Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

the best playsets? 95-present

Page: 1 of 1
 daring dueler
02-24-2004, 7:43 PM
what is your favorite kenner or hasbro made playset? (not including vintgae, there were alot)

im not talking the cardboard standups, im talking plastic. mine would have to be either kenner hoth (but i dont have it:( )
or maybe the freezing chamber....maybe the death star detention block?
 dark jedi 8
02-24-2004, 8:10 PM
the hoth one looked nice, but i'll have to go with the arena playset because it was larger and pretty detailed.:cool:
 Katarn07
02-24-2004, 9:00 PM
Hoth! I played the hell outta that thing. I had a whole board with cotton glued onto it and had that there and boy did I have fun. Next would be the the Freezing Chamber. One of my best scenes there.

Cantina and Jabba's Palace are indeed playsets but you said no cardboard so I won't include those.

The above 4 2 are my favorites :D
 ZBomber
02-24-2004, 11:36 PM
I liked the dention block one (I think that was it, with the gunner stormtrooper)

Never had it, but always wanted it. ;)
 daring dueler
02-26-2004, 12:39 AM
that one is the bridge deelie, with swinging luke and leia....

i have the arena, its ok, but it shouls be bigger if it were to be more accurate.

btw katarn , nice stewie av....
 ZBomber
02-28-2004, 2:36 PM
Yeh, I think that has a gun on it......
 Katarn07
02-28-2004, 4:26 PM
I had the chasm but I lost all the pieces to it when playing. Damned thing wouldn't stay together. I got the detention block for 3 dollars nearly complete with no box though and it looks great with my PotF2 Han mailaway, Luke stormie, and Leia in there.

Wish they'd make an army builder for Chewie :p. I need him in that scene, the skiff scene, and my Endor scene. I have all the appropriate ones for Jabba's Palace (PotF2 captive), the Freezing Chamber (Saga Bespin), and Hoth (PotF2 Flashback/ Saga Hoth 4 Pack).

Speaking of Endor (read carefully above, I said it somewhere in there) I wish I had that playset for my pathetic Endor scene. I never asked for it because Endor was (and still is) one of my least favorite scenes and saw no reason to play with it. :(

As for Stewie, I just saw Family Guy for the first time last weekend when a friend told me to watch his Volume 1 DVD set. I couldn't stop watching them :D
 ZBomber
02-29-2004, 2:31 PM
Damn, you never saw it before that? :|

They are gonna start makign new episodes, so watch out for those soon. ;)
 daring dueler
03-04-2004, 7:26 PM
great show ....really!
(and remeber ,the chumbalumbas rule!)

well i ordered the detention block, the swing deelie, and the 2 card board pop-ups, received them yesterday,i order all 4 loose, however i got the 2 pop ups complete, sealed in box, with figures, i had the cantina one when it came out, and now i have the palace, probvlem is, i cant decide to open it or not...afeter all , my jabba scene could rules....
 Katarn07
03-04-2004, 10:30 PM
Don't be an idiot..... OPEN THEM! They don't display well in the box and you do need it to make your Jabba scene to even come half way to be as cool as mine :p

Just kidding, you have more figures for that scene than me at the moment, though I'm not sure you opened them. ;)
 daring dueler
03-05-2004, 12:37 AM
an hour after my last poste i did indeed open both...and until you get the new jabba, my jabba scene rules.......plus arppatunie and the elom guy.......its not a specific movie scene, there is no boush or chewie or luke. Oola is there....and all the other charactors. band, dancers. my cantiuna looks really good, but i dont have a full band for it.
 dark jedi 8
03-05-2004, 1:36 AM
they definately need to make the weequy (sp) drummer.
 daring dueler
03-05-2004, 2:44 PM
definatly , a weequay drummer would be cool, i do have one, , i have a weequay, the drum sticks from the endor accsesory set, and the gong from jabba episode 1 which spit the head....good enough.
 Katarn07
03-05-2004, 8:16 PM
Nah, I have everything save for those three. That's the Jabbas Dancer 3 pack, the 3 Wal Mart Max Rebo Band sets, the original mail away Bomarr Monk, Ephant Mon, Amanaman, PotF2 Boba Fett, Yak Face, Ree Yees, Greedo, Tessek, Rancor Keeper, Bib Fortuana, C-3P0, Leia Slave, Leia Boushh, Lando Skiff, Chewie Slave, Globba Jabba, Salacious Crumb, and down below is the Rancor gobbling up a Gamorrean with Oola and Luke awaiting their turn. I plan on getting those two new guys with the new Jabba and another Gammorean for the actual palace :)

