Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sorry in advance, but...

Page: 1 of 1
 FeceMan
02-09-2004, 12:49 AM
OK, to echo the title, I'm sorry. Why? I have to ask for help.

I'll admit, I'm a complete n00b at modding, although I have dabbled here and there before. I've already read through most of the board, but I need some help with editing parts of the game and creating items.

First, I'm looking to modify the skill points + feats gained by some of the classes, force regen rate, etc. in the game. I've edited and saved the .2da files, but I have no clue where to put them. I've looked through all the KoTOR folders and none of them contain what I'm looking for.

Secondly, I extracted the lightsaber/crystal files but I'm not sure exactly what to edit on them, where to put them so they appear in the game, and how to assign specific properties to them.

Is there any place that has a comprehensive guide to this? I'd hate to ask Rupturous (sp?) to do so, but perhaps he could have his friend's mom translate for him and he could have it be stickied on the board.

Any help would be appreicated, so thanks.
 Stator
02-09-2004, 12:55 AM
Place the edited .2da files in the override folder.

I can't help you with the saber-crystal files. I haven't even begun to mess with them yet so I don't know what to say.

Stator
 FeceMan
02-09-2004, 12:59 AM
I tried putting them into the override folder, but to no avail. Oh, well, maybe I'll just have to go and redo them.

Speaking of completely random, try opening the pregen.2da file....it is rather odd, in my opinion. Anyone care to explain it? (If you're too lazy to do so, it seems to have an entire listing of D&D classes.)
 T7nowhere
02-09-2004, 1:11 AM
1. anything you change you would put it the override folder Default C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override

The only thing you need to edit on the color crytals is the file name, and the line Tag [CExoString]=filename and TemplateResRef [CResRef]=filename. If you want to make changes to how a upgrade crystal reacts you need to change them in the propertylist and if you want to add new properties to your Saber you need to add a new userdefinestruct under the propertylist you can copy one of the crystals structs then remove the line upgrade here is a usefull thread on editing item properties

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121845&highlight=changing+item+properties)
 T7nowhere
02-09-2004, 1:15 AM
Originally posted by FeceMan
I tried putting them into the override folder, but to no avail. Oh, well, maybe I'll just have to go and redo them.

Speaking of completely random, try opening the pregen.2da file....it is rather odd, in my opinion. Anyone care to explain it? (If you're too lazy to do so, it seems to have an entire listing of D&D classes.)

It's probly just left over junk from NWN. if you look there is also a nwconfig.2da and nwconfig2.2da.now why would KotOR need a config for NWN :rolleyes:
 FeceMan
02-09-2004, 1:52 AM
OK, I've got the basics down, but how do I automatically give myself the lightsaber/crystal?

ROAR! I can get the thing with cheats, but I can't get the Force Regen to work, and my lightsaber is normal. ROAR! Anyone have any idea on how to change that? ROAR, I say, ROAR.
Page: 1 of 1