Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Proper file path info for scripts when unzipping?

Page: 1 of 1
 Lindsey
02-09-2004, 5:25 PM
Ok, I've gotten this for every map I've released that has respawning vehicles.

I make a script for respawning the vehicles, and it works.

The problem is, even tho I place the script in pakscapes program for scripts folder in the pk3, since some people dont have JA installed in the same path like I do, the script doesnt get extracted to the scripts folder, and thus, people say the vehicles dont spawn or respawn.

What im trying to say is, is there a way to make sure the scripts get extracted to the scripts folder on everybodys JA? My Second Beta of Geonosis is coming out soon, and I want to make sure everybodys copy works the same way

Thank you
 Leslie Judge
02-10-2004, 6:52 AM
Why should people extract any file? You create a PK3 file don't you?

Are you sure you pack the compiled scripts (.ibi files) not the script sources?
 Lindsey
02-10-2004, 5:12 PM
yea, I do, im just not sure how to tell GTK to put the script in a certain spot, the scripts for example
 Leslie Judge
02-11-2004, 6:39 AM
I'm a little :confused: now.

GTKRadiant doesn't put the scripts anywhere. You save them into the scripts dir or into a subdir below scripts from BehavEd and you compile them.

Then you start PakScape, create a scripts folder in your PK3 and a subdir if necessary and put the compiled scripts there. Just maintain the same directory structure in the PK3 what you have in your base dir on your HDD.
Page: 1 of 1