Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My Kingdom For Enough Time...

Page: 1 of 1
 F-Bomb
02-10-2004, 1:01 AM
I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but if I had the time and technical knowledge (which I feel I could gain, I'm a reasonably fast learner), I would love to mod a lot of the dialog in this game and make a "real" Dark path, involving recruiting Calo Nord, Darth Bandon (Canderous Ordo and HK-47 no doubt), and maybe even Davik. I know that this is really ambitious, will be incredibly time consuming, and probably ridiculously difficult, however, in the next few weeks my schedule clears up considerably and I will finally have the time to learn to mod this game and be able to tinker a little. I'd like to know if anyone is interested in this idea or if they'd like to collaborate on it. If there isn't much interest, I might not produce this (that's supposing that I can LoL), but I'd like to get some opinions and suggestions. One warning for those people who might want to help, I'm a perfectionist to an incredibly annoying fault. You've been warned. LoL
 Darth Exar Kun
02-10-2004, 1:03 AM
i would like to see something like this too but i'd prefer replacing Carth with Calo instead of Canderous
 F-Bomb
02-10-2004, 1:09 AM
Personally, I envision the party as being the player character, Calo, Bandon, HK, Canderous, T3-M4 (for a little while maybe), Uthar Wynn, an evil Juhani, an evil Bastila from the start, and possibly Carth driven mad out of lust for revenge. But, as I said, all suggestions are welcome.
 T7nowhere
02-10-2004, 1:29 AM
ha! lol :D. I had a very similar idea that I post here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122336&highlight=yuthera) look at the third post from the bottom.

I would love to pull it off, but I have a huge weakness when it comes to scripting, though I think I could help with level and plot design.
 lord_blodgett
02-10-2004, 12:56 PM
It would be nice to be able to turn Juhani to the DS as well. I mean she starts out there, you should be able to bring her back to the DS as well.
 Darth_ToMeR
02-10-2004, 3:50 PM
sounds good... very good...
i like a dark jedi in my party, if that possible
 F-Bomb
02-11-2004, 12:32 AM
Let's all remember this isn't even in the works yet, not even close. However, I've put a considerable amount of planning into it. So I'll take the time to discuss some plot ideas now.

*SPOILERS* -BOTH FOR THE GAME AND FOR THIS MOD IF/WHEN IT COMES OUT-

Aboard the Endar Spire, you're a Sith sleeper cell on a mission to assassinate Bastila and sabotage the Spire. However, your mission was so absolutely secret, even other Sith commanders were unaware of your presence on the Spire and proceed to attack it above Taris. You awake during the attack and proceed to kill all the Republic soldiers you encounter, and also the Sith who take you for a Republic officer. You meet with Darth Bandon, one of the few who know of your mission, and together you launch a raid against the starboard section of the ship, hoping to capture Carth Onasi. He puts up a decent fight, but when he feints with surrender, he draws his Hold Out blaster and attempts to shoot Bandon. Needless to say, you kill him for that. Bandon's ship has undocked from the Spire and Sith forces are chasing Bastila's escape, your only choice is to steal the last escape pod and dive to Taris.

On Taris, the plot will be very similar, your job now being to find and kill Bastila. You have Sith clearance papers from the start, Davik's mansion is your Hideout, Canderous is assigned by Davik to help you find Bastila, and Calo Nord will join your party if you talk tough to him when he starts to count. When you find Bastila, she breaks free and escapes. You take the Ebon Hawk when you learn of Malak's orders to destroy the planet, and Davik joins you because you're not taking his baby from him. You later learn en route to Dantooine with orders to lead an assault on the Jedi Enclave, that Bastila escaped the Taris bombardment with the help of a Wookiee, a young Twilek, and an astromech droid. The assault is called off and you are ordered to continue to Dantooine to continue your previous mission of killing Bastila.

On Dantooine, Bastila doesn't recognize you as a Sith and you infiltrate the Enclave (you have to leave all of your party but Canderous and Calo Nord behind on your ship). You pose as an apprentice from Coruscant and are trained to a Padawan. You meet Juhani, convince her to fake her death and later join you on the dark side. You learn of the Jedi investigation of the ruins and help Bastila discover the Star Map. Now that you know the Jedi Council's plan, you try to kill Bastila, but she escapes again. You are ordered to follow her to the other Star Map worlds and continue your mission. You encounter her at every map and she manages to escape narrowly each time.

On Tatooine, you recruit HK. On Korriban you recruit Uthar Wynn and are allowed to roam freely as you are now recognized as a Sith. Random Dark Jedi encounters will now be Jedi Knights assigned to find and kill you. On Kashyyyk, you kill Jolee Bindo when he tries to stand in your way. You then recruit Chuundar when you leave the planet. On Manaan, you have to investigate the Republic base and destroy their kolto facility.

