Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

backrounds/skies

Page: 1 of 1
 jangofett804
02-09-2004, 9:20 PM
just a small question:

how do you create backrounds or skies? I tries usiong brushes to make a box that surrounds the map, but it didn't really work. Is there another way?:confused:
 WadeV1589
02-09-2004, 9:56 PM
The (correct) way to make sky is whenever you have an open area of your map, surround that area with brushes covered in a sky shader. As though it were a room, but the walls/roof (and floor if you can actually see downwards) are covered in the sky shader.

The biggest mistake people make is to surround their entire map in a skybox. This is a bloody huge no-no.
 jangofett804
02-09-2004, 10:02 PM
k, but i really want the sky to be like a background, and surround the area. (Im trying to make a bespin-like flight map , where the backround is the clouds)
 wedge2211
02-10-2004, 12:09 AM
Load the skies/ texture set and locate one of the shaders marked bespin. Put that everywhere you want to see the bespin sky. It will give the appearance in game of the sky being very very far away and surrounding the entire area.
 Jedi_Vogel
02-10-2004, 7:01 AM
Ok, this doens't apply to my current map but it will for one I have planned, but if it's an outside map and you don't want the sky to look solid is there no better way than creating a HUGE brush and painting the underside of it?
Page: 1 of 1