Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What is the extent of your Star Wars geekiness ?

Page: 1 of 1
 Astrotoy7
02-23-2004, 8:29 AM
It'd be safe to say *most* of us here love at least one of the Star Wars movies, right......? And perhaps many of our friends would describe us as a 'Star Wars' fan..... but what does this mean, as far as *you* are concerned.......??? vote !!
 ExcelsioN
02-23-2004, 8:41 AM
I just like the films and play the games. Never read any of the EU stuff. Sabers are really cool though.
 StarWarsPhreak
02-23-2004, 9:37 AM
EU all the way. the movies were cool.... the OT still is.
 leXX
02-23-2004, 10:52 AM
I like the movies, games, books, comics and toys. I'm into everything and anything to do with Star Wars. I've been a Star Wars freak since A New Hope was released.

There isn't really an option in your poll for that. Maybe you should add a couple more:

"I'm a huge fan of the movies and nothing more"
"I'm into everything and anything to do with Star Wars"

I'm the latter. ;)
 Darth Slayne
02-23-2004, 11:35 AM
I dont even like Star Wars, I'm just at Lucasforums for the chicks...

What kind of a choice is that one? Man if I was looking for chicks, I'd get off my but and have a squiz out in the real world.....but thats just me :p

Seriously though, you really DO need some more choices to pick from. The selection you have would make me seem like some sort of Star Wars monster.

*covers up bizarre desire to be a Jawa*
 •-BLaCKouT-•
02-23-2004, 12:18 PM
>> geek <<

I've got a tattoo of the imperial logo on my arm, and up (until 3 weeks ago) I had a 'padawan' haircut. For almost 2 years :xp:

Hell, I'm not embarassed! I love the SW OT, PT and some of the EU. The Ewoks films were crap though.

:D B.
 Darth Slayne
02-23-2004, 12:48 PM
Heh. Yeah, I was going to get the Imperial Logo done on both upper arms. Its a cool shape to look. But I have since changed my mind. Instead those places are reserved for my own personal symbol. A spider with a pair of curved swords crossed under it.

That is if I ever do make up my mind if I want a Tat that is...
 The_One
02-23-2004, 1:16 PM
I think the mere fact that the majority of us are here to discuss Star Wars games makes us all pretty goddam geeky :p
 Neverhoodian
02-23-2004, 1:56 PM
I'm a big Star Wars fan, but my level of geekiness doesn't fit in any of the categories listed. I would fall under:

"Loves the movies, games and some EU, but thinks that EU nowadays is going to hell in a handbasket."

That would be the category I fall under.

originally posted by Darth Slane:
Heh. Yeah, I was going to get the Imperial Logo done on both upper arms. Its a cool shape to look. But I have since changed my mind. Instead those places are reserved for my own personal symbol. A spider with a pair of curved swords crossed under it.

That is if I ever do make up my mind if I want a Tat that is...

Actually, that symbol sounds a heck of a lot like a symbol used for a Brotherhood of Nod loading screen in C&C: Tiberian Sun. It has daggers instead of curved swords, though.
 txa1265
02-23-2004, 2:09 PM
I love all 5 movies, many of the games, much of the EU. I have costumes that I wear when I take my kids out at Halloween, but never dressed up for a premier or went to a convention. I went to Disney and adjusted the timing to hit Star Wars weekends ... for the kids ;)

I - like leXX - am part of the 'fan since '77' club. I saw 'Star Wars' ~12 times in theaters that year ... boy was I amped for TESB when it came out ... the year was 1980, and I was 14 ...

[edit] Unlike many of my contemporaries, my favorite movie is Episode II (followed by TESB), and my favorite Obi-Wan is Ewan McGregor.

Mike
 Boba Rhett
02-23-2004, 3:29 PM
I'm a huge Star Wars fan but the EU can go to hell for all I care.
 Jared
02-23-2004, 5:15 PM
I liked star wars alot more when I was younger....now its mostly about the gaming...but I still am looking forward to seeing episode 3....I might be at the first showing ...on the first day...it all depends. I don't care as much as before. I liked the original 3, I liked the new 2 episodes.....I wouldn't get a tat of something SW....^^....and I have a few of the books....a few of the toys....just for the hell of it....but.....hmmm.

oh and, Astro, the only girls here are married, or want to be guys.
 ZBomber
02-23-2004, 5:57 PM
I'm gonna dress up as a sith for episode 3. I;m a HUGE SW fan. Don't know much about the EU books though.....
 Darklighter
02-23-2004, 6:04 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
I'm a huge Star Wars fan but the EU can go to hell for all I care.

