Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is Blue (from Blues clues) a Boy or a girl?

Page: 1 of 1
 STTCT
02-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Sorry - I have to ask...as I thought he was a boy and now I'm hearing conflicting information. A mother has to know these things....
 Alia
02-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Girl.

By way of excuse, I have many siblings.
 Sivy
02-09-2004, 11:14 AM
 STTCT
02-09-2004, 11:21 AM
So why is she blue with a pink girlfriend....I'm so confused!
 Sivy
02-09-2004, 11:30 AM
its a purely platonic relationship
 Boba Rhett
02-09-2004, 11:35 AM
I have pictures that proove otherwise.
 Sivy
02-09-2004, 11:38 AM
that was a chew toy... NOT a strap-on

:D
 Crow_Nest
02-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Me too, i always though that blue was a boy. and that pink puppy is a his gf. :p

If you are asking this question... Does that mean your son is watching it?

Oh and Astro (if you read this). Spam post +1 :evil2:
 leXX
02-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Yes, Blue is a girl. I thought she was a boy at first too, until I heard Kevin say "she". My kids love that show.
 txa1265
02-09-2004, 12:07 PM
My older son (7) had the stomach bug this weekend and so both boys got extra TV time (younger is almost 6) and watched Dora and Blues Clues for the first time in ages ... they really enjoyed it.

We went to see 'Blues Clues Live' 2 times ... Blue is a she. Even under the costume it was a she ;)

Mike
 IG-64
02-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Wow, A show that actually didn't follow the color-coded steriotype, amasing. Buuut, this concludes in the fasion of the woman power crase lately.

Come on, girls, were all the same, there is no "supirior sex" although that sounds like a stupid guy thing to say, IMO it is true.
 Orca Wail
02-09-2004, 12:31 PM
:wstupid:

I still think its kinda weird. I always thought Blue was a girl...
...sick day, nothing was on...i swear...;)

bo bo BO!

STTCT Why do you need to know, besides the mother bit?
...Nightmarish incident #667: Cross-dressing your kids on Halloween by accident...(Note: the grim reaper is fair game for all genders...)
 STTCT
02-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Well a site I was reading...had posters talking about that Blues Live thing and refering to blue as a "she" and I got all confused. I've watched the show with the baby - he likes anything with bright colors and music - DH thinks its the stupidest thing and can't believe that guy is doing that job. I'm like "Its' for the children!"...

Anyways..that's why I wanted to know...it never dawned on me she wasn't a he!
 IG-64
02-09-2004, 12:42 PM
Whatever you do, do not expose your child to teletubbies

some bad crap in that show...

not to mention it cycles everything untill it reaches 30 minutes :rolleyes:
 leXX
02-09-2004, 1:02 PM
Teletubies is based on psychological studies of young children, and is actually a great show for kids. The reason it repeats everything is because studies have shown that the more children see the same thing, the more they learn. Just because you find it stupid, doesn't mean it isn't educational. Kids love it. Teletubies had my daughter counting to five at ten months old.
 IG-64
02-09-2004, 1:45 PM
Originally posted by leXX
Teletubies is based on psychological studies of young children, and is actually a great show for kids. The reason it repeats everything is because studies have shown that the more children see the same thing, the more they learn. Just because you find it stupid, doesn't mean it isn't educational. Kids love it. Teletubies had my daughter counting to five at ten months old.

Heh, scientific child stimulation :dozey:

seriously, though, I could make teletubbies on a small budget.
 leXX
02-09-2004, 1:57 PM
If you are going to try and argue your point, at least do it properly. Is "Heh" the best you can come up with?

My daughter grew up watching Teletubies and her spelling and grammar are better than yours at six years old.
 Pie™
02-09-2004, 4:58 PM
And now for the real question;
Is Steve or Kevin or whatever his/her/its name is a guy?
:p

When i lived in the US my sister used to watch it, left big scars in my head :p
 Tyrion
02-09-2004, 5:18 PM
If you are going to try and argue your point, at least do it properly. Is "Heh" the best you can come up with?

My daughter grew up watching Teletubies and her spelling and grammar are better than yours at six years old.

W3|| W3||??? 11111oonneonne t1m3 1 w@tch3d MTV OMG OMG OMG @nD 1t m@d3 m3 sUp3r sm@rt!!! 1111oneoneone.

But er IG..personally, I'd be scared if someone your age actually liked Tellytubbies..the reason it repeats basic knowledge is because little kids(and I mean little..<2) dont have the mental capacity to fully understand everything on the first pass.
 Datheus
02-09-2004, 6:42 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
seriously, though, I could make teletubbies on a small budget.

They're kids, man. Their brains are still mushy. Who in their right mind would spend big bucks on a TV show?

Though, if you ask me, all we should let children watch are reruns of Steven Segal movies on TBS.

(Tweleve posts to go..)
 Jed
02-09-2004, 6:48 PM
Datheus, the last thing we need is a nation full of kids that can kick our asses.

Wait, we already do have that.

SWISH!

</tryingtoactlikeobi>
 Orca Wail
02-09-2004, 7:57 PM

True. I watched Barney and Sesame St. and the like as a poppet and I could count to a hundred by 4.

While I watched, however, my mother banged her head on the wall in the next room...

...i still wanted to watch "BatMan" instead...*sulks*
 DarkLord60
02-09-2004, 8:02 PM
Originally posted by Orca Wail

While I watched, however, my mother banged her head on the wall in the next room...

