Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Going to Rent a game!

Page: 1 of 1
 Domo-Kun
02-26-2004, 3:25 PM
I am going to rent a game for one of these: PS2, GBASP, or PC. Which game do you suggest I rent?

Thanks,

Domo.
 The_One
02-26-2004, 3:29 PM
You can rent games for PC?

If you can, get a PC game :) I recommend something like Max Payne 2 or Call of Duty - short games that are great fun.
 BongoBob
02-26-2004, 3:30 PM
Dude, where do you live, because here in Vegas you can't rent PC games :eek:
Anyhow, if you're going to rent a GBA game, I'ld go with Advance Wars 2:Black Hole Rising. PS2, I'ld go with(if you have net connection on your PS2 especially)THUG(Tony Hawks Underground)
 Domo-Kun
02-26-2004, 4:41 PM
I have rapped THUG, MP2, and CoD. Any other suggestions? And Bongo, I live in the maritimes in Canada.
 ZBomber
02-26-2004, 5:05 PM
lol, isn't putting PC games for rent illegal? Since you could make copies of it and all. ;)
 ExcelsioN
02-26-2004, 5:44 PM
I've never heard of renting pc games, I always assumed that it was illegal. I can't remember the last time I rented a game...but thats 'cos Blockbuster only let you take it out for like 1 day. :rolleyes:

If you can rent PC Games, then get BF! Other than that, rent Soul Caliber II for PS2.
 Domo-Kun
02-26-2004, 6:30 PM
I got MOH:RS
 Astrotoy7
02-26-2004, 6:32 PM
Here in Melbourne Australia you can definitely rent PC games. My local BlockBuster has pretty much everything, but Im not going to talk about that anymore because I might get in trouble....(again) :p

and thats just silly saying you can't rent pc games because they can be copied....um, so can dvds/vhs.......

Ok, if you want to rent a game, you do need to go for something short and sweet that you'll at least have a fun play of, even if you dont finish it.....

my recommendations : (some of these are interchangeable between platforms)....

*PC - Max payne 2

*PS2 - LOTR - ROTK (easier, more fun on ps2), maybe even give Prince of Persia a try, I've heard it's great, but have never played it myself. If you like car games then maybe NFS:Underground too, but that's not my cup of tea... Sonic Heroes is also out on ps2, I cant wait to play it, so maybe you can find out how good it is !

*GBA - Any of the Sonic Games, they're great fun !

MTFBWYA
 ET Warrior
02-26-2004, 8:27 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Here in Melbourne Australia you can definitely rent PC games.

They don't do that here in the States as far as I know...at least nowhere I've been. difference between copying DVD's and VHS tapes is that you need actual equipment for it. To have the PC game forever all you need is a computer and the internet.
 Crow_Nest
02-27-2004, 3:28 AM
It depends on which game you want and on which platform it is on.
 Astrotoy7
02-27-2004, 4:46 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
.....difference between copying DVD's and VHS tapes is that you need actual equipment for it. To have the PC game forever all you need is a computer and the internet.

***astro silences himself***

ET, I must respond to teh statement though, check your PMs !

MTFBWYA
Page: 1 of 1