Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

what's with the forum popups?

Page: 1 of 1
 t3rr0r
02-24-2004, 12:26 PM
occasionally when i come to this section, i'm flooded with popups... one such popup downloads something to your computer. :|
 The_One
02-24-2004, 2:28 PM
It's just the way it is...

Ya know, this network has to be funded somehow :p

I suggest using a popup blocker of some sort. I use Google Toolbar, which is available from Google.com - it adds a toolbar to IE and allows you to do Google searches, the popup blocker is built in too. Works a treat for me :)
 Executor32
02-25-2004, 4:08 AM
I just use Avant Browser (http://www.avantbrowser.com). An improvement over IE in every way, with a built-in popup and image blocker to boot.
 J_Bond
02-25-2004, 9:55 AM
I'm using Mozilla. It has a popup blocker, and is a little bit more secure than the Internet Explorer from Microsoft. But if you prefer to use the Internet Explorer than I suggest to use Avant Browser as Executor32 said. It has lots of options to prevent popups and to close some security leaks. And it isn't very big (2.63 MB).
Page: 1 of 1