Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Quick! avi to vcd

Page: 1 of 1
 Alegis
02-21-2004, 5:33 PM
Does anyone know of a good avi to vcd (mpg) encoders? I need it quick and i tried hundreds already, and some of them only copy music and not the video (which is in DIV3 codec)
 IG-64
02-21-2004, 5:53 PM
are you encoding from mpg to avi or avi to mpg?
 Alegis
02-21-2004, 5:54 PM
avi to mpg
 •-BLaCKouT-•
02-21-2004, 5:57 PM
I use this one (http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html).

The trial version is free to download and will convert stuff to VCD's indefinitely. You also get 30 days trial with the MPEG2 Encoder (SVCD, DVD)

EDIT: Although you'll need something like Nero to actually burn the files. TMPGEnc just pre-converts them to the correct format. The Nero auto-encode can be rubbish sometimes.

:) B.
 Astrotoy7
02-21-2004, 11:59 PM
For the definitive conversion program use TMPGEnc,("The Mpeg Encoder") stupid name, great program..... you can convert pretty much anything to mpeg with that...

to burn to a vcd, the easiest program to use is vcdeasy !

for everything you wanted to know about conversions, links to freeware/shareware downloads and burning, guides etc go to this excellent site....

dvdr help.com site (http://www.dvdrhelp.com)

also, most xp systems now come with "Windows Movie Maker', that'll do a 'rough guts' avi/mpg conversion for you too

MTFBWYA
 Anthony
02-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Actaully, speaking of which, anyone know of a

.(movie file) to Mpeg? say, wmv, avi, etc.

been looking for one for a while now... (to convert stuff for pocket pc playback)
 Astrotoy7
02-22-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Egg Destroyer
Actaully, speaking of which, anyone know of a

.(movie file) to Mpeg? say, wmv, avi, etc.

been looking for one for a while now... (to convert stuff for pocket pc playback)

Mr Egg, please try the program mentioned(by Blackout and me) above, its sole purpose is to convert things to mpeg, including those filetypes you mentioned, even quicktime movies !

It's so good, it could convert a catholic to mpeg ! :p

MTFBWYA
 RoxStar
02-22-2004, 2:41 PM
I use Pinnacle Studio.
 Ziechel
02-22-2004, 2:55 PM
Pinnacle Studio, Pinnacle Trex and Nero (there you can change before burning the cd)

I use Trex because it is very good and the compression is fast
Page: 1 of 1