Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making your Own Lightsabers

Page: 1 of 1
 ruptorus
02-03-2004, 3:42 AM
How would I attempt to even start this? I was maybe thinking of making a new type of lightsaber, not a new model, not a new color but a special lightsaber that I could make...

Example, in the equipment screen it would say "Ruptorus' Lightsaber" with my own stats and energy levels and such...what programs do I need?
 gameunlimited
02-03-2004, 4:02 AM
You can get away doing it with the GFFEditor and Kotor_Tool, both listed on the download list thread, check the sticky thread on this forum.

However, you have to know which files to edit, and that can be quite overwhelming if you are new to KotOR modding. this has been discussed extensively in one of the other thread. Basically it involves doing these:

1. Create a new crystal file.

2. Create a new lightsaber file.

Note: you dont have to start from scratch to create these two new files. You can just copy from the existing crystal and lightsaber files and modify them to suit your need, and renaming them to create new items. These files are the g_w_sbrcrstl01.uti for the crystal file and g_w_lghtsbr01.uti for the sabre. These can be opened using the KotOR_Tool and are found at BIFs --> Templates.

3. Assign the crystal item to the lightsaber in the upcrystals.2da and upgrade.2da found in the BIFs --> 2da.

4. The stats of the sabre can be altered in the lightsabre file under the category "PropertyList"

5. You can create a new texture for the sabre but it involves some more hex editing of the model file.

Basically that's about it
 ruptorus
02-04-2004, 2:34 AM
okay, what specific files do i need because it is not working...does anybody know what specific files i need, specifically what i need to do...

i tried giving my lightsaber a name and a description and the GFFEditor wouldn't let me do it...the text space was disabled...
 Shimaon
02-05-2004, 1:56 AM
Jules Windu made a really good tutorial on it... but its only in Spanish at the moment, and due to technical terms, it doesn't translate well through online translators, so your best bet is to wait till she gets an English version up.

Shimaon
 ruptorus
02-05-2004, 2:38 AM
Originally posted by Shimaon
Jules Windu made a really good tutorial on it... but its only in Spanish at the moment, and due to technical terms, it doesn't translate well through online translators, so your best bet is to wait till she gets an English version up.

Shimaon

i always make the wrong choice. i speak French very fluently, but i know NO Spanish...

i have been taking French since I was in first grade...and now I am a senior in high school...so basically I know about the entire language.
Page: 1 of 1