Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

unbalanced sabers?

Page: 1 of 1
 Ellderon
02-06-2004, 6:34 PM
Is it just me or are two sabers the best solution out there.

First you have a single saber...2-12 (or was it 16) damage +2 upgreade posible and +5 to attack if you have Master Dueling

Next, saberstaff.....2-16 damage, 2 upgreades possible (does the saber-staff damage count as hitting with each end? - i.e., 2-16 for each end of the sabre?)

And finaly, two sabers...2-12(16) each + 2 upgreades each, result in a deadly combo...far superior to all others..

Now...with the new two-handed uber-saber MOD, things are starting to look up, but the question is...should something be done to balance them better, especially the saber-staff?
 Shimaon
02-07-2004, 2:11 AM
Originally posted by Ellderon
Is it just me or are two sabers the best solution out there.

First you have a single saber...2-12 (or was it 16) damage +2 upgreade posible and +5 to attack if you have Master Dueling

Next, saberstaff.....2-16 damage, 2 upgreades possible (does the saber-staff damage count as hitting with each end? - i.e., 2-16 for each end of the sabre?)

And finaly, two sabers...2-12(16) each + 2 upgreades each, result in a deadly combo...far superior to all others..

Now...with the new two-handed uber-saber MOD, things are starting to look up, but the question is...should something be done to balance them better, especially the saber-staff?
Er, the double-bladed lightsaber's upgrades affect both blades, thus it's the same as having two sabers with identical upgrades, only its actually a tad bit better because its balanced as well, whereas the same method with a saber and shortsaber would produve slightly less damage, so technically, the double-bladed is superior (plus it lets you use HotG or MotF with two blades).
 Kitty Kitty
02-07-2004, 2:23 AM
However, using two sabers not only allows you to (if you wish) use BOTH HotG and MotF crystals, but also gives you 4 possible upgrades instead of two, which allow for a more versatile pool of upgrades.

For example, you might want to configure the primary one for the max possible damage and/or insane criticals, while perhaps the other for more defensive bonuses like lots of stuns or bolt defelction capabilities etc.

So really, either has their advantages and disadvantages. Mostly just a matter of your own play style and which upgrades you prefer etc.

-Kitty
 T7nowhere
02-07-2004, 2:35 AM
When you think about it the double blade should really have 5 slots sinse it is two sabers in one hilt.

I think bioware fixed the doubleblade in the 1.02 so the offhand gets -2 hit points.

edit : ya they did fix it
- Removed the +2 bonus to the offhand attack when wielding a balanced weapon in the offhand or when wielding a double bladed weapon.
 Drakron
02-07-2004, 2:39 AM
No because its a lightstaff, not a "Maul is too stupid to build one and so glues two sabers to make one and hopes nobody notices it" lightsaber.
 F-Bomb
02-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Personally, I like the dual saber approach. I like having a different set of upgrades. In my good hand, my saber is configured for high critical hits. In the off hand, my other saber is made to deliver stun.

I agree that in 1.01 the double saber is the current reigning champion as far as damage goes, but I think that the advantage of two different effects outweighs that.
Page: 1 of 1