Wow bugged your mom that much huh?
 Anthony
02-09-2004, 8:53 PM
Wow, I was ultimatly illiterate before the age of...well, before grade two, which was really sad.(mind you, I *could* read, just not really well, at all) Also, I pretty much decided that I never wanted to do any work, so my teacher (in grade one) was rather worried about me.

My father, when he was in school, got to skip grade one because he could already read.
 kingdomwinds
02-09-2004, 11:32 PM
eww. blues clues. kids show. happy...
 ZBomber
02-09-2004, 11:40 PM
I've watched a lot of kid's shows. Some of them do seem a little.... strange.... for kids. Never watched Teletubbies though, wasn't a big PBS kid growing up. ^_^
 obi
02-10-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Jed

</tryingtoactlikeobi>

NO no no no no no no. It's SWISH! THATS THE GAME! If you're going to use my line, use it RIGHT.

SWISH! THATS THE GAME!

ANd yes, we do have kids that can kicks our butts. My cousin is only 4 and she is already like a black belt in Judo.

=\
 Kain
02-10-2004, 4:08 AM
bringing the whole teletubbies thing back into play, I've heard some demented crap said on that show. No joking, on everything, I heard the green one call the purple one with the purse faget. I say this in complete and utter honosty because my niece was watching it when he said it and i turned it to something else in a heartbeat. Its not the first time thats happened with that show. childrens tv worries me...like Time Squad on cartoon network. the sun is a swastika. very very bad...
 ET Warrior
02-10-2004, 4:22 AM
I wanna know what you turned it into....is your niece going to be misusing it from now on?

"why thank you, kind faggot."
 STTCT
02-10-2004, 4:29 AM
I let my son watch "Noggin" Have you ever seen that channel. Its pretty neat. All kinds of wholesome shows. Though he really only stares at it when its playing music. I doubt he has any favorites yet. I don't let him watch the teletubbies. Its not that I think its "bad or anything". I personally find them annoying. But if he suddenly develops a love for them, and doesn't call any one a "faggot" from it - then I will have to deal with it.

Oh and he has never watched a Steven Segal movie. But he does ocassionaly watch sex and the city with me - but he has no idea what the hells going on - and just likes to dance to the beginning song.
 Ray Jones
02-10-2004, 10:03 AM
your son is not even 1 year old and you let him watch tv?? i mean a whole show or something?

eyeyey.
 kingdomwinds
02-10-2004, 10:50 AM
all of the teletubbers werer full blown homosexuals. look at the colorful outfits they wore and the weird hugs they gave each other.
 leXX
02-10-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Orca Wail
True. I watched Barney and Sesame St. and the like as a poppet and I could count to a hundred by 4.

...i still wanted to watch "BatMan" instead...*sulks*

Barney is the most annoying pile of poop on TV. God I hate that so much. Unfortunately, my kids love it.

Sesame Street is the best childrens programme ever. I am in the process of building up the DVD collection, because it is on at ridiculous times over here now, unlike when I was a wee lass.

kingdomwinds - I guess that means that virtually every single childrens programme character is homosexual then. :rolleyes: I worry, I really do.
 IG-64
02-10-2004, 11:09 AM

I was joking, and your arguing over teletubbies, now don't you feel stupid? :p

btw, slightly on topic: clicky (http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=455501&section=news)

who am I... where am I?
 Boba Rhett
02-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Woah woah woah. Hold on. Back this train up.

Mr. Rogers kicks Sesame Street's ASS.
 kingdomwinds
02-10-2004, 11:18 AM
i think rogers and seasame street are good for kids. but not telehobos or barny. I think those two shows instill too much happiness into children. also blue clues is too happy. Look at the dork that hosts the show. He looks like a guy who would never get a girl in his life
 IG-64
02-10-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by kingdomwinds
i think rogers and seasame street are good for kids. but not telehobos or barny.

:wstupid:
 leXX
02-10-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by IG-64
I was joking, and your arguing over teletubbies, now don't you feel stupid? :p

No, I don't. You however, should feel stupid for telling people not to expose kids to it, when it does them no harm whatsoever.

What's Mr. Rogers?
 Boba Rhett
02-10-2004, 11:26 AM
He was the nicest man evAr. :( *sniff*

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/27/rogers.obit/story.rogers.obit.jpg)

To this day I can still watch his show. He's totally calming.
 IG-64
02-10-2004, 11:27 AM
No, I don't. You however, should feel stupid for telling people not to expose kids to it, when it does them no harm whatsoever.

What's Mr. Rogers? :D

I was JOKING I know absolutely nothing about teletubbies.

oh, and Mr. Rogers is only the best kids show EVER :D
 -ST-i_stinks
02-10-2004, 11:37 AM
well maybe you can have a private conversation in icq.etc or private message in the forums to talk about your views :)

and to me all kids show are good as long they teach something good like singing, ABc....... ,creativity.

I never watched Mr. Rogers before when T_T
 kingdomwinds
02-10-2004, 11:38 AM
well, did it ever occur to u that barny is a pedophile? speaking of pedophiles http://ebaumsworld.com/michaeljackson-sb.html)
 IG-64
02-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by -ST-i_stinks
I never watched Mr. Rogers before when T_T

Eh? :confused:
 lotr-sam0711
02-10-2004, 8:09 PM
LOL
 obi
02-10-2004, 8:24 PM
I hate that Mr.Rogers died. =(

@Kingomwinds- Don't be so trollish.
 El Sitherino
02-10-2004, 8:25 PM
Mr. Rogers > everything. I suggest you try and get your hands on some episodes leXX. I still remember the safety episode, I learned how to make bandages and cleaning a wound, and to know safe places. :)
Page: 1 of 1