Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

All Skills Class Skills?

Page: 1 of 1
 Shimaon
02-01-2004, 11:44 PM
Hey ya'll modders...

Any chance one of you could do me a favor and make a mod that allows all skills to be class skills for every class? (If not for every class, then just the 6 player classes)

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Shimaon
 eidospsogos
02-01-2004, 11:57 PM
already have one, in fact i'll just send you all my override files.

classpowergain makes sure you can get all the universal powers, and all the powers of your chosen alignment. featgain makes sure you gain every feat possible to gain. feats does away with class specific feats. and though it does focus on the scout sentinal path, it doesn't really matter as all feats, inclusing class specific feats are made available to this class path. force focus, force jump, scoundrel's luck, sneak attack, you name it, he get's it. :)

i changed a few thing in the classes section to allow for all the other characters to achieve the soldier's attack bonus, and upped the scouts skill points, as well as the recommended stats. so that when you go through the character creation process, hit recommended and it will give you all 15's regardless of your 30 point spend limit. :)

i also changed a couple of things specifically for the scout and sentinel. think that must have been for saving throws.

anyway, i'll email them to you, and you can host them if you like and put a link up to them. i need to get rid of all this stuff as it's taking away from time that needs to be spent on other things. if you want i'll include the armor from before, as well as some alterations i made to the star forge robes for the heck of it. :) i need this stuff gone, but don't want it gone forever. :)
 Stator
02-02-2004, 12:26 AM
You went all they way eidos. I stopped short of what you did with my version. I gave all of the feats and powers at level 1 but I didn't change the class specific values. I felt that would simply rule out the choice of which class to take since you get everything. Still a good mod and thanks again for the help to get my version finished.

Stator
 Shimaon
02-02-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by eidospsogos
already have one, in fact i'll just send you all my override files.

classpowergain makes sure you can get all the universal powers, and all the powers of your chosen alignment. featgain makes sure you gain every feat possible to gain. feats does away with class specific feats. and though it does focus on the scout sentinal path, it doesn't really matter as all feats, inclusing class specific feats are made available to this class path. force focus, force jump, scoundrel's luck, sneak attack, you name it, he get's it. :)

i changed a few thing in the classes section to allow for all the other characters to achieve the soldier's attack bonus, and upped the scouts skill points, as well as the recommended stats. so that when you go through the character creation process, hit recommended and it will give you all 15's regardless of your 30 point spend limit. :)

i also changed a couple of things specifically for the scout and sentinel. think that must have been for saving throws.

anyway, i'll email them to you, and you can host them if you like and put a link up to them. i need to get rid of all this stuff as it's taking away from time that needs to be spent on other things. if you want i'll include the armor from before, as well as some alterations i made to the star forge robes for the heck of it. :) i need this stuff gone, but don't want it gone forever. :)
hmm...
Alrighty, I'm not sure whether or not what you did actually accomplishes what I wanted, heh, what I'm looking for is a way to make all the skills class skills (so every skill can be maxed out per level and only need 1 point to be spent on it). Also, do you think there would be a way to kinda merge your featgain and classpowergaing with the featgain and classpowergain from this mod (http://alvin777t.tripod.com/) that gives you 99 feats and powers every level and such? It seems like a lot to ask, but KotOR is slowly losing its spark (play-wise, not modding-wise) for me, heh, and I am attempting to restore it a bit by creating a god among men of sorts out of my character.
Also, I don't know whether or not you sent it, but I haven't got any email yet, and if my request above is not do-able or you just don't have the time (which is understandable, I'd do it myself, but the unicode on some of the 2DAs is kinda hard for me to figure out), then go ahead and send it to webmaster@gknetworks.net and I'll put it up for everyone.

Thanks,
Shimaon

Off-Topic: I need a less burdensome way to sign posts, does Shi sound like a good nickname?

EDIT: IGNORE MY REQUEST
Please just go ahead and send the stuff, I realized that opening the stuff up with Fred's 2DA editor makes it one heck of alot easier to understand, so its all good now... heh *n00bness*

Edit Numero Dos: Alrighty, I think I got the hang of all this... stuff... you can still send me your files if you want and I'll host them, but I am gonna try to put together a mod that basically lets you max out every skill, get every feat, and every power... etc, etc.

