Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Death Star

Page: 1 of 1
 garmbel
02-12-2004, 5:22 PM
there is going 2 b a death star in the game thats a bit unfair arent the rebels allowed 2 stop it
 Wai_TungLeung
02-12-2004, 5:55 PM
Yeah that does seem to be unfair. And as the current version will not be a space fighting game, it would mean the rebel team couldn't knock it out with x-wing, etc.

I think the best guess is that rebels would have to take over Endor and knock out the shield protection for the death star, that way allowing NPC forces to destroy it.

On the other hand, a special map may appear that allows rebels and imperials to fight onboard the death star. The goal would either to destroy the death star by doing so and so or taking over the death star. But as far as I know it is anyone's guess. :/
 Pie™
02-12-2004, 7:06 PM
The death star will be available for the imperials if they conquer endor.
When/if they get hold of endor, they may use the death star to destroy a single planet ;)

:deathstar :deathii:
 garmbel
02-13-2004, 4:43 PM
I think that is a great idea about the shield generator, just great
 Alegis
02-13-2004, 5:41 PM
i think the death star is a great idea, the shield would be a good counter. Bear in mind that pandemic has a 'war board' where testers pay damn good attention to the balance, i'm sure there will be balance so i can expect good things from the rebels as well
 kc0neo
02-13-2004, 9:28 PM
Just have a bunch of ewoks throw rocks at the death star. Seeing that rocks can take out a "armored" stormtrooper why can't they take out the death star. The return of Simon the killer ewok :ewok:
 Darth MarcII
02-15-2004, 2:48 AM
Do you think a space fighting module may be added later?
 Thrawn
02-15-2004, 4:13 AM
If they release a level editor or something like it, I would imagine one of the first things we'll see is a space map. But I think I'll just stick to ground combat. That's what the focus of the game is on anyway.
 Craftsman
02-15-2004, 4:16 AM
All the possibilites
 joesdomain
03-02-2004, 9:12 PM
I think a good idea to counter giving the empire a death star after they defeat rebels on endor map is to give a space map where rebels try to destroy the death star II or they infiltrate into death star II and try to take over the station.
Page: 1 of 1