Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cantina Bar Sets - Wave II: Their Fates Revealed

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
02-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Well, the Bar Sets have just been officially cancelled by Hasbro. Brian has stopped accepting preorders but he promises if he ever gets his hands on a few of them out there, the preorders already made will be fulfilled. You can get all 3 for the low, low price of 300 dollars buy it now :rolleyes:

eBay Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=751&item=3175427843&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWA:IT)

Oh well. I was hoping somebody would eventually buy them up but that's not to be I guess....
 daring dueler
02-13-2004, 7:40 PM
damn!
bad move hasbro, bad move. they are idots, their market director is a fool, a dman fool, he releases the first wave, which sucked balls, and cancells the one with the long waited figures.
 ZBomber
02-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Grab the pitchforks men! We are gucking going to war! :mad:

LONG LIVE FAH!
 Katarn07
02-14-2004, 2:05 PM
Cloud City had all 3 for 115. Nice price I guess, but all I wanted was Kit Kak Kidaak or whatever (the one they never made).

And it was really Wal-Mart's fault for getting so many, not Hasbro's for making so many.
 daring dueler
02-14-2004, 2:46 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Cloud City had all 3 for 115. Nice price I guess, but all I wanted was Kit Kak Kidaak or whatever (the one they never made).

And it was really Wal-Mart's fault for getting so many, not Hasbro's for making so many.

i know the surplus was wal-marts fault, but the fact that they made the crappy figures in the first wave was hasbros bad. they must be inept, they made, what? 2 ponda babas already, 2 greedos, and perfectly good mamow nadon, while, dr. evazin was only in a 3 pack, wher was a mail away, and the k guy was never made, my advice is to focus on figures not made yet, i think the best store exclusives (or most succesful) of the last 2 years has to be the bonus clones.
 dark jedi 8
02-15-2004, 12:05 AM
i think they should offer a mail-in or something with proof of purchases to get that "praying mantis guy."
 ZBomber
02-15-2004, 1:32 AM
Originally posted by daring dueler
i know the surplus was wal-marts fault, but the fact that they made the crappy figures in the first wave was hasbros bad. they must be inept, they made, what? 2 ponda babas already, 2 greedos, and perfectly good mamow nadon, while, dr. evazin was only in a 3 pack, wher was a mail away, and the k guy was never made, my advice is to focus on figures not made yet, i think the best store exclusives (or most succesful) of the last 2 years has to be the bonus clones.

So VERY true....... That was very well put. :)
 Katarn07
02-15-2004, 2:11 AM
Naturally, yes, but Hasbro wasn't smart. They shoulda sold them off to the Insider or something in limited quantities instead of selling them to eBay users to sell for 100s each :rolleyes:
 daring dueler
02-17-2004, 3:57 PM
yeah, but they are looking for a profit, so as much as i hate them, i see why they didnt.
 Zappa_0
02-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Yes a bad move indeed.
 daring dueler
02-22-2004, 8:04 PM
(still sad and angry) current face::( /:mad:
 Katarn07
03-03-2004, 11:22 PM
A set of three (all AFA graded C9) sold for 500 dollars! :eek:

And off topic, are you aware Seinfeld is coming to DVD this year?! I know what my XMAS GIFT is gonna be :D. Also, gonna be getting Family Guy for my bday :) I know that's way off topic but haven't caught you on AIM lately. When are you signed on? :confused:
 daring dueler
03-04-2004, 7:20 PM
quite off topic indded!

lol, yeah i heard the rumors of the seinfeld dvd sets...and at around 3:15 - 4 on week days, not too ofeten week ends, ill catch ya.
 dark jedi 8
03-04-2004, 10:49 PM
still off topic, but did you hear family guy will return in 2005! can't wait. fox or cartoon network will probably pick it up.

anyway, bad move by hasbro, or something. yeah.:D :cool:
 daring dueler
03-05-2004, 12:32 AM
haha......thats awsome, its a good thing to, i want more stewey quotes......or some more quwag! gotta have some "he he...oh yeah"
 dark jedi 8
03-05-2004, 1:34 AM
thank god cartoon network picked it up when fox dropped it! i can't imagine not being able to watch re-runs at 11 every night. Adult. swim. rocks!:cool:
 daring dueler
03-05-2004, 2:46 PM
yes yes it does. adult swim......a thing of beuty, family guy then futurama......later on (for you anime junkies) you got inuyasha.
 Katarn07
03-05-2004, 8:18 PM
I heard March of 2005 for Family Guy :)

And as for the topic.... ummm, hey! How about a mod post here if they actually moderate this place. Ummm, maybe I'll just stop and leave this to PMs. I haven't been AIM all week because of my researc paper. I might be on next week but if not it'll be PMs.
 daring dueler
03-05-2004, 8:26 PM
march eh......?

um yes pm's....
 Katarn07
03-16-2004, 9:10 PM
OK, here's some possible good news.

1. Will we ever get the Kitik Keedkak figure from the Cantina set?

Originally taken from Yakface.com's Q&A
I received some information a few days ago from a most-trusted source. My friend is hoping that this news will make those of you who have been eyeing Kitik on Ebay think twice before paying ungodly prices for her. Take your finger off the left-click button and step away from your PC!!!

The long-awaited answer: Unless something unexpected happens, Kitik will be arriving shortly.

