Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Starting with certain weapons?

Page: 1 of 1
 Darksaber_SMC
02-17-2004, 7:43 PM
Hey guys me again :P

Is there any way you could make a map where you only start with certain weapons? or if you could replace saber with melee fists, etc

How can this be done?:confused:

--Darksaber :atat:
 vash_a_2004
02-17-2004, 8:31 PM
Argh!It is done with scripting but my behaved paths are messed up so I really don't know if it works.Well here goes nothin open up behaved deleate the rem command, then drag the affect command from the event list and drop it into the script flow.When you are done double click on the affect command and another window should appear to left side of the box it says affect and there should be a box next to it.Delete what is in the box and type info_player_start this way the script will only affect you.
Next click and drag the set_weapon command or something and select the weapon you want to start out with and thats all there is to it.Click complie and save the script.Then just load it in your level and your done!:cool:

I think.:)
 shukrallah
02-17-2004, 8:34 PM
yeah, make a script like this:

//(BHVD)
rem ( "sets weapons" );

affect ( "player", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", /*@WEAPON_NAMES*/ "WP_NONE" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", /*@WEAPON_NAMES*/ "WP_SABER" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", /*@WEAPON_NAMES*/ "WP_DISRUPTOR" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", /*@WEAPON_NAMES*/ "WP_CONCUSSION" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", /*@WEAPON_NAMES*/ "WP_MELEE" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", /*@WEAPON_NAMES*/ "WP_DET_PACK" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", /*@WEAPON_NAMES*/ "WP_BLASTER" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", /*@WEAPON_NAMES*/ "WP_REPEATER" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", /*@WEAPON_NAMES*/ "WP_ROCKET_LAUNCHER" );
}

just set the weapons you want the player to have. just make sure you start it with set weapon none, because it clears the weapons the player might already have when the level starts, then it gives the player all the weapons you tell it to.
 Darksaber_SMC
02-18-2004, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the speedy respone guys :D

Where can I get this behaved (lol sorry bout this but im new to scripting)

Oh ya, and Im making an MP level... can it still be done? :confused:

Appriciate your help guys, :D

Darksaber_SMC
02-18-2004, 6:42 PM
hmm, i remember there was a program called BehaveED in JKRadiant, for JO... Can I use the one, or is there a newer one out.

I don't see one in my JKA folder :(
 shukrallah
02-18-2004, 10:14 PM
I think it comes with the newest GTK 1.4.0 i think......................

It also comes with the MP SDK. Im not sure what scripts work in MP and what dont. Not a whole lot works though. I tried setting an NPCs weapons in MP, but it didnt work :( Im not sure if it was my script or just multiplayer itself. But i think it would be cool to make a guns only MP map, or something :D
 vash_a_2004
02-18-2004, 11:39 PM
The only porgram i no of for scripting is behaved.If you dont have it here is a link i found to only download behaved http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/gc101lsn2.html)
.I don't know for sure but i think it is still possible to start of with whatever weapon in mp.In ffa you start of with a lightsaber so why not a repeater or somehting?Anyway best of luck.:cheers:
 shukrallah
02-19-2004, 1:26 AM
Vash, that version is outdated ;) That was for JK2. It will work with JA, but you wont have access to the cool new commands, and stuff.

Get the new one right here (http://pcgamemods.com/3195/)
 vash_a_2004
02-19-2004, 2:04 AM
I knew it! I knew there had to be some new stuff!Sssssswwwweeeeetttt!!!!!Thanks luke.:cheers:.Sorry for the bad post Darksaber.:p
 Darksaber_SMC
02-19-2004, 9:50 AM
wow!!! Thanks guys :D :D :D :D

Im downloading the new tools as we speak, and I was using version 1.3.13 of GtkRadiant... doh!

I'll download the newer one tonight :D

Thanx again guys, your the best ;) :D :P

Darksaber_SMC
02-20-2004, 10:56 AM
Hey guys, got an embarasing question :rolleyes:

I've made the script using behavED, and im now using GtkRadiant 1.4 :D lol

Just 1 thing... How do I use this script I've made ingame? Does it have something to do with that target_scriptrunner i keep seeing?

