Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting PC custom robe skin in game

Page: 1 of 1
 Prime
02-07-2004, 5:45 PM
I am looking at making a custom jedi robe skin for Revan. Basically, I only want to change the Jedi or Jedi Master robe used by the player. I can't seem to get it to work, and I have a few questions. Here is what I have done so far.

- Using the KOTOR_tool:
> Looked ERFs\TexturePacks\swpc_tex_tpa.erf
> Found PFBI01.tpc which looked like the normal brownish jedi robe
> Extracted this texture
- Using tpc2tga.exe, I converted PFBI01.tpc to PFBI01.tga
- Using Paintshop Pro, I edited the texture and saved it.
- Took the .tga file and put it in the Override directory.

Alas, the robe was not replaced when I loaded a saved game and switched to the default jedi robe. So, I have a few questions:

1. In the TexturePacks, there is swpc_tex_tpa.erf, swpc_tex_tpb.erf, and swpc_tex_tpc.erf. As far as I can tell the textures are the same for each, except some are higher res than others (tpa is the highest I think). What are these different textures used for? Which set relates to the player character clothing skins?

2. Are the player textures different than the NPC textures for the same clothing?

3. What do I have to do with the converted and edited .tga to get it in the game? Do I just need to put it in the Override folder? Do I need to start a new game or can it be used from a saved game?

4. Does clothing that seems to use the same texture, such as the default brown jedi and jedi master robes, actually use the same texture? Does replacing that one texture affect all of them?

5. Am I missing any obvious steps? What do I have to do to edit the skin for the jedi robes for the PC?

Thanks to anyone that can point me in the right direction :)
 Stator
02-07-2004, 6:39 PM
Have you tried starting a new game and/or giving yourself a robe via the console? I remember reading in another post that item changes don't affect items that you already possess. I may be mistaken so don't take this for gospel. Just a thought though that may help.

Stator
 Prime
02-07-2004, 7:47 PM
I have figured out my problem. Apparently there are texture copies for both males and females. I had thoughI had first edited PFBI01.tga which I found to be the female robes, as my changes only showed up when I tried them on Bastila. Then on a hunch I looked for PMBI01.tpc and sure enough it was there. I edited that and now my male characters have the changes.

So that works fine, but ideally I'd like the changes to only apply when the player character uses the robes, and not when the NPCs use it. Is this possible?
 Shimaon
02-07-2004, 8:58 PM
yeah, you'd have to edit appearance.2da so that only the player models use the texture.
 Prime
02-09-2004, 7:34 PM
Page: 1 of 1