Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Would this work?

Page: 1 of 1
 Weiser_Cain
02-07-2004, 7:29 PM
1 Non-jedi lightsaber feat: so i can pick up a saber and hurt myself(dont ask me why i want this).

2 An ingame item customization shop that even lets you create 'new' armor from scratch

3 Creating a new class based on the soldier for the wookie but with unarmed feats

4 Completely rewriting the scout class

?
 Shimaon
02-07-2004, 8:56 PM
Originally posted by Weiser_Cain
1 Non-jedi lightsaber feat: so i can pick up a saber and hurt myself(dont ask me why i want this).

2 An ingame item customization shop that even lets you create 'new' armor from scratch

3 Creating a new class based on the soldier for the wookie but with unarmed feats

4 Completely rewriting the scout class

?
1. As of yet, no.
2. Same as one, although that would be cool
3. Nope... no new classes
4. Yep, this can be done through 2DA editing
 T7nowhere
02-08-2004, 1:31 AM
Originally posted by Weiser_Cain

Actually i think you can, but you would have to make an item that gives you the Weapon Proficiency Lightsaber as a bonus feat then you should be able to use a lightsaber without beaing a jedi.
 Weiser_Cain
02-08-2004, 1:45 AM
Hmm I dom't understand 2da files at all, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Point me to a tutorial or just in the right direction?
 Weiser_Cain
02-08-2004, 1:48 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Actually i think you can, but you would have to make an item that gives you the Weapon Proficiency Lightsaber as a bonus feat then you should be able to use a lightsaber without beaing a jedi.

Hmm i seem to remember seeing skins ala nwn being mentioned when i fixed HK once. Maybe add(or modify) skins to each character that give them this skill?
 T7nowhere
02-08-2004, 1:53 AM
Well you could add Lightsaber Proficiency to an item like a neural band or a belt or anything other than a lightsaber. then just equipe that item and you will have the feat you need to use a Lightsaber. I haven't tried it yet, though im sure it would work.
 T7nowhere
02-08-2004, 1:57 AM
or you can just do it the really easy way and just take away the required feat from lightsabers in baseitems.2da

lol i don't know why i didn't think of that first.

edit: Ok it does work but you have to remove the feat requirement from all three lightsaber types
 Weiser_Cain
02-08-2004, 2:27 AM
Could you do this for me? I don't understand how to do it myself yet.
 T7nowhere
02-08-2004, 2:38 AM
it's not hard to do if you have kotor tool. you just open the baseitems.2da select each lightsaber which is baseitem 8, 9, and 10 then scroll over to where it says reqfeat0 and there will be the number 43 just change that to **** then save to the override folder then your done.

but if your if this over your head right now.then click here (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/baseitems.2da)
 Kitty Kitty
02-08-2004, 4:02 AM
You can alternately just give proficiency in lightsaber to any class you want. A little bit of minor editing in the 2da will make it happen.

Heck, you could even give it out as a freebie to every class in the game if you felt like it.

But regardless of HOW you go about doing it, there's no way you're going to wind up with anyone using a saber and being "so bad at it they hurt themselves" or the like. If there's some way we could do this in the game, I suspect it would come in the form of some rather complex scripting.

-Kitty
 Weiser_Cain
02-08-2004, 6:28 AM
I wonder if we could get Deadeye to drop a lightsaber on his foot.
 Kitty Kitty
02-08-2004, 6:47 AM
That would actually be pretty easy.

Well, by comparison anyway. I've already made it so Svelen (whatever her name is) pulls out a lightsaber instead of a sword when she goes to melee.. So I'm pretty sure the same sort of effect could be used to have Deadeye use a saber instead of the pistol.

The only trick would come in where the game's "on ground" models are concerned and the scripting for that "cutscene". We'd have to alter the script so that when it creates the dropped item and picks it back up, it uses a saber and not a pistol.

However, while not terribly "dificult", it would be rather time consuming and somewhat a pain.. so considering what a small impact it would have on the game, I don't see myself doing it soon at least. ;)

-Kitty
 Weiser_Cain
02-08-2004, 7:19 AM
Oh he doesn't pick it back up, he drops the saber it cuts his foot off i laugh(Recived Dark Points) and the fight is over.
alot harder but at least its funny.
Page: 1 of 1