Hells yeah, Darkeh seconds that ;) And seeing as though, that option wasn't up there, I settled for the last one XP
 Kain
02-23-2004, 6:07 PM
I like RotJ and some of the games (JO, BG, XWing vs TIE).
 Astrotoy7
02-23-2004, 6:12 PM
Originally posted by leXX

There isn't really an option in your poll for that. Maybe you should add a couple more:

"I'm a huge fan of the movies and nothing more"
"I'm into everything and anything to do with Star Wars"

I'm the latter. ;)

Hello Lexxy, you know us mere mortals cant edit our polls :(

can you plz edit just the thrid option to say:
"Star Wars great ! I LOVE the movies, and Star Wars gaming, that's about it

Thanks

MTFBWYA
 DarkLord60
02-23-2004, 7:07 PM
I love star wars I don't dress up though or act scenes out though.
 jebbers
02-23-2004, 8:12 PM
im such a nerd im only 17 and i know like all the creatures and characters and like everything.....i like the ROTJ movie cuz luke went to black clothing and had a green saber....as for EU i just dunt know that much about it....my older bro has a tat on his left shoulder much like boba fett's left shoulder
CLICKY!! (http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_qNIavdIMGevGFdjL4mHdhgsZYCHO7Jk6k0DpMahzWfYZ2sOa5pbbVg==) if you click around to his next ones you can see a trilogy poster behind him....hes just like me a nerd but only older........... :fett:
 Joe©
02-23-2004, 8:16 PM
I liked the OT but not the latest three, I also liked Zhans books but not much other than that.
 Thrackan Solo
02-23-2004, 9:04 PM
IM A GEEK, I love everything Star Wars, I cant go a month without reading EU, but some of the newer ones are crappy, like when Chewbacca died it was pretty much a turn in the road for me.:(
 Darth Rythe
02-23-2004, 11:56 PM
I think it's great, but I don't go to premiers or anything.
I got collectables but that's it.
 the_raven_03
02-24-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by The Chimaera
I liked the OT but not the latest three, I also liked Zhans books but not much other than that.

Zahn is awesome and I know ET is a fan of his as well. I need to read some more of his books though.
 Jedi Luke
02-24-2004, 12:11 AM
I've loved Star Wars ever since I was a kid. I've never dressed up to premieres as characters but I went to a dress up party once as Luke Skywalker (Lightsaber and all). I used to collect all the action figures, ships and crafts for the action figures micro machines, models etc. But now that I'm older, responsibility takes over and there are other things in life. That's not to say I don't like it anymore. More like not as fanatical as I used to be.
 XERXES
02-24-2004, 1:37 AM
dunno what EU stands for.

Been a fan of the original movies all my life. I read the novels (the real ones) and used to collect action figures. Also have Dark Forces and Jedi Outcast, played a few other SW theme games.
 Neverhoodian
02-24-2004, 2:27 AM
EU= Expanded Universe (not European Union!:p )
 txa1265
02-24-2004, 6:37 AM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
EU= Expanded Universe ... sometimes, but other times it is just 'ewww...') (as in yuck!)

;)

Mike
 ExcelsioN
02-24-2004, 6:42 AM
EU= Expanded Universe (not European Union!:p )

Yeah...we you all go round reading about the European Union.

I'm waiting for the 'What is the extent of your Star Trek geekiness?' thread. Imagine what might come up.
 Sivy
02-24-2004, 8:01 AM
i love the films, OT & PT equally. i like most of the star wars games and some of the EU is alright.
i have the darth vader & obi-wan unleashed figures sitting on top of my computer and i do own a lightsaber which lights up and make noises. but i don't dress up or go to conventions.

i guess i would class myself as a medium star wars geek :D
 Crow_Nest
02-24-2004, 8:45 AM
YEah i like Star Wars, my friend's friend and i are both very big SW fans :)
 TiE23
02-24-2004, 3:15 PM
OMG.... It just hit me, you guys are all StarWars geeks! :doh:
I just thought of you as game fans :p
Well yeah, StarWars is cool, but Im not really a movie fan

TiE
 Black Knight of Keno
02-24-2004, 4:03 PM
Movies rule :p EU hasn't came here yet, so can't say anything about it :p
 ExcelsioN
02-24-2004, 4:23 PM
Originally posted by Tie 23
OMG.... It just hit me, you guys are all StarWars geeks! :doh:
I just thought of you as game fans :p

Don't worry, that struck me as well when I was readin' some of the posts. :eek:
 DarkLord60
02-24-2004, 5:05 PM
All my friends think I am a geek for liking starwars but im still loved! lol
 Darth Slayne
02-25-2004, 1:42 PM
Actually, that symbol sounds a heck of a lot like a symbol used for a Brotherhood of Nod loading screen in C&C: Tiberian Sun. It has daggers instead of curved swords, though.

I think I know the one you're refering to. Close, but no cigar. Besides, I've had that bit of symbolism assosiated with me for the last 15 years.
 Prime
02-25-2004, 2:10 PM
I love the movies, most of the games, some of the books and some of the comics. I don't dress up in and I mock those who do :)

As for the EU, I like some of it.