Sometime in the late summer (August-ish?), a Cantina 3-pack will be released that contains the entire second wave of the Walmart Cantina Sets - Wuher, Dr. Evazan, and the elusive Kitik. My source did not know whether it would be an exclusive or if it would be a standard retail item. That fact might still be undecided. The set is expected to cost in the same ballpark price as the current Jedi Council/War Room sets and for those of you wanting more from the cantina, there is a second Cantina 3-pack planned for later in the year with unknown figures. Sound good? There is more.

So what does it look like?

I was going to go into a detailed description here but I'll make it simple. OTC Packaging. Long bubble. 3 bar sections. Wuher serving it up. Evazan kicking back.

And if that isn't good enough...how is this for a return to the visual Q&A???

(Click on image to see full size, Note to all other websites. Please do not use this image or link directly to it. Please just post a link back the our QNA or to yakface.com, Thank you.)

And click here (http://www.yakface.com/qna/Yakfacecantina.jpg) to see a mockup of it.

I say this is possible good news considering no one bought the initial figures individually so why is Hasbro so sure anyone (save for TRU) would get them as a three pack?

Anyhow, I am hoping this comes to being so I can add and upgrade my Cantina pop up scene :D
 dark jedi 8
03-17-2004, 12:12 AM
i think its a smart move on hasbro b/c they know many collectors want the kitik figure, and instead of selling it for $15 on its own, they went for the 3-pack and are probably going to sell it for at least $25. the second cantina 3-pack sounds interesting. cant wait to see who it is.:cool:
 Katarn07
03-17-2004, 1:32 AM
25? Naw, the last 3 packs they made were 'only' 20 ;)
 dark jedi 8
03-17-2004, 2:12 AM
but because its in the OTC packaging, hasbro might justify the price increase. just my thought.
 ZBomber
03-17-2004, 2:04 PM
Originally posted by dark jedi 8
but because its in the OTC packaging, hasbro might justify the price increase. just my thought.

? The OTC packaging is gonna be the new regular packaging, isn't it?

I don't think they'd raise it.....
 Katarn07
03-17-2004, 8:11 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
? The OTC packaging is gonna be the new regular packaging, isn't it?

I don't think they'd raise it.....

Meh, maybe he's firing at Hasbro. Who knows, right? Anything is possible with them :rolleyes:
 dark jedi 8
03-17-2004, 9:37 PM
 Katarn07
03-17-2004, 11:03 PM
K-Mart? Ahh ****!
 dark jedi 8
03-17-2004, 11:33 PM
oddly enough i found my only green clone three pack there. go figure?:p but it does scare ya, k-mart sucks for, well, just about everything.:(
 Katarn07
03-19-2004, 8:18 PM
Well, it's like for every 10 Wal-Marts or Targets around here, there's only one K-Mart. That's my problem.

Oh, and sadly I do not go to a certain Wal-Mart around here I call 'ghetto Wal-Mart' due to the fact some black guy was beaten to near death by another black guy with a baseball bat for cutting in line. I did find a whole lotta good stuff there because think about who normally shops there. They don't collect this stuff. It's a shame I'll miss out on the stuff.
 dark jedi 8
03-19-2004, 8:22 PM
that's a shame, is it just me or are the crowds at wal-marts just a little bit abnormal (to say the least). that may be good for collectors but just some of the people you see in thier make you think. WTF. maybe its just my wal-mart but eh...
 ZBomber
03-20-2004, 1:36 PM
K-Mart sucks balls. Taters and I never go there.
 daring dueler
03-24-2004, 7:25 PM
it does suck, and most likely i will order this 3-pack, however i do occasionally go to k-mart..rarely.....damn i need that green clone 3-pack!
 dark jedi 8
04-04-2004, 4:22 PM
hhmmm.. back to the topic?

nothing new just a small update from yakface:

Series 2 Cantina Sets Rumor Control
April 2, 2004 | 4:40 PM EST | Keri

It seems that there are more questions, rather than definitive answers on the Series 2 Cantina Sets issued by Hasbro to be Wal-Mart Exclusives. After searching and reading upon the topic from various sources, I hope to have come up with some answers to help myself and our readers clear up this muddled mess.

As we know, the First Cantina Sets were Wal-Mart exclusives, and in most cases were pretty much deluxe peg-warmers. In fact at some out of the way Wal-Marts in my area they can still be bought, although not of course not on mint cards.

The Second Cantina Sets slated to be released at Wal-Mart were Dr. Evazan, Kitik Keed'Ka, and Wuher. However, Wal-Mart declined the exclusive items, which were in turn picked up by the struggling K-Mart. When K-Mart declared bankruptcy and started closing stores, Hasbro stopped production on these figure sets.

How many cases exactly did Hasbro produce? According to Cloud City Collectibles, the only US Retailer to actually get cases of these figures, the number of cases believed to be produced is somewhere around 250, which translates into about 1,000 Kitik's and 500 each of Wuher and Dr. Evazan. Therefore, the prices for these figures on the blue Saga cards are not in the low end of the spectrum.

Where exactly does that leave us now, those who do not wish to pay a small fortune just to own the figures? As we have seen, the figures are still a K-Mart exlusive, this time appearing as a 3-Pack in the new OTC Packaging design. The point being, unless you absolutely must have every single packaging variant produced, I would say be patient and wait for the K-Mart 3-Pack.

You may view the figures with their Blue Saga cards up for auction on Ebay here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page: 1 of 1