Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Malak's Saber mod

Page: 1 of 1
 T7nowhere
02-04-2004, 1:11 AM
I just thought I would show a couple pics of a little saber mod I am almost finnished.

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=2666888&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1)

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=2666887&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1)

All of the Lightsabers in the pics are fully upgradeable including Malaks. :) :slsaber: :duel:

my site (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/SW-KotOR%20Modding.htm)

Download (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/GotL+%20KnightStaff.rar)
 Shimaon
02-04-2004, 1:30 AM
Very very nice...

Any idea when it might be released?

Also, if you need a host for it, email it to me at webmaster@gknetworks.net and I'll put it up for ya.

Shimaon
 T7nowhere
02-04-2004, 1:46 AM
I have tommow off. So I should be done at the latest by early Thursday.

I don't think i'll need a host, IM trying to get my own site up I have some free web space from my ISP,but I haven't used it yet so I'll see how it works.

I will keep you in mind Shimaon If it doesn't work out.
 Supreme Cracker
02-04-2004, 2:22 PM
Looks great :D cant wait to get hold of it, great work :cool:
 Supreme-Lord
02-04-2004, 3:47 PM
Nice T7. Your sabercolor looks awesome, cant wait :saberb:
 JacenRPrime
02-04-2004, 6:54 PM
Does this mod make Bastila's special lightsaber (cheat only, g_w_dblsbr006) upgradeable too, since it usually isn't upgradable.
 Darth Stryke
02-04-2004, 7:10 PM
Very Nice work T7, It is good to see that your discoveries (as well as Jules Windu's) in the saber thread are making some great mods like this. Keep up the good work!
 T7nowhere
02-04-2004, 8:06 PM
Originally posted by JacenRPrime
Does this mod make Bastila's special lightsaber (cheat only, g_w_dblsbr006) upgradeable too, since it usually isn't upgradable.

I didn't even realize that was Bastilai's saber, but no That one won't be avalible yet. Most saber Templates won't upgrade :( I haven't figured out what is stopping them from being upgadable :rolleyes: very annoying.
For instance I haven't been able to make a single upgradable shortsabre

But there is a way to give a new saber any attributes or color you want you want. It's just that some Templates are sorta broken.
 Ellderon
02-04-2004, 8:44 PM
YES!

Someone is finally making a two-handed lightsaber!

T7nowhere, you rock!

I have to asK:
- how did you manage to do that? I tought one cannot modify Malak's saber (change the crystal)
- does it require both hands?
 Shimaon
02-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
I didn't even realize that was Bastilai's saber, but no That one won't be avalible yet. Most saber Templates won't upgrade :( I haven't figured out what is stopping them from being upgadable :rolleyes: very annoying.
For instance I haven't been able to make a single upgradable shortsabre

But there is a way to give a new saber any attributes or color you want you want. It's just that some Templates are sorta broken.
About Bastilla's lightsaber...
It usually automatically equips on her if shes even with you (so basically, any time after Taris and before the Leviathan) because its the saber used in the cutscene with her an Malak on the Leviathan.

YES!

Someone is finally making a two-handed lightsaber!

T7nowhere, you rock!

I have to asK:
- how did you manage to do that? I tought one cannot modify Malak's saber (change the crystal)
- does it require both hands?
Actually... any lightsaber is used with two hands if you don't have another weapon in your off-hand...

BTW, yes, Vision of Escaflowne does rule
 eidospsogos
02-04-2004, 10:17 PM
uhm, regular sabers in this game are held with two hands. and yes malak's saber itself is not fully upgradable in the sense that if the crystal is removed it reverts. but, names of items can be localized. what i would like to know, is how you got it to load malak's saber texture without running into the you can't remove the red crsytal problem? i admit i only played with this briefly, but using malak's model reference in the item file always seemed to bring about the unremovable color crystal. i guess it could be done by skinning a shortsabre with malak's saber skin. but if you feel like sharing i'd love to know.
 T7nowhere
02-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Im not actually useing the Template for Malaks Saber . It is one I made from scatch (yes i know thats the hard way but it works) and The crystal is not the one you would find in Malaks I made my own Crystal that I am useing for The Saber so that in the game Malak still has his Saber looking the way it should.

what i would like to know, is how you got it to load malak's saber texture without running into the you can't remove the red crsytal problem?

It's all in the .mdl
Actually the thing about the way i did it is you can move the crystal to another saber of the same type and the attributes will move with the crystal although I don't see the point in doing that.

I am also going to Rewrite a tutorial on how to make a saber.I just need to find some time to do it.

I am finished the the malakesk saber plus a double Saber. I just need to get my a site up.

Both sabers are lightside restricted with some added attributes to make them a little more deadly.
 Shimaon
02-05-2004, 12:19 AM
Nice. Can't wait for it.

If the web space thing doesn't work out my offer to host is always open.

