Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Call of Duty

Page: 1 of 1
 Crow_Nest
02-15-2004, 11:36 AM
CoD has been a soild game so far, its one of the best games i've ever played http://crownest.poonpipi.com/images/rock.gif)

But sometimes i get some error message when i try to load a game in SP when i use a new mod or skin, like it failed to load that saved game.

There is a patch, but its for MP only, can someone help me?
 ExcelsioN
02-15-2004, 11:38 AM
You can't load up old save-games with a different mod. It's the same as Jedi Academy. Believe it or not, they use the same engine.
 Crow_Nest
02-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by ExcelsioN
It's the same as Jedi Academy. Believe it or not, they use the same engine.

Dont think so, i load up a save game in jedi academy and jedi outcast (they both use the same engine right?) I could load the saved game with no problems and that mod/skin works fine.
 ExcelsioN
02-15-2004, 11:44 AM
JA and CoD both use the Q3 engine. So they should theoretically be the same. Which mod are you trying to use?

EDIT: You could always try typing 'spdevmap x' (x is the map e.g. stalingrad) into the console. It works without enabling the cheats.
 Crow_Nest
02-15-2004, 11:47 AM
Yes i also tried the spdevmap, still the same thing.
 MennoniteHobbit
02-15-2004, 5:19 PM
Yep, I played Call of Duty at my friends house... pretty awesome game... wish I could get it... to frickin expensive for my league...
 Astrotoy7
02-15-2004, 6:45 PM
I hired Elder Scrolls 3 from the local Blockbuster recently, they *accidentally* put CoD into the cases as well...wouldya believe !

.....I couldnt....... stop...... myself.... from..... ripping.... it......[/occasionally racked with guilt]

but I have never gotten around to playing it..... not my scene pretending I'm a big strong army man.....

I'd rather pansy around in an unrealistic fantasy world like "Final Fantasy" :p ...or strut around in snazzy armour defeating demonic forces of evil as a paladin/ranger/sorceror in Neverwinter Nights.... :D

MTFBWYA
 DarkLord60
02-15-2004, 6:48 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
I hired Elder Scrolls 3 from the local Blockbuster recently, they *accidentally* put CoD into the cases as well...wouldya believe !

.....I couldnt....... stop...... myself from ripping it......

but I have never gotten around to playing it..... not my scene, being a miltary wannabe. I'd rather pansy around in an unrealistic fantasy world like "Final Fantasy" :p ...or strut around defeating demonic forces of evil as a paladin/ramger/sorceror in Neverwinter Nights.... :D

MTFBWYA
Bad no! O well its their fault.
 Crow_Nest
02-16-2004, 8:50 AM
Originally posted by MennoniteHobbit
Yep, I played Call of Duty at my friends house... pretty awesome game... wish I could get it... to frickin expensive for my league...

Yeah its really too expensive, because they know that its the best game right now and purposely didnt lower the price or give a discount to make you pay for it.

Got it for about $59.90. :eek:
 Darth Groovy
02-16-2004, 6:26 PM
It's my favorite game at the moment. I have not tried to load any mods yet, and I have not had any problems so far.
 MennoniteHobbit
02-16-2004, 6:31 PM
Well, my friend got it for 20-25 bucks (I honestly can't remember) off of eBay... so that may be the place to look... apparently...

YEA! I'll only wait like 3 years b4 I can buy Call of Duty! Whoopie! :rolleyes:
 Darth Groovy
02-16-2004, 7:55 PM
I got mine at Sam's Club for $34.99, if you have one of those near you. :)

That game is soooooo worth it's cost.
 Phizzle
02-16-2004, 8:19 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
I got mine at Sam's Club for $34.99, if you have one of those near you. :)

That game is soooooo worth it's cost.

What server do you play on?
 Darth Groovy
02-16-2004, 8:31 PM
Depends on what time of day it is. During the early evening hours I play on -=LMAO=- server, and if it is late at night to early morning, I play on a server called Kelly's Heroes. I mostly play allies on Team Deathmatch. :)
 Crow_Nest
02-18-2004, 7:23 AM
Well i only play in asian servers, like japan, korea and singapore. As i get lower pings there.
 Darth Groovy
02-18-2004, 6:10 PM
You and Phizzle should shoot me a PM, let's see what times you guys play, and match up sometime.
 ExcelsioN
02-18-2004, 6:18 PM
I tend to play on UK servers - so I can have a good, low ping game. I can go up to about pings of 200 before I get any lag.

I picked up CoD for Ј29.99, which is pretty good considering most pc games are Ј35.99 in the UK.
 TheHobGoblin
02-19-2004, 11:06 PM
I wanna get it yet Gotta save the cash...

