Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Final Fantasy concert coming...

Page: 1 of 1
 jokemaster
02-19-2004, 10:45 AM
To L.A.

*mails himself to L.A.*

Linky (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/492/492976p1.html)
 Astrotoy7
02-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Yay ! A Final Fantasy related thread ! Im just playing FFx-2 now ! It came out here just last monday !!! Great stuff !

Yeah, I love the FF soundtracks, I often extract the tracks straight of the game discs....

MTFBWYA
 [RAA]-=Chi3f=-
02-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Interesting....

I have to admit that I do like most if not all of the music from the FF games. FF7 is what got me hooked in the first place and I can still remember the score to that.

Anyway if I were in the area I'd go check it out. :D
 Neverhoodian
02-19-2004, 1:26 PM
I think it's great that video game soundtracks are now being played for concerts. I got a Super Smash Bros. Melee concert CD about one year ago from Nintendo Power magazine. It was great to hear all the classic Nintendo tunes fully orchestrated.

I think video game concerts are the best way to get the young interested in classical music. Forget Peter and the Wolf, kids nowadays want something a little more modern.

Of course, it's always great for us gamers as well.:p
 jokemaster
02-19-2004, 1:31 PM
^I agree. The SSBM soundtrack was how I got my cousin interested in some classical. Video Game and Movie soundtracks seem to be the best ways to get young people interested in classical.
 DarkLord60
02-19-2004, 2:06 PM
Ive never seen whats so great abou FF but I guess it could be interesting.
 ExcelsioN
02-19-2004, 4:36 PM
Heh.....heh.....

Final Fantasy just doesn't interest me, with the exception of FFX-2. When I heard the word 'concert', I kind of imagined all the FF characters signing and dancing....:rolleyes: .
 Astrotoy7
02-19-2004, 9:42 PM
Originally posted by ExcelsioN
Heh.....heh.....

Final Fantasy just doesn't interest me, with the exception of FFX-2. When I heard the word 'concert', I kind of imagined all the FF characters signing and dancing....:rolleyes: .

thats interesting...you like FFx-2, what about FFX - you cant have one without the other !! Also FF9 is amazing for a Ps1 game, and FF7 is just fun !

MTFBWYA
 topshot
02-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Sounds interesting. Too bad I don't even live in L.A. I feel so jealous, it makes me want to go out and buy some game tunes.

*Dashes off to find some sweet tunes for Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem.*
 Mike Windu
02-19-2004, 11:32 PM
that's so awesome... I wish I lived in L.A. I enjoy Final Fantasy's musical scores, especially One Winged Angel from FF7 and Kingdom Hearts... come to think of it Kingdom Hearts has a good musical composition also.

Is teh concert coming anywhere else in the U.S?:confused:
 Darth-Bane
02-19-2004, 11:35 PM
awesome. i wish i lived in LA just so i could go to dat :D
 Rad Blackrose
02-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Meh... Final Fantasy soundtracks.

Yasunori Mitsuda, on the other hand... :)
 Captain Wilson
02-20-2004, 4:31 PM
Whoo!

shame im not in usa for that small stint :D
Page: 1 of 1