Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HockeyHockeyHockeyHockey

Page: 1 of 1
 ET Warrior
02-14-2004, 5:50 AM
Well you all had to know it was coming, we're past halfway through the season now and the games are really starting to matter. So here it is. Who do you think is gonna end up facing off in the finals? Who do you WANT to end up in the finals?

Me, I'm hoping we see Avalanche Vs. Ottowa in the finals....and I think there's a pretty good chance that could happen.
 BigTeddyPaul
02-14-2004, 5:18 PM
Poor poor hockey. Stick to the original thread started a year ago. Much more fun. I have been majorly bummed by the way. Osgood was something like 18-6-4 and is now around 20-20-8 or something insane like that. Hurt his ankle and has one game since.

It will be St. Louis vs Ottawa if the Blues actually make the playoffs and if Ottawa doesn't have a D meltdown.

The rest of you should be ashamed for not appreciating the Best Sport Ever! God is Canadian!!!!

BigTeddyPaul
 Rogue Nine
02-14-2004, 6:57 PM
God may be Canadian, but Mrs. God is American, and she wears the pants around Heaven.

:p
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
02-14-2004, 7:19 PM
Originally posted by Rogue Nine
God may be Canadian, but Mrs. God is American, and she wears the pants around Heaven.

:p

that's a good explanation.

Anyways, I'm whatching the AV's (born in CO so I'm a fan) Vs. Red wings and the wings just scored (1-2).

But I would have to agree with ET on this Av's and Ottowa

errrr, w00t! The Av's just scored :)
 ET Warrior
02-14-2004, 8:38 PM
YES! 5-2 over the redwings. YES! YESYESYESYSEYSEYSEYSEYSEYSEYSEYSYESYEEYESYSEYSEYSYESEYES.

WEEEEEEE.

Sorry, I'm crazy happy and i'm going to play some hockey right now. w00t!
 IG-64
02-14-2004, 8:52 PM
I want stars to win... They still exist, right?
 Darth Rythe
02-14-2004, 9:23 PM
Trust Big Teddy to be the first to reply:D
I've never watched a game of hokey in my life, except the movie Mighty Ducks:) but that was when I was little.
 Jedi Luke
02-14-2004, 9:25 PM
Originally posted by Darth Rythe
I've never watched a game of hokey in my life, except the movie Mighty Ducks:) but that was when I was little.

Same here. Mighty Ducks are cool! :cool:
 Darth Rythe
02-14-2004, 9:37 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Luke
Same here. Mighty Ducks are cool! :cool:

Damn Straight!:D
But the Cartoons are just stupid............that's my 5cents.
(No two cents in Aus any more.)
 the_raven_03
02-14-2004, 11:08 PM
I KNOW that the Avs will be in the finals and I think that Toronto will go for the east.
 ET Warrior
02-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by the_raven_03
I KNOW that the Avs will be in the finals and I think that Toronto will go for the east.

Toronto is lookin pretty good, but there's also New Jersey and Philly to contend with.. I'd say the East is a lot more uncertain looking than the west. Right now the wings and avs are just DOMINATING everyone
 the_raven_03
02-14-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Toronto is lookin pretty good, but there's also New Jersey and Philly to contend with.. I'd say the East is a lot more uncertain looking than the west. Right now the wings and avs are just DOMINATING everyone

I completely agree with you. Usually the Eastern teams look like pansies, except for the Devils and the West is usually full of great teams.
 ET Warrior
02-15-2004, 5:54 PM
This season it's the West that doesn't look as hot as they usually do. The Stars are finally not losing every game, but they're still not playing as good as they have in the past, and the Canucks have been losing a lot recently.
 BigTeddyPaul
02-15-2004, 9:19 PM
Stevens means too much to NJ and I don't think they can win the Cup without him. I know that sounds sad that one player has such an impact but right now it appears that way. Unless they learn to play without him or sign Pronger, who will be free to any team after this year, they cannot win. I didn't know how valuable he was until he left.

Ottawa is smoking right now and their only ? is their goalie. Needs to make a statement in the playoffs. Also their recent injuries doesn't bode well but that is just bad luck.

With Philadelphia losing JR, Comrie, and then Primeau in such a short span they have a badly depleted center area but they are winning right now. Their GM has morgatged their future for right now and I don't think many other teams need to win as bad as they do.

The Rangers suck except Leetch. Goalies aren't bad but they aren't good enough. They cannot play D for the life of them. Everyone they get to be a scorer just comes in and becomes half the man they were with their other cash strapped team or gets hurt.

Toronto needs to praise Belfor every day and thank their Maple Leaf stars. He is outstanding there and I don't trust their D that much. McCabe and Klee are great but past that I wouldn't trust them at all. Their main scorers Mogilny, Sundin, Nolan, Roberts are all great but they need to be more consistent in their scoring. It always seems like one night it is all Sundin and then all Roberts. Tucker and Domi are also great in their respective roles even though Tucker IMHO is underachieving.

Thornton got pissed and is now playing like a star. With people like Murray, Smasonov, Bergeron, Knuble, Rolston, and most importantly Rycroft (RotY) this team can win but it will have a hard time against real veteran teams.

I actually wrote LP an email once telling him to get Martin St. Louis when he was on waivers. I felt very strongly about him and boy was I right. I never knew what happened with my Email but I do know what happened to St. Louis. He is the best player under 6 feet tall and is the reason this team is doing so well. Without knowing if Khabi or Ghrame in net I doubt this team will have enough faith in eachother to get past the first round. That and most people, besides St. Louis, seem to disappear in the playoffs.