"Shi - The Strange One"
 eidospsogos
02-02-2004, 1:14 AM
well to be honest with you, there's not a reason in the world to give yourself 99 feats per level. i gave myselkf either 3 or 5 per level, and by level 17 i was out of feats. as for the powergain, i specifically set it up for it to cut off at 30, as that is your total of universal powers and all of one alignment powers. i thought it was sillty to give yourself powers that it would cost an ungodly amount of forcepoints.

but yes i did change all skills so that they are all class skills for every class. they will only cost one point. and you will get more skill piints than usual as well.

i'll take the time to throw a readme together tomorrow and email the stuff to you. i'll have to organize it a bit as well. :) but it will give me the chance to get rid of it without it being gone forever.
 Shimaon
02-02-2004, 1:42 AM
Originally posted by eidospsogos
well to be honest with you, there's not a reason in the world to give yourself 99 feats per level. i gave myselkf either 3 or 5 per level, and by level 17 i was out of feats. as for the powergain, i specifically set it up for it to cut off at 30, as that is your total of universal powers and all of one alignment powers. i thought it was sillty to give yourself powers that it would cost an ungodly amount of forcepoints.

but yes i did change all skills so that they are all class skills for every class. they will only cost one point. and you will get more skill piints than usual as well.

i'll take the time to throw a readme together tomorrow and email the stuff to you. i'll have to organize it a bit as well. :) but it will give me the chance to get rid of it without it being gone forever.
ah, but the 99 thing, in conjunction with removing the level requirement for feats, allows you to get every feat the first time you level up when you put the mod in Override.

Also, if possible, could you do me a favor?
When you email me all of the stuff, can you add a seperate feat.2da that basically automatically gains every class exclusive-autogain feat (ie sneak attack) at level one of the 3 main player classes, and lets you automatically gain every automatically gained class exclusive jedi feat at level 1 of every jedi class? If its too much, I understand, but it'd really help me out and I'd give you a HUGE thanks when I post the mod its part of.

Shi
 eidospsogos
02-02-2004, 1:53 AM
uhhh.....i do not think you can award a character every feat at level 1. whenever i awarded feats, if i had more than ten feats per level awarded, the game locked up and shut down.
 Stator
02-02-2004, 2:07 AM
You can award a pc all of the feats at level one. You just have to select them individually and not use the recommend button. Using this button will cause the game to crash. Also make the number of feats awarded for the rest of the levels be zero. I have this working without any problems right now. I just need to test further to determine if it will affect the npcs when they level up.

Stator
 Yahaway
02-02-2004, 3:55 AM
What was that editor we all used for Baldur's Gate called?..."Shadowgate" or something? Anyway, it was a great editor...too bad we can't make same for KotOR.

Anyway, GFF-Edy won't fix the problem with leveling up your Jedi companions -with having 99 power points. I would suggest limiting the number of points to as many power feats there are (30-ish) rather than 99! That would solve the problem.

Since there's a cap on levels (20), you could divide the number of Force Feats gained per level by 20 (round down if need be). THis way, there is still that incintive for the player to earn experience while gaining everything by lvl 20.
 eidospsogos
02-03-2004, 1:38 AM
oh, you mean you can manually selct all feats. i said award feats. you know as in at level 1 you automatically gain this feat. that is being awarded a feat. having to manually select one is not being awarded a feat, it is using a feat point to manually gaina feat. you can program the game to automatically give you x amount of feats per level, which requires the use of no feat points. but if you set this to anything more than 10, the game will lock up.

you know like scouts get free implants, and scoundrels get their sneak attack and scoundrel's luck. simply a semantical misunderstanding.
 Stator
02-03-2004, 10:05 AM
This is what I did. First I removed the level requirements for all of the feats. Then I raised the number of feats at level one for the pc to be able to acquire all of the applicable feats for their class. I didn't make all feats selectable for every class though. That would have negated any reason to play different classes for me. Just my personal preference. Next, I changed the feat gain to zero for the rest of the levels. Why keep awarding feat points when all have been selected at level one?

Through my testing, I discovered that this method also affected the npcs. I then extracted the .utc files for the party member npcs and added all applicable feats to their feat list. Now they have all of their applicable feats.

I did the exact same procedure for the force powers. It was tedious work but I am pleased with how it worked out. Now when someone levels up, I simply select their skills and continue playing.

