded Universe?), perhaps unofficial fiction? I looked up Star Wars site for these, but they are not listed under characters, but then again neither is the dark Jedi Jerec, who is actually an Expanded Universe character found in Star Wars encyclopedia (which I don't have my hands on right now).

For those who do not know, here's the background story in a nutshell. First there was Desann, formerly a student at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy, who turned to the dark path. Desann and most of his minions were later defeated by the Jedi master Kyle Katarn with the help of Luke Skywalker and others -- but not Tavion, Desann's apprentice, who was pitied by Kyle and survived. Later Tavion acquired the scepter of the ancient Sith lord Marka Ragnos, an artifact capable of absorbing and storing the Force energy as well releasing it at the wielder's will. Tavion started a cult called "Disciples of Ragnos" to scour the galaxy for places which had strong connection with the Force to channel the energy into the scepter which she planned to use to resurrect Ragnos.

All that is known about Dasariah Kothos and Vil Kothos is that these two apparently brothers (twins?) at some point joined the Disciples of Ragnos and helped Tavion turn Rosh Penin, Kyle's apprentice, to the dark side. Both of the Kothos were defeated by the Jedi knight Jaden Korr, a friend of Rosh and also Kyle's apprentice, during his mission on Vjun in an ill-fated attempt to extract Rosh from the hands of the Disciples.
 Crow_Nest
02-27-2004, 3:30 AM
Originally posted by Pa3PyX
All that is known about Dasariah Kothos and Vil Kothos is that these two apparently brothers (twins?)

Err.. Actullay how do you know their names? :confused: I dont even know them.
 Lightsaberboy
02-27-2004, 4:26 AM
i was under the impression that they didnt have names, much like all the other reborn and cultists you fight.
 Pa3PyX
02-27-2004, 5:42 AM
To verify that these in fact are the guys that fight alongside dark Rosh on Vjun, you can enable cheats in the game:

helpUsObi 1

And then spawn these characters:

npc spawn DKothos
npc spawn VKothos

You will recognize them by their distinct voices, and by them being much "fatter" than regular Reborn and Cultists (500 hit points each instead of normal 200). Also, albeit they do not use lightsabers (only dark Force), you can see by their looks that they are actually Reborn rather than Cultists.

Their full names are mentioned in the game credits, and on this site (http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/njo.html).
Page: 1 of 1