Detroit is stellar. Veterans and rookies galore. They have a great dynasty type thing going. Worst part about them is that Hatcher hasn't really played yet and when all the golden oldies do retire they can sign anyone they want or trade their worthless 1st rounders (always 22nd+ pick since they do so well and most "surer" things are choosen with the top 8-12 picks) for top players. I have also always loved Legace and I thought he should have been #1 and not Joseph and then Hasek. Lewis is Hitler.

Colorado is almost fully healed and then Blake goes down. While this is a major blow they just pull someone from the farm and they seem to do admirable. They have the best two lines in the league and Forsberg, no matter how much I hate his style of play, is not human.

Vancouver is a great team with good parts and bad. Cloutier needs to get out of town or step up because he is too unpredictable in his play. Some nights he is stellar and others his 5-hole is more open than (insert dirty joke). Best scoring D-men in the league with some great prospects. I still think they need more than just Bert and Nazzy up front.

Queneville from the Blues might just be unemployed here soon. After a tremendous start this season the Blues are now out of the playoff picture sitting in 9th. With him being there about 8 years now and his contract ending at the end of this year we should see someone else behind the bench next. Osgood got hurt about 20 games ago and since his return he has won 2 out of about 20 games. I firmly believe that his losing stats are due to his teams underachieving ways in not scoring and playing poor D.

San Jose was one of the worst teams a few weaks ago. They had more ties than anything and now they are in the playoffs and seem to be staying there. If the Penguins want AHL players playing in the NHL then San Jose is just above them in letting rookies get their chance. The one difference is that the Sharks rookies are getting the job done and Nabokov is back in form. Marleau was taken #2 after Thornoton and he has proven he deserved that #2 spot. I still expect him to be a true dominant force in the next 3 years.

Jarome Iginla is Calgary. He does well then they do well.

Since I am a homer the Blues will win The Cup by defeating Ottawa.

I think the West will be Vancouver and Colorado in their conference finals with an all Canadian East with Toronto and Ottawa.

Ottawa will win in 5 against Vancouver.

My take.

BigTeddyPaul
 obi
02-16-2004, 12:54 AM
So what two teams do you think will play for the Winston cup?
 Chewbacco
02-16-2004, 3:23 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
So what two teams do you think will play for the Winston cup? That is the Stanley Cup! Winston Cup?:D
 ET Warrior
02-16-2004, 4:14 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
So what two teams do you think will play for the Winston cup?

What Chewbacco said...what the deuce are you bringing NASCAR crap into my beautiful hockey thread for!!!!!!!!!!

:p;)

(by the way obi, The finals = the stanely cup finals)
 Darth Groovy
02-16-2004, 8:23 AM
I am loyal to my local Chicago Blackhawks.

You may now start throwing things...

http://tigger.uic.edu/~ttatone/hawklogo.gif)
 obi
02-16-2004, 1:17 PM
Shows how much I know about hockey.....

Heh....
 the_raven_03
02-16-2004, 3:03 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
I am loyal to my local Chicago Blackhawks.

You may now start throwing things...

http://tigger.uic.edu/~ttatone/hawklogo.gif)

I am sorry that you don't have a cool local team like the Avs and that you have the Blackhawks instead.
 Prime
02-16-2004, 3:27 PM
Me, I'm hoping we see Avalanche Vs. Ottowa I hope Ottawa makes it there, because I have Sens tickets for the playoffs!
 ET Warrior
02-18-2004, 4:22 AM
http://us.st3.yimg.com/store2.yimg.com/I/hockeymonkey_1777_12591859)

Oggle at the pretty that is my stick!

http://us.st3.yimg.com/store2.yimg.com/I/hockeymonkey_1776_36713191)

This is the stick that I would have if I had money to burn.
 the_raven_03
02-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Aren't those sticks so pretty and awesoem because they are equipment to the greatest game on Earth.
 ET Warrior
02-21-2004, 4:02 PM
Well, on a very sad note, the avalanche are deffinately slumping.

however, on a VERY good note, we finally got rid of Martin Skoula!!! YES!!!
 TheHobGoblin
02-21-2004, 4:06 PM
GO MIGHTY DUCKS.....................
 the_raven_03
02-22-2004, 5:05 PM
Well, on a very sad note, the avalanche are deffinately slumping.

however, on a VERY good note, we finally got rid of Martin Skoula!!! YES!!!

It is very good that we got rid of Skoula, what a terrible player he was.

But I am perplexed with this problem with the Avs. They have so many amazing players and they can't seem to score at all now. They just better get things worked out soon.
 Feanaro
02-24-2004, 8:40 PM
I friggin' hate Skoula!(as a hockey player) this is the best trade ever! WEll mabey not ever but deffinately the best we've had this year! I say it's gonna be Avs and Ottawa, with the Avs winning. But i'd like to see Avs and Lightning! With Hejduk winning the Stanley cup on a penalty shot!;) The Avs WILL win no matter what!
 Thrackan Solo
02-24-2004, 10:22 PM
I dont see any threads about field hockey?!?!:mad:

Hate me, but Im a Red Wings fan! And im hoping they take the Cup home again!
 ET Warrior
02-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Thrackan Solo
Hate me, but Im a Red Wings fan! And im hoping they take the Cup home again!

*hated* :evil1:

So the other day i'm at Players Bench buying some new hockey gear, and there was a 12 year old girl whose father bought her a brand new VAPOR 20!!! they had to cut half of it off just so it would fit her. I'm still upset about it. She was 12! Who needs a Vapor 20 when they're TWELEVE?!?!?!?!!??!!?
Page: 1 of 1