Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SOMEbody help !!! me!! please!!! (setting up clan dedicated server)

Page: 1 of 1
 coolbob
02-08-2004, 3:20 PM
im starting a new clan in jk2 and im try to make a clan server thats always running.ive seen some like FoU House of Pain and Jotr Bar and Grill that are always up and running even f no ones in them how can i create a server liek that please respond here or email me at joyofcola321@yahoo.com
 Crow_Nest
02-10-2004, 5:58 AM
You need to get the dedicated server thingy first.
 coolbob
02-12-2004, 7:08 PM
how do i get the dedicated server thingy?
 Amidala from Chop Shop
02-15-2004, 4:54 PM
Most of the servers you see running 24 hours a day are rented from companies that host game servers, such as

www.JediServers.com) or

www.escapedturkey.com)

Some people pay every month so other people like you can play for free on a professionally-hosted server. Isn't that nice of us?

You can run a server 24/7 from home if you have a fast cable modem or DSL Internet connection and a spare computer that can run the dedicated server program. But if you try playing on the same computer that is running the server, or if you try doing other things at the same time on the same computer, or if someone is surfing the Web or uploading\downloading files, it will cause lag.

You can get the dedicated server programs for Windows or Linux (make sure you get the same one that matches your operating system) here (http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=category&id=62).
Page: 1 of 1