Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't make func_group in Radiant 1.4!

Page: 1 of 1
 Patrick_H
02-11-2004, 1:10 AM
Hi all. I just dusted off an old map I started for JO in JK2Radiant. To my chagrin, all my func_groups are gone when I open it up in Radiant 1.4 ! To make matters worse, Radiant 1.4 won't allow me to make new func_groups either (using right click and choosing from the contextual menu).

What am I missing here?
 Patrick_H
02-11-2004, 3:48 AM
OK, I think I figured it out from reading another similar thread. I can make func_groups now at least. But is there a way to see my func_groups labeled in the top view window, the way they were in JK2 Radiant?
 Leslie Judge
02-11-2004, 6:46 AM
AFAIK, no. There are no labels for the entities in GTKRadiant. But it is a good idea to inform the developers. :) Go, tell them!
 Jedi_Vogel
02-11-2004, 8:19 AM
Do the developers listen to suggestions? I mean they must get flooded with people wanting improvements. Or maybe that's just the impression I get. :S
 rgoer
02-11-2004, 9:09 AM
http://qeradiant.com/?data=bugreport) <- Bugzilla link. The GtkRadiant development team reads each and every bug report/feature request that is submitted. A lot of times, things simply get forgotten or aren't considered until somebody submits a report, so if you want something done, by all means use Bugzilla. It's the only way.
 WadeV1589
02-11-2004, 11:32 AM
"There are no labels for the entities in GTKRadiant."

You guys really need to learn to mess around with the programs you download :p What use would a mapping tool without entity names be?

Go to the View menu, then down to Show, you'll see "Show Names" in there, by default it's unchecked.
 Jedi_Vogel
02-11-2004, 12:35 PM
What use would a mapping tool without entity names be?

lol, you know, somehow I think not very much use!!
 Patrick_H
02-12-2004, 9:00 PM
Ah, thanks. I just get overwhelmed at first with new apps and it takes awhile for me to find all the little options.
Page: 1 of 1