Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rank Structure. . .

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth MarcII
02-15-2004, 1:41 PM
How do you think rank will be determined?

Will officers be NPC's or will players with the highest stats, let's say on MP, which is where this game is obviously focused, be offered promotions. Or do you think rank will be non existent, like in BF1942?
 Dr.Davidson
02-29-2004, 11:07 AM
ranks? did i miss anything? i thought officer (f.e. imperial officer) would be a choosable class and not a rank... o.O
or is battlefront going to have sort of a ranking system like "who killed most", "who is most online" etc? then how will this work? all servers send their results to one main server?
 Hermie
02-29-2004, 2:07 PM
oh! I know this!

each team picks one "officer" which , when they have won, picks the next planet/map to go to.
if no one is chosen then its the highest scoring player which decides.
 Wai_TungLeung
02-29-2004, 4:08 PM
You're more or less right. What we know is there is probably going to be an Officer class in the game for the imperials who can heal troops and spot spies, so there will be a similar character for all the other sides.

Players are able to nominate a person to be the commander for their side, who as said chooses the map or is done by player with highest score.
 Hermie
02-29-2004, 4:54 PM
thats just what I said! "planet picker" can be anyone, no matter what class he/she is.
 eastcoast2895
03-01-2004, 2:40 AM
does the commander have any other responsibilities because i think it be nice to have someone that coordinates the attacks in multiple objective type situations. the person could rank to objectives of primary concern and direct troops and specialty units to do certain tasks.
 Dr.Davidson
03-01-2004, 11:04 AM
agree. id also like to have this as sort of a class "coordinator"... like leia coordinating attack on DS1...
 Kallel Rahl
03-01-2004, 1:54 PM
I had an idea about the coordinator part. course is more of a fantasy idea than them actually implementing it in game. imagine each army having a general. that general sees a totally different screen the the rest of us. what he sees is what would actually be seen in a strategic battle game. a large map with locations of forces and who they are battling. if battlefront had units and unit leaders it would be simple to send orders to the unit leaders to coordinate attacks.

i thought this would be great, but i was also half asleep when i thought of the idea.
 Wai_TungLeung
03-01-2004, 9:37 PM
It would add a nice dimension to the game, as long as the team doesn't pick some crazy idiot who only give out orders and keep moaning about how rubbish you are without giving advice.
 Thrawn
03-01-2004, 11:58 PM
I forget the name of the game that has this format, combining an FPS with RTS.

I don't think the game sold very well, but not because of poor gameplay, although there are some issues with that as well. It did poorly more because of a lack of a huge developer and publisher behind it.
 darthfergie
03-02-2004, 1:03 AM
Savage...
It has one commander and many underlings who are basically hero type units to the commander, but are players in FPS mode on the battlefield.
Page: 1 of 1