After Bastila finds all the Star Maps, you follow her to the map and she crashes on the unknown planet. You pursue and hunt her on the ground. She manages to lower the protective field and assault the Star Map. You tail her again and face her inside, and yes, folks, you finally get to kill the snobby little b***h. You can also face Malak and battle him for supremacy as Sith ruler.

-END SPOILERS-

But, that's just an overview and very open to suggestion and revisation. I know, it's very long and very ambitious, but I think that it can be done. I'd like to her more feedback, too.
 xxss
02-11-2004, 1:18 AM
Sounds amazing. Hope to see it soon, however, It would probably take a while to write that up.
 Supreme Cracker
02-11-2004, 9:43 AM
:eek:

I love the story plan :D It would be absolutely a amazing mod :cool: Hoipe it gets done one day...
 Adnan
02-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Just one question: Why should you kill all the Republic soldiers when you are disguised as one? I mean, why to disguise when you're going to kill them anyway?
 Darth_ToMeR
02-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Amazing!!! but it sounds hard... how do you plan to do the characters voice?
 F-Bomb
02-12-2004, 12:23 AM
Just one question: Why should you kill all the Republic soldiers when you are disguised as one? I mean, why to disguise when you're going to kill them anyway?

The Republic are your sworn enemy, the only good Republic soldier is a dead one. You kill them. 'Nuff said.

Amazing!!! but it sounds hard... how do you plan to do the characters voice?

I don't plan on having voicing. It's a possibility, but I'd need voice actors and such, and they wouldn't match the existing voices. So, that's still up for grabs. I might do that, and just let everyone deal with the change in voice, or I might just leave it out and save myself the grief. Tell me what you guys think. I've got some friends who could do the voicing with extreme skill (we're all theatre guys here) but it wouldn't be the same. Yea or nay, let me know. I want to hear the public on this one.

To all folks out there, I welcome as much feedback and as many suggestions as you guys can throw at me. Next Tuesday, the 17th of February, I start work on various projects for KotOR, this being the only large one, and coincidentally the insanely difficult one, too. I will accept any help that I can get on this. PM me, post, or contact me over e-mail, ICQ, or AIM if you want to help, suggest, or just tell me what you think of the whole idea.
 lord_blodgett
02-12-2004, 12:10 PM
If you do decide to do voice acting, I would suggest replacing all of the voice for the character in question, not just part. That way it would be more consistant.

Just my two credits.
 Adnan
02-12-2004, 12:25 PM
I don't think voice is a good idea. It'd be cool, no doubt. But the voices would differ from the originals, so it wouldn't be much better (or even worse) then pure text. Although I could imagine it well with new characters.
 xxss
02-12-2004, 1:24 PM
I'd be willing to help in whatever way I can, I'm not much of a modder though, but the offers on the table: elmoknows@sympatico.ca give me a shout :>
 Criminal
02-12-2004, 10:54 PM
i would be willing to help to any extent i could...even though i have little to no modding skills...

maybe script help/writing/ideas/opinions... i think this will no doubt take a good 6 months(prob. alot longer) in the making unless we rush to put it out(never a good thing)

voice acting is a deff. yes(as long as it is done very realistic), but as said b4 you will want to compleatly change each characters voice...

i can imagin you would need an extensive team on this job (easy to find because how many ppl want to mod this game)

in the final stages of this release i would love to see custom cut-scenes, possably new weapons(deff new crystals and crystal effects),new levels, new force powers(how many ppl want that)new planet(s)possably Corasant or even a DEATH STAR!!!:D (that would be cool )

im not sure how much of this is realistic, or even possable but a few ideas i would love to see. this would also be the most ambitious project this game has ever faced(besides making the game itself)and if ever realsed the best mod imaginable

but hey... you have to start somewere...
 F-Bomb
02-13-2004, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the suggestions on the voicing, I'll talk to some friends about lining up some recording sessions at a later date. I've recorded the people who said that they would help, and they are welcome to get in touch with me whenever. I'll have jobs for everyone soon I'm sure.

The suggestion about new worlds is uber-ambitious, not something I'm sure that we're going to be able to do at any point in modding this game unless the model format is cracked. However, I will keep it in mind, because I would love to see it if we could do it.

Keep up the ideas. I appreciate everything.
 T7nowhere
02-13-2004, 12:23 AM
you could make new worlds it's just that we can only use what we have right now.

