Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

the graphics4 S&M 2 are awesome

Page: 1 of 1
 samandmaxfiend
02-16-2004, 9:43 AM
i checked out the hyper mag..and that dodgy scan dont do the pictures justice.. they look great and real clean... real cartoon feel 2 it.. and u just get a sense of the old game but updated which is great.. and its sams hand over the answering machine as an icon..so they might even use that same system..to use and point and talk... so the sense i get is that it really is a true follow up to hit the road..they havent sold out 2 the latest fads or games or whateva..and are just making classic sam & max.. i hope its a huge hit and they make a Sam & Max 3 (without waiting 10 years) and uhh bring on freelance police!!!:D
 manny_c444
02-16-2004, 4:14 PM
Even better than a quick sequel would be more episodes released over the internet to people who own the game. It would be awesome if evry two months or so they would release a new adventure....

Realistically though, I'm not sure thats actually going to happen, even though its been hinted at (sort of) in interviews and the like.
 Skinkie
02-16-2004, 8:56 PM
If it sells big it might be a possibility, otherwise, I'd say no.
 toenail1
02-18-2004, 1:04 AM
in the PCG interview they said that they were going to (most likely) have new adventures for download (for S@M2, not S@M1, im not sure which one you were talking about)
 manny_c444
02-18-2004, 1:27 AM
Yeah, alot of developers are saying it, but very few of them ever deliver. The entire downloadable content part of Uru (the Myst game) was completely scrapped, and that series has some clot.

Although, Sam and MAx 2 will probably sell better, and be a better game overall.
 Jake
02-18-2004, 3:47 AM
LucasArts released online add-on content for Secret Weapons Over Normandy and Armed and Dangerous, so there's a chance we'll see stuff for Sam & Max, though I think its unlikely.

I'd love to see some stuff come out, though, even if its not a new case. A few additional mini-games for instance would be pretty cool, or other small humorous jokey addons you could install and patch into the game somehow.
 toenail1
02-18-2004, 1:48 PM
if they DO release downloadable content, im afraid it will be rushed out the door and won't be as good as the boxed game, although that really doesnt sound like anything lucasarts would do
 Skinkie
02-18-2004, 8:58 PM
The real problem with addition cases, would be download size.
 JBlink
02-18-2004, 10:08 PM
They killed the online Uru project? I followed it for months and then I stop going to find out it was canceled. That makes me more than slightly angry.

I could see online bonuses in our future, but not a whole new case. Its too hard to make a profit with an idea like that.
 manny_c444
02-18-2004, 10:46 PM
Yeah thats another big part of it. Releasing stuff on-line doesn't bring in new revenue its just wasting the companies money. So the online released stuff will probably be some odds and ends if anything.

But maybe Lucas Arts will prove me wrong, only time will tell.

EDIT: Oh BTW, when did they release Armed and Dangerous content?
 Skinkie
02-19-2004, 1:39 AM
It was a couple weeks ago, it was mentioned on Mojo.
 Jake
02-19-2004, 5:39 AM
I think it was for XBox only, the info about the content update is here (http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/news/showfile.php?id=1474&category=consolenews).

Armed & Dangerous apparently sold pretty poorly (probably because LucasArts tried to push the game out right at Christmas time, forcing A&D to compete with all of the huge A-list holiday titles, instead of being able to stand out on its own in a month like February, but thats another story), so don't expect many more updates, if any, for that game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed out a lot of bonus content for the upcoming "Republic Commando" game, though. It seems to go hand in hand with its use of the Unreal engine (the Unreal Tournament games for instance are notorious for tons of after-the-fact bonus content - famous to the point that its really a sales point for the game), but maybe that's just my imagination.
 manny_c444
02-20-2004, 1:20 AM
Oh, I have the PC version. So no bonus for me...but I did convince my XBOX owning friend to buy a copy. What a fantastic game, I actually wasn't going to get it until I read the beaming mixnmojo review. It was worth it though.
Page: 1 of 1