Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Obsolete F-Powers mod?

Page: 1 of 1
 Hax0redCardz
02-08-2004, 9:32 PM
Does anyvody know if it would be possible to create a mod-file that allows your PC to use low level force powers after already advancing to the higher levels (like say using F-Whirlwind after already getting F-Wave)?

I ask because I see me NPC's and enemy characters do so all the time (checking the battle logs, I've seen a sith try and cast choke on me, and then try and cast kill in the next turn... and I've seen Jolee use Whirlwind even after I gave him F-Wave) and I think it would be great, at least for the push/wave line as Whirlwind is very useful in it's own right (stuns droids/npc's that are immune to mind effects AND still does damage). Would this be possible?
 lord_blodgett
02-09-2004, 1:10 PM
I second that. I personally think it's dunb that I can't use lower "level" powers when it's more appropriate.
 F-Bomb
02-10-2004, 12:54 AM
I wholeheartedly agree. Maybe there's someone who has an idea how to crack this. I myself, have stopped giving my player character Force Wave because I can't use Whirlwind, which is one of my favorite skills. Very annoying...
 Drakron
02-10-2004, 1:33 AM
What you want is to crack the interface system.

I have no idea of why the interface works like that, I suspect it simply only shows up the higher power in the tree and things like that would require a large amount of work to just find out if that is true.
 Drako Harkon
02-10-2004, 2:03 AM
Yeah, that would be really usefull. My Character has powered armour :) but uses loads of force powers on occassions requiring to do so, but the problem is is that the level 3 stun thing doesn't work with armour, but the level 2 stun thing does, but i can't use it because i'm level 3. it would come in damn useful on the Star Forge were rediculously large numbers of dark jedi keep on coming...

:jfett:
 Tianhou_Zhong
02-27-2004, 2:30 AM
I wish I know!
 Helodermatid
02-27-2004, 6:12 AM
You need to edit spells.2da to make sure that the number under "forcehostile" column is different. For example, the original file has the number 6 under that column for force push, force whirlwind, and force wave. If you change the forcehostile column of whirlwind to 10 and of push to 11 you should be able to choose between the three force powers during combat after you have gained all three powers. Hope this helps.
 Hax0redCardz
02-27-2004, 7:52 AM
Originally posted by Helodermatid
You need to edit spells.2da to make sure that the number under "forcehostile" column is different. For example, the original file has the number 6 under that column for force push, force whirlwind, and force wave. If you change the forcehostile column of whirlwind to 10 and of push to 11 you should be able to choose between the three force powers during combat after you have gained all three powers. Hope this helps.

Sounds great... err... only problem is I don't have any modding tools.... or any knowledge on the subject of modding to begin with... :(

I'm great at thinking up ideas for them though :D

In all seriousness though, is there anyone with the resources to put together a little mod using Helo's guide? I'd be uber greatful!
 Tianhou_Zhong
02-27-2004, 8:26 PM
I just made a little mod that can let you use All levels of force powers! Just give me your E-Mail and I'll Sent it to you! (And Please Host it for Me! Thanks!)

And I have to thanks Helodermatid! He gave me the Ideas!
 T7nowhere
02-27-2004, 10:31 PM
I'll host it for you until you can get a permanent home for it. Send to t7nowhere@hotmail.com
 tk102
02-28-2004, 1:54 AM
No mod necessary.

Just use KotOR Tool to open the 2da.bif file, double click spells.2da, make the changes as described above, then choose to Save As spells.2da into your Override folder.
 Tianhou_Zhong
02-28-2004, 4:21 PM
No! Is not that easy! if you only do that and you can't Level up a higher level force! go to http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=123970)
and you will find the mod that fixed the problem!
 tk102
02-28-2004, 11:41 PM
I have seen no problem in leveling up -- I get additional powers, feats, focepoints, hitpoints, and levels as expected. What specifically is "the problem" to which you're referring?
 Tianhou_Zhong
02-28-2004, 11:58 PM
If you only do what Helodermatid said in this topic, when you Level Up your Jedi Character you will find you only can level up level 1 Force Power!

Like: Stun,Stun Droid,Wound,Slow,Fear,Shock,Force Push,Drain Life.....
 tk102
02-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Ah, I see what you mean -- in the Powers screen, Force Push no longer has the arrow leading to Force Whirlwind, for example, so there is no Power progression. I was playing a high level character when I applied the change I spoke of (and already had those powers).

In that case, never mind. :)
 Tianhou_Zhong
02-29-2004, 12:46 AM
that is ok! TK
Page: 1 of 1