Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

All files copied, but now no music seems to play, game crashes often.

Page: 1 of 1
 Nirvana19105
02-01-2004, 1:40 AM
I have a feeling this is just more compatibility problems. After making images of the discs and extracting files from the images, i was able to copy over everything to grimdata. i was also able to enable play without cd's. My problem now lies in the sound and random crashing. sound effects and dialogue function fine, but even after copying the mus files, i don't seem to hear any music <i checked the music volume option, it's all the way up> the game also seems to crash all the time. is this just something i'll need to deal with?
 Tall Guy
02-04-2004, 6:48 PM
This has obviously come about due to you copying the files over, I'd say just play it normally without copying. I don't really think theres anythin you can do about it. its just one of those things, sometimes it works sometimes it dosnt, your system probably just didnt agree with the sounds being where they are now.
 Nirvana19105
02-04-2004, 10:55 PM
As i said in the previous topic i posted, my computers cant run it off the cd, one is too fast, and one is way too slow. the only way i can really get it to run well is on my 233 mhz pentium 2 pc running windows 98, but only off the hard drive. off the cd, the game is slow as molasses. anyway, i'd really like to play this with the music, since i've heard it's fantastic. please let me know if anyone can think of a solution.
 Thrik
02-05-2004, 5:30 PM
This is definitely turning into a pretty consistent problem with the game now. I myself had to get two .lab files sent to me because the CD just decided to cough up cylic redundancy check errors on them for no reason whatsoever.

The game is also rendered unplayable without copying the files across because when the game tries to read the music/voice labs which this error only tends to affect, it will just freeze (or run at about -38953 fps).

Maybe if you know somebody who's feeling really generous, they'll send you their copies of those specific files (although they do amount to pretty hefty sizes). Just not publically on here though, since it would be considered a tad illegal.
Page: 1 of 1