Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Music Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 saxter2004
02-01-2004, 12:07 AM
I'm working on making a music mod for the game. The first level's (Endar Spire) music has been replaced with Malak's Theme. I just started this mod three days ago. If anyone is interested let me know.

By the way, does anyone know where to get the imperial theme remix that Scott Torment (Newgrounds.com Star Wars Lo Mein) had on his website, as his site is gone?:confused::deathii:
 T7nowhere
02-01-2004, 1:06 AM
One place in KotOR that needs the music changed is Manaan. I can't stand the music there.
 saxter2004
02-01-2004, 2:10 AM
I'll replace it with the imperial march or maybe Pink Floyd music. That would be good!:D
 Unabomber
02-01-2004, 2:17 AM
It would be really cool. Maybe some Led Zeppelin, too. "No Quarter" should be playing when you walk on the sea bottom. :D
 T7nowhere
02-01-2004, 2:45 AM
Now That would give some much needed atmoshere :D. How are you going to ditribute your mod,I mean If you add music won't the mod be a little large. Adding some Classic Rock does sound cool though. :band1
 ManaMana
02-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Nightwish...?:D :rolleyes:
 Asmodeus
02-01-2004, 2:58 PM
hey i think if you search on kazaa or something you can find the imperial march. the artist it says is rage against the machine. This is the one i have.
 Lundquist
02-02-2004, 12:59 PM
How do you replace the music? does it have to be encoded in special format? I tried doing it but can't get it to work.
 saxter2004
02-02-2004, 5:54 PM
You take any .mp3 file and rename it.

EXAMPLE

Music.mp3
to
Music.wav

That is how you replace the music. If you have an audio file converter you could see what types of files work. I need one badly, because my Pink Floyd music copied from my cd as a .rmj type file. Not as a .mp3
 newszi
02-02-2004, 7:00 PM
saxter2004 sad"You take any .mp3 file and rename it."

So i tried it reverse. I renamed streamsounds/al_an_flybuzz_01.wav to mp3 but winamp and winmedia9 can't play it. I think these files are specialy coded as mp3pro or something.
But i don't know yet. I'm working on it :)
 Lundquist
02-02-2004, 7:47 PM
hmm, I've tried renaming it before, I had an mp3 I wanted to replace the mus_theme_sith.wav with, so I renamed it 'mus_theme_sith.wav, at first I tried replacing the wav file in the streammusic folder and all I got was silence, then I tried putting it in override and then it just played the original mus_theme_sith.
Does it have to be a certain bitrate and/or frequency?
 Lundquist
02-04-2004, 1:11 PM
DOH! The simplest way was, of course, the right one. The extension apparantly has nothing to do with it. I now deleted the mus_theme_sith.wav and put in an mp3 renamed mus_theme_sith.mp3, and it worked - it works when I keep the extension mp3 but not if I rename it to wav.
 CaspER sX
02-05-2004, 2:20 AM
Originally posted by Lundquist
DOH! The simplest way was, of course, the right one. The extension apparantly has nothing to do with it. I now deleted the mus_theme_sith.wav and put in an mp3 renamed mus_theme_sith.mp3, and it worked - it works when I keep the extension mp3 but not if I rename it to wav.

Awesome. That worked for me too. It seems to not let me change the song for the credits though.
 Lundquist
02-05-2004, 9:12 AM
hmm, it seems to work fine for me, though the music for the credits when you beat the game on LS is called 57.wav and for the dark side it's called evil_ending.wav, the credits.wav file is only used when you select movies -> credits.
 CaspER sX
02-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Lundquist
hmm, it seems to work fine for me, though the music for the credits when you beat the game on LS is called 57.wav and for the dark side it's called evil_ending.wav, the credits.wav file is only used when you select movies -> credits.

Oh i didnt know that. XD i was using the credits.wav. Thanks for the info
 LanDow Kissaman
02-06-2004, 11:50 PM
I have the PC version on loan and not sure if I should buy it or the Box version. So far the PC control system is frustrating because the game is on loan and I don't have any info on mapping new controls keystrokes etc...Please anyone out there just direct me to a page I can download and print. As for the music I know this is sacrilege to say or mention The Sims, however being that I am new to Star wars etc, is it possible to change the music to a customized playlist as you suggested but without the music within the game?

Plus, is the x box version easier than the PC game or live up to the hype of the x box version?
 SSJ3Goku
02-09-2004, 9:53 PM
Yeah I use Duel of Fates as the fighting song at the end and the Empror's theme for Malak's theme
 saxter2004
02-13-2004, 11:41 PM
My long quest for the Imperial March Remix song is over.

Behold ,The Castle Aaargh
:(Whoops wrong movie!) :D

I mean, Behold the link

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/forcecommander/default2.htm)

Just go to the downloads section and there will be three songs. The bottom one was the one I wanted, but the other two are equally sweet!!!:deathii::D :deathii:
 CaspER sX
02-15-2004, 10:48 PM
Does anyone know where all the files in the streammusic folder play at? A lot of them are named with numbers, and you cant listen to them, so I cant tell what i'd be replacing. I'd like to change the background theme on the title screen. Anyone know which file that is?
 Lundquist
02-16-2004, 9:37 AM
I'm not 100% sure but if memory serves, it's the one called mus_theme_cult - also to listen to them just rename the extension from wav to mp3, though WMP can't play them.
 DragonXero
02-16-2004, 10:02 AM
This sounds awesome. I just need to figure out where I want to put stuff, but I'm thinking I will put some Blind Guardian and Dimmu for fight scenes, and maybe add in a little Stravinski for the city scenes. Perhaps a little Borkangar for the Endar Spire and Star Forge levels.
 saxter2004
02-16-2004, 6:04 PM
The mod is almost completed. Just got to get an audio file converter so I can use more songs. :deathii: :holosid: :deathii:

BTW

Excellent taste in music!
Page: 1 of 1