Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SW Battlefront Demo

Page: 1 of 1
 DJ Adi
02-14-2004, 7:33 PM
I know it's kinda early but since the game is coming out in fall which isn't so far away when do you think will the demo come out?
 Swoosh
02-14-2004, 8:16 PM
not until after e3 (May) at least. But, if past experiences with LEC are worth anything, we won't see a demo until a few weeks before or after the release date. Hopefully that will change though!

swoosh
 Wai_TungLeung
02-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Yeah it probably will be a week of so around the release. One map I guess. Question is which one will it be? I bet Endor.
 Craftsman
02-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Or maybe the code will be leaked then we will have to wait till next year. Hmmm. I really hope that doesnt happen.
 Thrawn
02-15-2004, 4:17 AM
I don't think we have to worry about that. This game isn't as "highly anticipated" as HL2, and LA's security is most likely insane anyway.
 Wai_TungLeung
02-15-2004, 10:55 AM
I would imagin LucasArt has commissioned a Death Star to take out any hacker who dares walks anywhere near the battlefront files. :deathii:
 ExcelsioN
02-15-2004, 1:09 PM
I don't think we should worry about SWBF being hacked. And I'm sure that we won't be seeing a demo until around 2 weeks before the release.
 dark jedi 8
02-15-2004, 1:48 PM
hopefully their'll give us a ton of vids to download by E3, to hold us over.:rolleyes:
 Darth MarcII
02-15-2004, 2:20 PM
I hope they do beta testing like they did on Galaxies. A game that stresses multiplayer like this needs feedback from the players.
 swphreak
02-15-2004, 11:20 PM
I bet they won't release the demo til after the game is released like they did with Jedi Outcast.
 Darth MarcII
02-16-2004, 3:44 AM
They did release a demo of Jedi Academy. Hopefully they will keep up the trend.
 Alegis
02-16-2004, 3:21 PM
Originally posted by Darth MarcII
I hope they do beta testing like they did on Galaxies. A game that stresses multiplayer like this needs feedback from the players.

do you mean open beta? not a chance, thats only for mmorpgs. If you mean normal testers, it's already been tested all the way

I'm sure they'll release a demo prior to release, they need to win some popularity aye
 JawaJoey
02-16-2004, 6:32 PM
Lucasarts likes to make us sweat before they release the demo. The Jedi Academy demo was released a measly two weeks befor ethe final release date. Jedi Outcast demo came out fater the release, there is no KOTOR demo. There might not be any demo at all, but hopefully they will at LEAST give us one of their cheesy flahs sites with some actual information on it befor eht egmae is released.
 ZBomber
02-22-2004, 4:12 PM
I think it will be Multiplayer demo, With the classes Rebel and Imperial, and you'll probably play on Hoth and Endor. I think it will be released around August. :)
 RoxStar
02-25-2004, 12:41 AM
The more I think about it, the less I wanted to find out about this game. I should've been notified in like August because this is really bugging me.

On an unrelated note; is this game going to be like Battlefield 1942? Because if it is I'll just buy that game and play it all summer.
 lukeiamyourdad
02-25-2004, 12:52 AM
Yeah it will look a lot like BF1942. That's what we heard.
 Sounds Risky
02-25-2004, 2:03 AM
Originally posted by RoxStar
On an unrelated note; is this game going to be like Battlefield 1942? Because if it is I'll just buy that game and play it all summer.

Why not buy Battlefield: Vietnam? It comes out in three weeks.
 kc0neo
02-25-2004, 2:08 AM
Originally posted by Sounds Risky
Why not buy Battlefield: Vietnam? It comes out in three weeks.

heck yea just waiting for the 16th of march

a little bit of warmup for battle field
 darthfergie
02-25-2004, 2:50 AM
hmmm...hopefully the demo will be as good as the Battlefield original MP demo...I remember playing that Wake Island map into the ground because I was really skeptical about the game. (as in I was a straight SP guy until BF1942 blew my mind) Now I'm an MP junkie and proud of it. Can't wait till till BF:Vietnam comes out and SW Battlefront...well...if the demo fits, then I'm deffinatly picking it up. It deffinatly looks like it could be very very awesome and no matter how much I like the BF series...I think I need a bit of out of this world spice.
 ExcelsioN
02-25-2004, 7:03 AM
They're gonna have to release a demo at some point, hopefully before release. I mean, the BF demo (which I played for ages) was what made BF such a huge success.
 ninja
03-02-2004, 9:04 PM
dang hopefully this game comes out before may because i'm leaving for bootcamp.
Page: 1 of 1