Stator
 eidospsogos
02-03-2004, 10:34 PM
yeah i knew it was possible to GAIN all feats at level 1. but you cannot grant more than 10 feats per level. by grant i mean feats that are awarded automatically at certain levels. like the soldier getting all armor proficienciea automaticvally. or the scout getting all implant levels automatically. feats that are simply given, without you having to use feat points. like the scoundrel at level 1 receives scoundrel's luck and sneak attack 1 free of charge. they are just granted. to grant feats you change the number from 1, which means the feat is listed, to 3, which means it's granted. then you change the -1 beside it, to what level you want the feat to be given to you at. in this case, you cannot GRANT a character more than 10 feats per level, or the game will lock up and crash.

oh, and shimaon, did you get the files? i got an email from someone today asking for permission to use some of my mods, and i pointed him in the direction of your site if he wanted any more. so, just asking.

[Edit] oh and shimaon, if i remember correctly the one you are interested in is classes.2da, i know it contains the skills point base which i changed to allow more skill points, and the calss skill entry i THINK is in there as well. but it may be in skills.2da. if you have kotor tool it should be easy to figure out.
 Unabomber
02-03-2004, 11:39 PM
I think I know what you want to achieve.

You want to eliminate cross-classed skills, allowing you to level up all skills with only one point at a time, instead of two points, regardless of the class you're playing.

Is this correct?

If so, please get this file:
http://www.unafiles.hpg.ig.com.br/skills.2da)

And place it in your /override folder.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!
 Shimaon
02-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Yep, I got them, sorry though, I was just a bit slow in getting them up.

Download eidospsogos's Override (http://www.gknetworks.net/kotor/Overrides.zip)
 eidospsogos
02-04-2004, 1:30 AM
yeah that's the file. you just change all the 0's to 1. that was the first and easiest part of modding for me. :) gotta love all those skill points. well, if you edited classes.2da to give yourself extra skill points by editing your skillpoint base, that is. :) then editing skills.2da and changing all those ugly 0's to 1's will allow you to use those extra skill points with alot greater efficiency. :)
 Shimaon
02-04-2004, 1:38 AM
Wee!

Modding is slowly becoming more and more clear to me.

I am currently playing through the game with someone with the head of Master Uthar and wearing Jedi Robes that appear as Darth Bandon's armor, but have the powers of your Ultimate Exar Kun armor, and ar upgradable as well. Pretty cool, eh?

http://www.gknetworks.net/kotor/utharbandonpc1.jpg)
http://www.gknetworks.net/kotor/utharbandonpc2.jpg)
http://www.gknetworks.net/kotor/utharbandonpc3.jpg)
http://www.gknetworks.net/kotor/utharbandonpc4.jpg)
http://www.gknetworks.net/kotor/utharbandonpc5.jpg)

EDIT: Oh yeah, my "beacon of lightsaber" (play on words) is pretty cool too (see pics 2, 4, or 5)
 Supreme Cracker
02-04-2004, 2:26 PM
eidospsogos could you send me your mod to me too

:D It sounds great and i would like to try it out

tepsic7@yahoo.com
 eidospsogos
02-04-2004, 9:57 PM
the mods i have made so far are both hosted by shimaon, who has my great thanks. there is a link to my power/feats/skills override files, as well as some robe mods, and the exar kun armor that i re-designed(stat-wise, not visually). look for it above, it says eidospsogos override or something to that effect. i am not really sure any of it's good enough to ask that it be posted on kitty's resource page, but if i get enough requests i'll ask her to add it.
 Kitty Kitty
02-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Sorry Eidospsogos. Didn't mean any slight. Just hard to catch all the links from thread combing. Adding it now though. ;)

-Kitty
 eidospsogos
02-04-2004, 10:21 PM
actually i was serious. i didn't really consider my mods very much of anything. i mean there are people out there that are changing the plotline. i'm just making changes to items. :) and a few changes to the level-up system. they were really more for personal use than anything. it's flattering to have people request them, but i don't think they're that big of a deal. i don't feel the least bit slighted don't worry. :)
 Kitty Kitty
02-04-2004, 10:35 PM
One person's trash is another's treasure...

In other words.. regardless how "small" or whatnot a mod is, someone out there probably wants it, if even only to check it out and play around with it. So I figure there's no reason to exclude anything.

Besides.. it's not like my Star Forge/Revan robe combo (reskin only) was any big deal.. but I made it (and later posted it) by various requests anyway. A lot easier to just go ahead and link it up there where people can get to it than to have people hear about it somewhere and then hope you see it when they ask for it etc etc. :)

-Kitty
Page: 1 of 1