Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

"New" Female PC and freebie item mods

Page: 1 of 1
 Kitty Kitty
02-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Just for kicks I went ahead and uploaded my custom character (female) which adds a head rather than replacing one and works with all 3 starting classes, as well as a little hack-mod that allows you to get unlimited amounts of the "freebie items" all the NPCs on the ebon hawk make for you (grenades, stims, health kits, spikes, etc).

I wanted a character with a different look than was offered, albeit it's not exactly a major difference or anything. She does come with a full set of portraits though, as well as the full set of skin changes for the 5 "states" if you decide to use her for a dark side character.

As for the items cheat doohickey.. I just figured that after like 12 games, it might be nice to have an unlimited supply of those items and/or the cash they allow you to make if you decide to sell batches of them.

Anyways, they're posted on my site along with all the other junk I've done so far, which are all available on my home page. It's linked in the Sticky thread. Once at the site, just click Games or Projects from the main menu (top left panel) and then find the KotOR text link there. :)

-Kitty
 CDRSeadog
02-05-2004, 7:31 PM
My compliments. Your new female head is a work of art - now - if we only had a female, and the know-how, to match your lovely redhead's attributes with a decidely Cockney accent - I'd be in seventh heaven (having a weakness for both redheads and, worse, redheads with a deep British accent) *chuckles again*
 Kitty Kitty
02-05-2004, 8:34 PM
Thankee. :)

I dinked around in photoshop and updated the 4th screen shot in order to show the face a bit better (I just used the pics I made for her profile shots), but eh. :)

And yeah.. some custom voice acting would be nice. If I could fake a British accent well enough and knew what I was doing for the purposes of recording all the dialogue, I'd give it a try.. but sadly, I don't think I'm quite qualified in either aspect lol :)

-Kitty
 thenewguy
02-06-2004, 12:44 AM
heh your female looks like a wh0re with that excessive blue eyeliner. reminds me this street lady i always see waving at cars on my way home from work! very nice
 Closter
02-06-2004, 1:09 AM
Just a simple question i try your model but she seem to run faster thant the normal model ?
 CaspER sX
02-06-2004, 1:30 AM
Amazing. I always liked the designs on the face (Like Uthar and Yuthara), and the white skin. I wish all the fully dark faces had those designs. Wonderful job.
 Kitty Kitty
02-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Well... she was never meant to be a whore...

But then.. any of you males ever try to blend eye shadow in a TGA? It's a lot harder than you might think (if you want the effect to appear at all anyways)

But thanks for all the kind comments everyone. :)

As to why she seems to run faster than normal.. I honestly have no idea. I never changed anything that should affect her movement in any way. What's causing that is completely beyond me.. I've checked and double checked her here, and she seems to move at the same speed as any other model.. so... =/

(if anyone manages to figure that bug out, please let me know so I can fix it)

-Kitty
 T7nowhere
02-07-2004, 5:46 AM
I had a wierd little thing happen when I switched the DS starforge robes for the Reven moddle and texture. When I was in battle the camera would move with my character so when ever my char ducked, parryied or was hit hard the whole screen would shake and move. It was actually kinda cool effect.

So I don't know what my point was,but it could just be that the game reacts oddly to what would seem to be minor changes.

I actually thought your reskin was really good. that is one of my favorite player models.
 dstumpf
02-07-2004, 10:15 AM
It seems like two of the entries in appearance.2da are messed up.

In line 511 the entry for driveanimwalk should be 1.6 instead of 1,6. And the entry for driveanimrun should be 3.96 instead of 3,96.
 Kitty Kitty
02-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Not sure what's up with that T7... haven't ever managed to get it to do anything like you're describing, so hard to know what the deal is =/

And thanks for the bug report dstumpf. I double checked and you're quite right. Eyes must have been tired.

For those who don't feel like editing it themselves, I'm updating the zip file on my site, and also going to put in a link to grab just the appearance.2da file (fixed now) as well. :)

-Kitty
 Shimaon
02-07-2004, 5:27 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
I had a wierd little thing happen when I switched the DS starforge robes for the Reven moddle and texture. When I was in battle the camera would move with my character so when ever my char ducked, parryied or was hit hard the whole screen would shake and move. It was actually kinda cool effect.

So I don't know what my point was,but it could just be that the game reacts oddly to what would seem to be minor changes.

I actually thought your reskin was really good. that is one of my favorite player models.
That happens when you use an NPCs model and texture alot... I noticed it with CloakWorks.
 T7nowhere
02-08-2004, 1:39 AM
Originally posted by Shimaon
That happens when you use an NPCs model and texture alot... I noticed it with CloakWorks.

hmm. ok, but what is the trigger. Is it just simply useing too many npc's skins and models or is it because of leaving the npc's unchanged when your useing there models.
 AKira Core
02-14-2004, 3:45 PM
dont mess with the camera atributs in the files that coold do all sorts of werd thengs
Page: 1 of 1