Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Model in SP Cutscene. Please Help.

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Fleas
02-12-2004, 8:30 PM
First off, hello to everyone. This is my first post. I've been racking my head and i can't get something to work. Please bare with me. Any help is appreciated. I have a model i am using in SP. It was a model created by Kevin Coyle of Anakin. I was able to create an NPC file to use this model in SP because it was only released for MP. I have the model working in Single player.

Now here is my problem.... I want to be able to use this model in the cutscenes for a more realistic feel. I read up on http://www.map-review.com/index.php?page=tutorial_) how to add to the NPC file to make your character show up in the cutscenes, but its not working. I think i may be doing something wrong or perhaps its just written wrong. This is what my NPC file looks like:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anakin
{
fullName "Anakin Skywalker"
playerModel KC_anakin
weapon WP_SABER
saber Kyle
saberRadius 3
saberStyle 2
snd KC_anakin
sndcombat KC_anakin
sndextra KC_anakin
sndjedi KC_anakin
dismemberProbArms 100
dismemberProbHands 100
dismemberProbHead 100
dismemberProbLegs 100
dismemberProbWaist 100
}

Anakin
{
playerModel KC_anakin
class CLASS_PLAYER
}

Player
{
playerModel player
class CLASS_PLAYER
}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used NPC tools to create the NPC file and i added it to the original Anakin pk3 file using Pakscape and making sure the paths were correct. My model shows up in Single player after you call it in the console with the playermodel command, but it will not show up in the cutscenes. I've tried quite a few different combinations but nothing seems to work. Any help is greatly appreciated.
 Prime
02-12-2004, 9:26 PM
I believe you are refering to my tutorial, and it appears that there is a mistake in there. I will have to correct that.

Anyway, try replacing:

Player
{
playerModel player
class CLASS_PLAYER
}

with

Player
{
playerModel KC_anakin
class CLASS_PLAYER
}

Hope that helps :)
 Master Fleas
02-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Hey! Wasssaaaaa! :D First off, great tutorial. I had no clue that the guy who made it frequented this forum. Firstly, you are correct, that change fixed the problem. Now here is some of the stuff i did and why it wouldnt work. I had added that line like you said before, but it didn't work the first time i did it and this is why. I was using WinZip to unzip the model and create the NPC file needed to run the model in SP, then i would zip it back and change the extension from .zip to .pk3.

Apparently that was my error, because it would not recognize the model. When i did the same thing, this time changing the line you said, then saving everything using Pakscape (Great program by the way for messing with .pk3 files) then bingo! It worked like a charm :D

Thanks a million for taking the time to fuel my brain some more. Also thanks to anyone else who took the time to read, even if they had no clue of what i was talking about ;)
 Prime
02-13-2004, 4:13 AM
Originally posted by Master Fleas
Thanks a million for taking the time to fuel my brain some more. No problem. Glad to help :)
Page: 1 of 1