Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Screenshots

Page: 1 of 1
 Skinkie
02-05-2004, 2:13 AM
Why hasn't THIS (http://adventuregamers.com/newsitem.php?id=420) been mentioned in this forum yet? It's everywhere else.
 flint paper
02-05-2004, 8:51 AM
Looking good. From the complete article, what is that useless thingamabob in Sam’s hand? It is obvious it is alluding to Nintendo’s game boy. Perhaps it is the item that allows Sam and max to replay mini games that they have already finished (as hinted at in a previous article).

The Desoto looks a little crumby though. And what does the text box say?
 JBlink
02-06-2004, 3:41 AM
I think the blue thing is the modern equivelant of the green "use" command. Wasn't it supposed to be one of Sam's squeaky toys?

Who's a good dog?
 Jake
02-06-2004, 5:07 AM
The text box says something about using the answering machine.

The blue thing Sam's holding is some weird digital device that has made a home in Sam's pocket, and can be used for re-playing the mini-games (Stemmle talks about this weird device in the PC Gamer interview that's linked as one of the earlier news items on the Unofficial's news page)
 manny_c444
02-06-2004, 7:06 PM
Well I think the screenshots are full 3d. CGW and Lucasarts have stated that the game will be full 3d, and the office in the screenshots is not identical to the artwork previosuly shown on this website. Besides 3d backgrounds were put into good use in Broken Sword 3 and at times the graphics were quite impressive, and would easily be able to fool someone into thinking they were pre-rendered (if you were looking at a tiny little screen shot).

It seems that they are starting to turn on some media attention, and my bets are on some much bigger screenshots and much bigger information soon. Because if a mag like "hyper" has a preview, sites like Gamespot can't be far behind.
 manny_c444
02-06-2004, 7:09 PM
I forgot to mention that the CGW mini-article has Sam and Max in there 3d form and I think they are in-game models. They look pretty much identical to the trailer models, which is to say, they look awesome.
 Brodieman
02-08-2004, 2:31 AM
It's looking good. It'll be great to play another Sam N Max game (i'm almost sick of replaying hit the road ad nauseum). :)
 Udvarnoky
02-09-2004, 1:38 AM
..we don't get sick of playing Hit the Road. We...LOVE....Hit the Road....
 Skinkie
02-09-2004, 1:57 AM
Amen.
 flint paper
02-09-2004, 3:31 AM
I just borrowed my friends hyper (yesh, I am Australian). The text box reads:

"Look at answering machine.
Check answering machine"

Yet there is a finger over it. This has led me to believe that they have removed the symbols that we loved so much (walk, look, talk, pick up, use) and replaced them with windows. This is not the biggest change from the original, but I liked the little symbols.
 samandmaxfiend
02-09-2004, 8:31 AM
man i was just looking through hyper at the newsagency and couldnt find it..what month is it? and where abts is it ? near the back?
Page: 1 of 1