Enemy Territory isn't bad either
 Astrotoy7
02-20-2004, 12:12 PM
POST HEAVILY EDITED

MTFBWYA
 TheHobGoblin
02-20-2004, 7:13 PM
I might
 Phizzle
02-20-2004, 7:54 PM
Hmm...so you got an extra 3rd disc ?:p
 Datheus
02-20-2004, 8:06 PM
Originally posted by matt-windu
4. The posting of links to sites that contain illegal material and the discussion of where to obtain illegal material (ie where to get illegal MP3s, warez, etc.) is prohibited. We reserve the right to edit/delete any thread/post that breaks this rule at our sole discretion.
Bold is his.

*cough*
 TheHobGoblin
02-20-2004, 8:08 PM
Runs away and hide behind box
 Astrotoy7
02-21-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Phizzle
Hmm...so you got an extra 3rd disc ?:p

this is the version that is released in australia, im pretty sure it has 3 discs.....cant even remember its been awhile since that happenned

MTFBWYA
 Darth Groovy
02-21-2004, 1:36 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7

seriously, anyone want it......

MTFBWYA

You want a ban ? Seriously, I am having a special sale on bans today.

Don't be posting stuff like this again. Refer to the rules (http://66.90.64.18/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64362) for details.
 Crow_Nest
02-21-2004, 4:39 AM
Hey what is the IP to the servers you play guys?

Don't be posting stuff like this again. Refer to the rules (http://66.90.64.18/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64362) for details.

Holy crap! Hes gotta bangun! *Runs away and hides*

Btw, astro, pls dont post stuff like that and get my thread closed, same goes for all of you. ;)
 TheHobGoblin
02-21-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Hey what is the IP to the servers you play guys?

Holy crap! Hes gotta bangun! *Runs away and hides*

Btw, astro, pls dont post stuff like that and get my thread closed, same goes for all of you. ;)
*Kicks Crow out of hiding spot* Get out this is mine!

Groovy how much are those bans going for now?:D

I'll just buy the American version, I saw it at Software Inc. at Cross County for like 30 or 25 bucks... I played a bit of the demo, it looked like alot of fun...
 Crow_Nest
02-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by TheHobGoblin
*Kicks Crow out of hiding spot* Get out this is mine!

Groovy how much are those bans going for now?:D

I'll just buy the American version, I saw it at Software Inc. at Cross County for like 30 or 25 bucks... I played a bit of the demo, it looked like alot of fun...

Yeah thats the SP demo, wait until you play the full MP game! Even better! You need to download the Call of Duty Multiplayer 1.2 (http://www.codfiles.com/file.info?ID=23169) patch to play on most servers.

And i recommend using All Seeing Eye. :cool:
 Astrotoy7
02-21-2004, 11:58 AM

sorry sir, wont happen again sir......

...Groovy, you'd just *love* to ban poor Astro wouldnt you, especially after saying you look like the dude from Mad magazine..... doesnt mean we fear you any less tho'......

MTFBWYA
 TheHobGoblin
02-21-2004, 3:25 PM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
Yeah thats the SP demo, wait until you play the full MP game! Even better! You need to download the Call of Duty Multiplayer 1.2 (http://www.codfiles.com/file.info?ID=23169) patch to play on most servers.

And i recommend using All Seeing Eye. :cool:

Thx, Now I won't have to go through the hassel when I get it, Soon Oh I can't wait, QUESTION: Do they still have the M1-Garand in that?:confused:
I know the Thompson is in their Yet I love the M1-Garand
 Crow_Nest
02-22-2004, 9:33 AM
Originally posted by TheHobGoblin
Thx, Now I won't have to go through the hassel when I get it, Soon Oh I can't wait, QUESTION: Do they still have the M1-Garand in that?:confused:
I know the Thompson is in their Yet I love the M1-Garand

Huh? :confused:

All weapons are included in MP. Depends on which country you're playing as.
 ExcelsioN
02-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Last time I played CoD online, I owned the lot of 'em. :p

Well...sort of.

And I'm totally against pirating games.
 Crow_Nest
02-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Last time I played CoD online, I owned the lot of 'em. :p

Well...sort of.

And I'm totally against pirating games.

also found this cool hiding place for sniping, owned a lot of them :D
 IG-64
02-25-2004, 1:14 PM
I hae installed (finally) the CoD that I got for christmas.

MP is wild. *RUN RUN RUN RUN, die, wait wait wait wait*

:p

SP is really good so far
 ExcelsioN
02-25-2004, 1:25 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
I hae installed (finally) the CoD that I got for christmas.

MP is wild. *RUN RUN RUN RUN, die, wait wait wait wait*

:p

SP is really good so far

Yeah, CoD MP is pretty furious, unless your on Hertgen and everyone sits around with a sniper rifle. I hate the CoD sniper rifle.

It's kinda like UT2K4 (or any of the UT games) which is run as fast as you can in different directions shooting constantly.
 Crow_Nest
02-26-2004, 7:14 AM
Yeah, CoD MP is pretty furious, unless your on Hertgen and everyone sits around with a sniper rifle. I hate the CoD sniper rifle.

I know one secret hiding place in hurgent, great for sniping. Even my teammates cant find me :evil2:
Page: 1 of 1