Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Darth Bandon Party Member

Page: 1 of 1
 SSJ3Goku
02-10-2004, 12:34 AM
Is it possible to use that same code that you use to get malak in your party at the begining but have Darth Bandon instead. Can someone tell me.

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
object PlaceNPC(string sTag)
{
if(!GetIsObjectValid(GetObjectByTag(sTag)))
{
return CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE,sTag,GetLocation

(GetObjectByTag("POST_" + sTag)));
}
else
{
return OBJECT_INVALID;
}
}

void AddCharToParty(string CharName, int Slot)
{
object oChar;

oChar = PlaceNPC(CharName);
AddAvailableNPCByObject(Slot, oChar);
AddPartyMember(Slot, oChar);
}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- CharName is the Name of the NPC (like n_darthbandon)
- Slot is the Portrait Slot in your Party Selection Screen (0-8)

would this work
 gameunlimited
02-10-2004, 1:16 AM
anything is possible =)

the main question is not getting him into the party, but more like will there be any complications with the main quest as the story progress? Like if you replace Mission to become Malak, how are you going to get past that Shield barrier thingy to get into the Vulkar Base.
 SSJ3Goku
02-10-2004, 1:18 AM
how about just replaciing Carth with Bandon or that Wookie with bandon.
 gameunlimited
02-10-2004, 1:22 AM
still, im very sure that certain areas will require you to have the wookies or carth. Like for example, how are you going to finish Kashyyk without the wookie guy?
 gameunlimited
02-10-2004, 1:23 AM
however, if you simply wants, let say Carth's appearance to be that of Malak's, that is very easy to do. He will still basically be Carth, only the appearance is changed.
 SSJ3Goku
02-10-2004, 7:40 PM
Yes it confusing. If we could expand our party limit then there would be no problem. Is it possible to exand the party limit.
 T7nowhere
02-11-2004, 4:33 AM
I don't think it is possible to increase the party limit without alot of work,but it may possible to increase your party screen size to include more icons then you could place them around the ebon hawk.
Don't ask me how to do it though as of now I have only some idea of where to beggin.

I would be sweet to accomplish.
Page: 1 of 1