Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who's your favorite hockey player?

Page: 1 of 1
 Feanaro
02-24-2004, 9:51 PM
Alright everyone just tell me who your favorite hockey player is and why.

Mine- Alex Tanguay. This guys been my favorite since the 2000-2001 season. I just really like his style of play, and how good he is. Tanguay's the MAN!
 XERXES
02-24-2004, 9:59 PM
Fedirov from the Redwings...havent watched NHL for about 3-4 years but he was awesome. That goalie named Hassek was bad ass too :D
 TiE23
02-24-2004, 10:04 PM
Ziggy Palffy!!! (sp?) hes cool

TiE
 BigTeddyPaul
02-24-2004, 10:09 PM
Sergei Fedorov signed a contract with the Ducks this season. Hasek will also probably not play another game in the NHL again.

Has to be Pronger. Biggest baddest mo'fo. Plays huge and is a dominant force. Take Hatcher and Lidstrom and you get Pronger.

The reason I like hockey though is because of MacInnis. If it was not for him I would probably be a boring basketball fan.

Tanguay is underrated and overrated at the same time. He has skill and would be a 50 pt man anywhere but since he plays on Colorado and with Forsberg and Hejduk his stats are inflated.

Him and Morrison from Vancouver are in the same boat.

BTP
 Feanaro
02-24-2004, 10:37 PM
How can one be underated as well as overated? I think that would just make them awesome.
 ET Warrior
02-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by XERXES
That goalie named Hassek was bad ass too

Hasek was an overrated undertalented hack. :p

I'm thinking, either Rob Blake, Alex Tanguay, or Martin St. Louis.

They're awesome.
 Feanaro
02-24-2004, 11:01 PM
OOOOOOO, St. Louis is amazing! He has like five million shorthanded pionts this season!
 the_raven_03
02-24-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by XERXES
That goalie named Hassek was bad ass too :D

Hasek flops and gets lucky and people think he is awesome but in all reality he is terrible and I hope he never plays again.

St. Louis is awesome but so is Peter Forsberg. If he could stay healthy, he would be super amazing.
 Darth Rythe
02-25-2004, 12:10 AM
I've never seen it so, BIG TEDDY PAUL!
 Pad
02-25-2004, 9:44 AM
Well, since I played hockey Iґve always been a real fan of Peter Forsberg with his laserguided passes, offensive aswell as defensive skills,...

Also the more I got to know about the nhl, the more I got to like Pavel Bure. The russian rocket who has some real nifty skills.
 Prime
02-25-2004, 2:23 PM
Old school... Jari Kurri

New School... Doug Weight

How I love those Oilers. Come back Doug!

Love,
A Oilers fan living in Senators country.
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
02-25-2004, 2:45 PM
Originally posted by Pad
Well, since I played hockey Iґve always been a real fan of Peter Forsberg with his laserguided passes, offensive aswell as defensive skills,...

I actually know him and got the chance to play with him when I went back to CO in september

He is amazing...oh and merciless, my ass hurt for weeks after that game :(
 Feanaro
02-25-2004, 6:27 PM
You actually got to play with Peter Forsberg? How in the heck are you so lucky to know Peter Forsberg?
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
02-25-2004, 9:36 PM
Originally posted by Feanaro
You actually got to play with Peter Forsberg? How in the heck are you so lucky to know Peter Forsberg?

Oh my Grandpa owns a construction company that spans a few cities in CO and got called up for a job on his new house, or summer house. Don't know which :rolleyes:. And while I was in CO I helped him with some jobs (my grandfather) and one called in and he said "this is Pete Forsberg" and I about jumped out of my chair. He actually did alot of the work on his house himself and helped us with the machinery. Awsome guy, and the accent wasn't too bad to where you were like "WTF?"

As for the game we played...too graphic for the swamp I'm sorry to say. All I can give you is an equation, Ice+Troopr+Forsberg=Troopr being thankful to just whatch hockey on TV
Page: 1 of 1