Shimaon
 Muskrat
02-05-2004, 1:13 AM
why lightside restricted? No love for the evil bastards? you suck :p the power of the dark side will consume you!
 eidospsogos
02-05-2004, 1:22 AM
i'm pretty sure the power of the darkside only consumes those who use it. as they are the ones who rot and fall apart. :)
 Kitty Kitty
02-05-2004, 1:27 AM
There is no death... there is the force.

...Well... maybe except when the force is used to open a can of serious whoop-a$$ on some poor fool. But hey... give us some leeway here. We Jedi are pretty set in our ways.. including sayings that may or may not actually make any sense. ;)

-Kitty
 T7nowhere
02-05-2004, 1:41 AM
I will make Darkside Sabers as well I just thought the color fit the Lightside better. I am also thinking of making class resticted item and weapons.

So I will be willing to listen to any requests.
 ruptorus
02-05-2004, 2:48 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
I will make Darkside Sabers as well I just thought the color fit the Lightside better. I am also thinking of making class resticted item and weapons.

So I will be willing to listen to any requests.

i am a co-founder of a site called "Third-Core Networks" and we offer webhosting to folks for FREE. We have quite a large server, actually. I am pretty sure it is about 20GB of free space. You can talk to the administrator of Third-Core, my friend, Johan_Tayn. Just go to the website, join the forums...don't worry, most of us there are Star Wars fans and a lot of us have KotOR. get yourself noted, talk to some folks there, preferably the mods, or PM johan or e-mail him. however, we only host those folks who can build a decent website (HTML, CSS, or one you can make in FrontPage) it doesn't have to be extremely fancy or anything like that, but just nice looking. ;)

just go to www.third-core.org)
 T7nowhere
02-05-2004, 4:15 AM
Originally posted by ruptorus
i am a co-founder of a site called "Third-Core Networks" and we offer webhosting to folks for FREE. We have quite a large server, actually. I am pretty sure it is about 20GB of free space. You can talk to the administrator of Third-Core, my friend, Johan_Tayn. Just go to the website, join the forums...don't worry, most of us there are Star Wars fans and a lot of us have KotOR. get yourself noted, talk to some folks there, preferably the mods, or PM johan or e-mail him. however, we only host those folks who can build a decent website (HTML, CSS, or one you can make in FrontPage) it doesn't have to be extremely fancy or anything like that, but just nice looking. ;)

just go to www.third-core.org)

Thanks for the offer.

OK my site is up :D

I want to here if you like or if you hate it or if you have suggestions to Improve upcoming mods. I hope this all works. :dsaber:
 ruptorus
02-05-2004, 4:24 AM
your page isn't working
 T7nowhere
02-05-2004, 4:37 AM
Originally posted by ruptorus
your page isn't working

Ok try again.I just went to it on my roommates PC. so it should work.
 ruptorus
02-05-2004, 4:44 AM
k...thanks
 Ellderon
02-05-2004, 1:59 PM
Originally posted by Shimaon

Actually... any lightsaber is used with two hands if you don't have another weapon in your off-hand...

BTW, yes, Vision of Escaflowne does rule

Atually, when I said does it use two hands, I ment, does it have the two-hand restriction (liek the double saber - you can't put anything else in your off hand)

The best Anime EVAR!!!!!
 T7nowhere
02-05-2004, 3:58 PM
Originally posted by Ellderon
Atually, when I said does it use two hands, I ment, does it have the two-hand restriction (liek the double saber - you can't put anything else in your off hand)

The best Anime EVAR!!!!!

I didn't think of that, but it's a cool idea. I had to make a new entry in Baseitems.2da for my Lightsaber Which I call "Guardian of the Light" . I tested it in game and it works perfectly. The saber still acts like a single but it also use's both hands slots.just equipe in the right hand and slash away :) I'll get it up in a few min.

Ok, My Saber mod is up. go here to see the stats

I justed dl'd and tested my saber mod and I discovered that the change I made broke the force jump power so i'll try to fix it. I do want to keep it as a two handed saber.i'll leave the link up for now and update as soon as it's fixed :confused: very annoying.
 Stator
02-05-2004, 5:21 PM
Nice work T7. The sabers look cool and they are rather powerful with their bonuses. I am currently playing a dark consular so it will be a few before I test these light side weapons. All in all, great work though.

Stator
 drakenon
02-05-2004, 5:59 PM
T7 these sabers rock!!! I can hardly wait to get back from work and add these in. Extremely powerful, and looks like they are upgradable. Also Thanks for the tutorial on creating custom sabers, I couldn't decide what to try with modding first. :duel: :lsduel: :ang3:
 T7nowhere
02-05-2004, 7:02 PM
EDIT: Ok here is the thing with the two handed lightsaber thing it is possible to do it but Im going to take it out of my mod for until I can figure out how to get it to work with Force jump.

my site (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/SW-KotOR%20Modding.htm)
 Ellderon
02-06-2004, 9:40 AM
Thank you!:D
Page: 1 of 1