The NJO can go to hell.
 txa1265
02-25-2004, 4:56 PM
Originally posted by Prime
I love the movies, most of the games, some of the books and some of the comics. I don't dress up in and I mock those who do :)

As for the EU, I like some of it.

The NJO can go to hell. The times I thought people dressing up was cool were:
- At Star Wars weekends at Disney - sure, most were paid actors, but there were also enough geeks sweating to death in costume out there to make it even more of a fun environment.
- At the IMax Theatre premier of AotC. We went when they were to be there, and the lobby was just full ... made a very fun environment - made it more of an event.

The NJO 'can' go? I thought that *was* its' address? ;)

It is amazing that the NJO - moreso than 'Greedo Shot First' or 'Jar Jar' or anything else - is *the* most divisive thing in the Star Wars universe.

Mike
 Azrael
02-25-2004, 6:04 PM
lol, I like that last one. Especially since no one selected it yet.
 dark jedi 8
02-25-2004, 8:18 PM
any and everything to do with star wars!
movies
books-(not anything in NJO though)
games
toys
conventions
costumes- currently looking for a set of stormtrooper armor.:cool: :trooper:
when i get older i want a tatoo of boba fett's signature emblem.
 Prime
02-26-2004, 4:27 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
It is amazing that the NJO - moreso than 'Greedo Shot First' or 'Jar Jar' or anything else - is *the* most divisive thing in the Star Wars universe. I'm not sure about that, since the majority of Star Wars casual fans don't even know what the NJO is. Everyone knows about Jar Jar :)
 txa1265
02-26-2004, 4:56 PM
Originally posted by Prime
I'm not sure about that, since the majority of Star Wars casual fans don't even know what the NJO is. Everyone knows about Jar Jar :) I would bet that most casual watches of the SW Trilogy SE never caught the Greedo thing, either.

But among fans - and vocal types like we have here - adding those threee letters to any thread are a sure course for derailment ... and a rabid and rapid derailment at that.

Mike
 Astrotoy7
02-26-2004, 6:47 PM
Originally posted by txa1265
I would bet that most casual watches of the SW Trilogy SE never caught the Greedo thing, either.

But among fans - and vocal types like we have here - adding those threee letters to any thread are a sure course for derailment ... and a rabid and rapid derailment at that.

Mike

* * * quick diversion of topic ***

Poor NJO, I really dont understand peoples severedislike of it.. ppl go on and on about Thrawn and Zahn and all the 'older EU' I have just re-read the Thrawn trilogy in preparation for the new Zahn novel and really found it dated..... and Zahns writing style isnt a shade on Matt Stovers, or James Luceno for that matter....

of course all of you who have never ventured into the NJO will miss out on reading arguably the greatest EU novel ever, "Traitor" by Matt Stover, which essentially has 2 characters in it the whole way.....

However I dont want this pretty thread to turn into a NJO brawl, that belongs in the EU forum

* * * back to topic * * *

I'm just happy we're getting an Ep3 to begin with...so Im trying to be open minded and spoiler free for ep3..... dont think i'll dress up at the premiere though...maybe just my ANH t-shirt... :)

MTFBWYA
 ET Warrior
02-26-2004, 8:36 PM
Originally posted by the_raven_03
Zahn is awesome and I know ET is a fan of his as well. I need to read some more of his books though.

BIG fan. I love every book I've ever read of Zhans, and I've read a fair number of em...

SUGGESTED BOOKS!

The Icarus Hunt
Cobra Trilogy
Conquerors Trilogy
Heir to the Empire Trilogy.

I've read more, but I can't remember anymore names...

And by the by, I love star wars! WOOOO! STAR WARS!!!!
 Master_Keralys
02-26-2004, 9:00 PM
Nerd, through and through. As bad as, say, Jim Luceno himself? No. Close? Yes... and I've only been reading the books for about 7 years, but I had all the published ones except for the Bounty Hunter and The Black Fleet Crisis done within the first three years... since then it's been "wait until the next one comes out..."

Astro! Give these a little more time on the polls! I go away for a few days, come back, and find a closed poll that didn't even exist before!

I haven't gotten into the comics much, though I'd like to (just don't have time, what with my classes - it was work to read through TUF again after Christmas break ended).

NJO - my personal fav. Let's go get a brawl started in the EU section; everyone's invited! Between Traitor and The Unifying Force - not to mention the rest of the series - it's awesome!

Games? Oh yeah. I haven't played KOTOR (my PC won't run it. as Astro already knows) or Rebel Strike, and I never got XWA though I wanted it. Other than that, I've played every modern console and/or PC game at least somewhat.
Page: 1 of 1