Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

k_inc_force.nss file

Page: 1 of 1
 Pyccalo
02-06-2004, 2:39 PM
Hello All,

I’ve been working on increasing the time that force aura (and all following) works.

I found the code in k_inc_force.nss file, but being as it’s an includes file, nwnnsscomp doesn’t work on it. So I dug through the other files and found the k_sp1_generic.nss file. I made my changes to the k_inc_force.nss file:

Changed: Sp_ApplyEffects(FALSE, oTarget, 0.0, 1, eLink1, 20.0, eLink2, 3.0);
To: Sp_ApplyEffects(FALSE, oTarget, 0.0, 1, eLink1, 60.0, eLink2, 3.0);

I put both of those files (and k_inc_debug.nss) in my Override folder and complied the code. Now when I execute a force power, the character looks like he’s executing a power and his force points go down, but nothing happens. I’m using nwnexplorer to view and export the file and kotorcomp.zip (nwnnsscomp) to compile the code. If anyone has any help, or can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.
 Kitty Kitty
02-06-2004, 9:22 PM
After quite a bit of testing, I've decided that command line compiler is bugged.

I used it to compile default, unmodified source script files, and the compiled versions neither matched the ones already provided (whcih they should) nor did they work.

In fact, the problem you mentioned was one of the things I saw happen myself due to the compiled script being broken =/

Soooo... I use the NWN Toolset with Jawa's KotOR! mod doohickey to compile scripts, which seems to work perfectly.

-Kitty
 Pyccalo
02-09-2004, 2:05 PM
Thanks Kitty,

That worked perfectly. I did have to reinstall NWN since I had the expansion already installed, but once I did that it worked out perfectly.

:monkey4:
 bneezy21
02-10-2004, 10:48 AM
I never thought of doing that to the scripts in order to increase the duration of force powers. Can you PLEASE change the Master Valor, Master Speed, and Force Armor to 60 seconds and compile them for me. Send them to bneezy@hotmail.com. Thank you so much in advance.
 clydeski
02-13-2004, 8:08 PM
Kitty Kitty

Where can i find the NWN Toolset with Jawa's KotOR! mod doohickey you mentioned? I've found a couple KOTOR script compilers but I';m not sure I'm getting the stuff you suggested.

Thanks.
 Kitty Kitty
02-13-2004, 10:55 PM
The NWN toolset comes with NWN. AFAIK, there's no other way to get it. Also, you have to install a fresh (no add ons etc) version of NWN to get the thing to work for KotOR.

The addon which allows you to work with KotOR scripts (By Li'l Jawa) can be found at his site The Sith Resource (http://www.sith-res.tk/). Or at the direct link here (http://w1.842.telia.com/~u84203091/KOTOR_MODULE.zip).

-Kitty
 clydeski
02-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Kitty Kitty

Thanks for the help.
 clydeski
02-14-2004, 11:35 AM
I've got the NWN Toolset. I've installed the KOTOR Builder module.

This is new to me so a couple questions.

1. To get kotor scripts into the NWNtoolset, copy the nss files into NWN\modules\temp0. Can only be done when NWNtoolset is running.

2. Mod and compile. Then before shutting down NWNtoolset, copy nss and ncs files out of temp0 and put the ncs files into SWKotOR\Override.

This seems to work for me. I was wondering if there was a better less klunky way.

Thanks for the help.
Page: 1 of 1