Beat that. Oh, and don't get me going on the Cantina :p
 daring dueler
03-05-2004, 8:34 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Nah, I have everything save for those three. That's the Jabbas Dancer 3 pack, the 3 Wal Mart Max Rebo Band sets, the original mail away Bomarr Monk, Ephant Mon, Amanaman, PotF2 Boba Fett, Yak Face, Ree Yees, Greedo, Tessek, Rancor Keeper, Bib Fortuana, C-3P0, Leia Slave, Leia Boushh, Lando Skiff, Chewie Slave, Globba Jabba, Salacious Crumb, and down below is the Rancor gobbling up a Gamorrean with Oola and Luke awaiting their turn. I plan on getting those two new guys with the new Jabba and another Gammorean for the actual palace :)

Beat that. Oh, and don't get me going on the Cantina :p

here i go ..
in palace-
-saga jabba
-saga boba
-salacious
-Oola
-lando skiff
-3 gammoreon guards
-2 jawas
-ree-yees
-yak-face
-rancor keeper
-tessek
-ephant mon
-amanaman
-bib fortuna
( i dont have a specific scene, so i omited luke, leia, chewie and the gang)
-and ofocurse my band is there with the dancers (band includes potf2 ,all, and saga)
-under in a shelf underneath that, a rancor, and my skiff with skiff guards.:fett: , man thats cool.

-my cantina is quite depleted...due to lack of cantina figures.
And i may have forgotten to mention figures.....
 dark jedi 8
03-11-2004, 10:15 PM
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2441&zoneid=7) (finally ends) has an interesting rumor about 1/3 of the way down about the hoth and endor playsets being re-released w/possible pack in figure. sounds good to me!:cool:
 Katarn07
03-12-2004, 1:01 AM
I wouldn't put too much faith in that stuff. I haven't heard anything about it and they usually have more at Toyfair than what is actually released. A Vader Carrying case would be awfully cool though since they didn't make a PotF2 one. I have the 3P0 one and love it :D
 dark jedi 8
03-12-2004, 1:13 AM
the only reason i don't really doubt it is because this seems to be the year of the repacks, meaning anything like that cuold be possible. I think its a good idea cause i never got the sets when they came out and i've always wanted them.
 daring dueler
03-12-2004, 7:11 PM
while i too would buy them, na di certainly dont pout going that lkow past hasbro......i think katarn is correct, its nomrally some fan hoping to get them that releases a rumor like this.
 Katarn07
03-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Ooops, I have some Jawas in my Jabba scene too. Sounds like we're pretty much even. I got some stuff you don't have and vice versa. I plan on getting all new stuff of course and the skiff guard 3 pack (unless the TRUS 4 pack will have them all, I'll get two of those :))

And as for repacked playsets, I don't mind that too much. I'd be kinda pissed that the 40 dollar Hoth and 30 dollar Endor playsets plummeted in price but then again am I selling this stuff?
 daring dueler
03-15-2004, 7:24 PM
no true collector would, unless that was to buy more star wars, or you went poor, amssumingly from buying star wars....
 Katarn07
03-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by daring dueler
no true collector would, unless that was to buy more star wars, or you went poor, amssumingly from buying star wars....

:p

OK, those are the two scenarios. There are a few others I can think of but frankly they don't apply to me. Erm, yet. >.>
 daring dueler
03-16-2004, 7:22 PM
like murder!? bwahahahaahaha!

sincerely
-mr. slice and dice

ahem...collecting!
 Katarn07
03-16-2004, 8:23 PM
Originally posted by daring dueler
like murder!? bwahahahaahaha!

sincerely
-mr. slice and dice

ahem...collecting!

Oh dear God I forgot all about that :D

And thinking back on crazy $h!t we did last summer, I never did see that horsie video! :p
 daring dueler
03-24-2004, 7:19 PM
yes! thats true! damn you z!

and never forget....."im getting jorg biatch!"
 Katarn07
03-29-2004, 8:39 PM
No no no no, I the exact quote was "F*** you biatch, I got him Jorg!" If that was on MSN, it was logged. Oh wait, my PC is kaput so I'll never see that again! That convo was hilarious.

Anyhow, my Jabba scene got upgraded alot. See the other thread to see what I all got :D
 daring dueler
03-30-2004, 7:31 PM
i saved the convo...when you get a new computor ill send it.
Page: 1 of 1