Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem with lighting patches

Page: 1 of 1
 DSettahr
02-22-2004, 9:56 AM
http://www.rit.edu/~bjj4494/citadel/shot0001.jpg)

Notice how the lighting where the platforms curve is funky? Well the curved parts are made up of three patches, one of the the inner darker part, one for the middle lighter part, and one for the outer darker part. I'm at a loss as too how to fix this, I tried func grouping them and adjusting the _lightmapscale key, to no avail. If I have to, I can just construct them out of detail brushes, they werent so detailed that it should cause too much of a problem. Any suggestions on how to fix the lighting and continue using patches though?
 GothiX
02-22-2004, 9:58 AM
I'd suggest remaking the brush surfaces out of patches, and merging them with the patch on the corner.
 DSettahr
02-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Tried it, it still looks kinda funky where the dark exterior and light interior patches meet though...
 Torchy
02-22-2004, 11:01 AM
you could try adding -patchmeta along with -meta when compiling
 Jedi Luke
02-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by GothiX
I'd suggest remaking the brush surfaces out of patches, and merging them with the patch on the corner.

Yep. Re-do the brush faces by patching them. This way the texture application along the face of those corner brushes will be constant with the other textures along the walkway, thus eliminating the lighting issues.
 DSettahr
02-23-2004, 9:24 AM
I followed GothicX's suggestion and it worked. Top curve is the one made following his suggestion, bottom curve is the original design.

http://www.rit.edu/~bjj4494/citadel/fixed.jpg)
 GothiX
02-23-2004, 9:29 AM
Coolies. :)
Page: 1 of 1