This is my script

//Generated by BehavEd

affect ( "info_player_start", FLUSH )
{
set ( "SET_WEAPON", "WP_NONE" );
set ( "SET_WEAPON", "WP_DISRUPTOR" );
set ( "SET_WEAPON", "WP_MELEE" );
set ( "SET_WEAPON", "WP_BLASTER" );
}

Please help guys! :eek:

--Darksaber
 Darksaber_SMC
02-20-2004, 12:07 PM
umm i had a go, and I made a target_scriptrunner infront of my info_player_start .

I did the following

Key: class
Value: -1

Key: usescript
Value: testing/weapons_test

(i made a folder in my scripts folder called testing, and the script name was weapons_test)

I save and compile my map, but when i enter, no change! Any ideas?

(p.s sorry for 3 posts in a row, and being a pain :p)
 GothiX
02-20-2004, 12:23 PM
Delete that scriptrunner, and select your info_player_start. Enter the following key and value:

Key: spawnscript
Value: testing/weapons_test
 Darksaber_SMC
02-20-2004, 2:22 PM
ah I see... I shouldnt be messing with target_scriptrunner :P

well, I tried it... and failed :(

Here is what i've done, basically... please tell me if u see any errors! Thanx! :)

Ok here goes:

Im making an MP level as you know, and I'd like the players to start off with no lightsaber, but with a melee fists and a disruptor rifle as well. I now know this is done with scripting, so I followed the instructions and made a script called "beta".
This is it:

//Generated by BehavEd

rem ( "sets weapons" );

affect ( "info_player_start", FLUSH )
{
set ( "SET_WEAPON", "WP_NONE" );
set ( "SET_WEAPON", "WP_DISRUPTOR" );
set ( "SET_WEAPON", "WP_MELEE" );
set ( "SET_WEAPON", "WP_BLASTER" );
}

It looks ok to me but I'm new :P

I then save and compile it, and put it in a folder called "Testing" I made in my Scripts folder. I now go into GtkRadiant select my info_player_start and add the following:

Key: spawnscript
Class: testing/beta

I save the map compile it then go to try it out. I still have my lightsaber and I have none of the weapons I wanted :(

I dont know whats wrong, but I bet it's the script! This is my first one, and I would appriciate any help :D

Thank you!
 WadeV1589
02-20-2004, 2:45 PM
As I said in the PM, I don't think JAMP was designed for this type of behaviour. I couldn't get it to remove weapons...but I could get it to give them a blaster without being able to re-select their saber!
 Darksaber_SMC
02-20-2004, 2:55 PM
oh darn :((((((((

well that sucks, i guess i'll just have to put my weapons in a corner somewhere where i can put them up lol

damn

Thanks for all your help guys :D At least I've learned lots of new things :D

You all rock :D especially you Wade :D

Thanks!

Ockniel
02-21-2004, 5:59 AM
well, you could do that, or you could just spawn all the weapons and ammo you want inside the info_player_start, it would just make a weird sound when you start up.

If your in SP then It would make it perfect because Im pretty sure they dont respawn there, but If you in MP, I dont know, there may be a way to make them not respawn.
 WadeV1589
02-21-2004, 10:45 AM
In SP you can use this script anyway, it's easy to define which weapons the player starts with in an SP map, it's in MP you can't do it so easily.
 Darksaber_SMC
02-21-2004, 11:37 AM
yea, if i was in SP, id use the script...

hmm if i put the weapons inside the info_player_start, then you'd spawn and collect them, great! exept after a while on the map, the weapons would respawn again. looking very odd :P If i were to somehow make them not respawn, then when the player spawns, he gets no weapons :(

I remember with the map maker for Mysteries of the Sith and Dark Forces II, you could really easily say what weapons u wanted just by cheking a box!!

Maybe this would be a really cool improvement on radiant in the future ;)

Page: 1 of 1