Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Difference Between Small, Medium, and Large Appearances?

Page: 1 of 1
 Shimaon
02-15-2004, 6:04 PM
Like the title says, whats the difference? Why do you need all 3 for a PC?
 Kitty Kitty
02-15-2004, 6:31 PM
You don't. At least, not all at once.. You DO need all 3 if say you're doing a reskin that adds a "new" head (like the one I did) and you want it to work as all three 'starting classes'. Technically, you could still just make one skin file and then tell it where to find that in the 2da's, but if you do, the "underwear" would look the same no matter what class you choose, but it'd work just fine.

I forget offhand which is which right now (I'd have to look back at the files and stuff to see), but one is soldier, one is scout, and one is scoundrel.

The reason they're Small, Medium, Large is probably a leftover from NWN, since they actually had those (among a few other) distinctions for their models.

I've heard people mention that there's actually some size difference between the models for say a soldier and scout or the like, but to be honest, I never really noticed it.. Though I wasn't exactly looking for it either. ;)

-Kitty
 Closter
02-15-2004, 7:39 PM
Yes they are soldier is taller than the soundrel at least in my case .
 T7nowhere
02-16-2004, 1:57 AM
Scoundral=small, Scout=medium, Soldier=Large

on another note I never understood why Bioware made the scoudral the short one or Why A scoudral would be wearing a uniform. IT seems to me that the scout and scoudral should have there models switched.

Anyone wanna atempt that :cool:
 Drakron
02-16-2004, 7:09 PM
Well I could do that in the apperance.2da but it would be far easier if I could just point the scout class to use the S size and the Scoundrel to use the M size.
Page: 1 of 1