Im sure some clever person will crack the model's soon enough.
 Sunslayer
02-13-2004, 12:41 AM
I'm working on models... checking around and tinkering around... I may have something within a week... I'm trying to see if I can convert the MDLs to 3DS and back.
 Criminal
02-13-2004, 3:31 AM
wish you luck
 Hax0redCardz
02-13-2004, 5:25 AM
Wow... good luck with that :D
 Shimaon
02-13-2004, 5:14 PM
Er, Sunslayer, you say to 3DS and Back, are you able to convert them to 3DS in the first place at the moment? (Just wondering because you gave that impression).
 SSJ3Goku
02-14-2004, 1:37 AM
You shouldn't kill Bastila because you'll need that battle meditation later on when the Republic attacks.
 Criminal
02-14-2004, 5:47 AM
true ssj...not sure for darkside ending though....

the reason voice acting is needed is that ive experienced parts without it and it just seems really tacky, isint very interesting, and is hard to really get into the game...

i could also imagin yavin space station turned into something more...
 Sunslayer
02-14-2004, 6:19 AM
No, I'm not able to get the MDLs into 3DS in the first place, either.
 F-Bomb
02-18-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally my goal was to begin work on my mod today, but unfortunately some problems with some work I'm doing for gameunlimited came up and I'm trying to help him out before I worry about my own thing. I might not get started until next week now, I'm being forced out of town for the weekend, so I might not get to start then.

I'd appreciate a lot more feedback so I can get an idea where to head with this first. Whatever the community wants the most is what I'll try to do first.

I'm not too sure that there's enough interest in this mod to warrant the full project, but I can do parts here and there if that's the case. We'll see how it turns out I guess.
 Criminal
02-18-2004, 4:44 AM
theres enuff interest in this mod....just not alot of ppl leaving feedback.... most just want to download the file play it and say thanks.... having doubts but you havent started yet? im sure once we get it rolling...and maybe a sticky of ideas for it...the project will roll
 pleto4_ryan
02-18-2004, 8:44 AM
a really could projest that may be.... i hope you luck

i Suggest a romance with Yuthura who never turns to the light and you take her and not Uthar with you...:D
 Colditz
02-18-2004, 1:21 PM
One question; Are you still Revan?

Sounds like a gr8 idea otherwise, very ambitious, and yeh coruscant would be gr8 to throw in :D (maybe you go there to find bastilla aswell?)
 EvilPNMI
05-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Impressive, your scenario is really impressive. But why killing Carth, and all characters that are good?
I just suggest, since you'll manage to mod the recruitement, why not trying to make your Influence power to make the Lighties come with us?
I just can't help imagining an Evil Carth, or an Evil Jolee. Let's imagine this amazing Evil Zaalbar... Raaaow... (Of course, i don't need to mention EvilPNMI, which could be a brand new character... no, just kidding).

Or else, your story could follow the same pitch as the light one, but when you decide to act bad, you don't serve the light side even if you're dark... I mean, I started a new game with ambition to become the new dark lord, to do this I went to Korriban just after Dantooine. I believed killing Uthar would make me the new master of Korriban, but then... Sith only called me a spy!!! They should have kneeled down before me, shouldn't they? Finally, the Korriban ending was just the same in dark mode and in light mode... That would be a good beginning to have planet endings different whether you decide to be good or not...

You take this, and your really interesting story, you certainly have a good MOD here...

Keep it on, see you all!

E.P.
Damn , where was this command line?
 Darth333
05-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by EvilPNMI
I mean, I started a new game with ambition to become the new dark lord, to do this I went to Korriban just after Dantooine. I believed killing Uthar would make me the new master of Korriban, but then... Sith only called me a spy!!! They should have kneeled down before me, shouldn't they? Finally, the Korriban ending was just the same in dark mode and in light mode... That would be a good beginning to have planet endings different whether you decide to be good or not...

I was tired of this too so I made a recruitable Dustil mod where Uthar recognizes you as the Dark Lord of the Sith and gives you Dustil as a recruit to help you to defeat your traitorous ex-apprentice. It's not the big mod you're talking about but it's a beginning. If you're interested, it's on my web site or if you can't access it, try http://www.pcgamemods.com/6/)
 EvilPNMI
05-15-2004, 2:10 AM
If you're interested, it's on my web site or if you can't access it

I already downloaded your MOD, but I didn't know I could be recognised as the new Evil Dark Lord of the Sith... :o)
I just can't wait this week-end to test it.
Ow, I'll have to start a new game for this, since there's no more Sith on Korriban... I... I made kinda genocide... Damn , how can I be so "Evilish".

To F-Bomb : What about this new idea : your PC drowns so much in the Dark Side that you can only recruit one apprentice (as Revan with Malak) and you find yourself alone versus the Republic AND the Sith of Malak.
We could also find an epic ending (warning spoiler!) after the one-to-one with Malak : your apprentice comes and attend to kill you, just because it's the way of the Sith, the apprentice has to kill his/her master one day or another.

To nobody in particular : it's my birthday today. Well, okay, okay, I just leave. I wish a good one to every 14th-Mayer too.

To everybody here : Wish you long days and pleasant nights. Bye!

E.P.
 Darth Xen Xila
02-18-2005, 2:58 PM
hmm... cool mod

but where did eveybody go?
 Mav
02-18-2005, 3:57 PM
WOW:eek: talk about bringing up an old thread
 T7nowhere
02-18-2005, 7:09 PM
:lock:
Page: 1 of 1