Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

on saber hilts and styles

Page: 1 of 1
 Commas
02-12-2004, 10:01 AM
so i saw T7nowhere's saber mods with unique hilts and was wondering if there were a way to create a hilt like that of Count Dooku in ep II or Komori Vosa's in SW: Bounty Hunter, ya know the curved kind.

after trolling the forums a bit before posting this i think i already have an answer to my next question: if a curved hilt was possible would it be possible to create a style that would accomodate it, so it didn't just look like regular single saber style. perhaps making new feats that you would use instead of critical strike, flurry and power attack that worked the same but had curved lightsaber specific animations (kinda like how ranged weapons have rapid shot instead of flurry so forth) ? im sure everything i just wrote is utterly impossible without bioware releasing some kind of tool to mod freely instead of having to crack the game, but meh, its an idea that would be pretty cool.

as long as im suggesting impossible things right now, what about Darth Revan's style of fighting before Malak's ship shoots in one of the early cut scenes, and maybe a style that accomodated using dual shortsabers where you would hold them both backwards (like how you hold a knife for stabbin, but ya know for sideways slashing motions, not uppy downy stabby motions, it would look quite graceful with a female character, at least in my mind)

so yeah, stuff to consider if modding technology could ever accomodate it
Page: 1 of 1