Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Carth a semi-Jedi?

Page: 1 of 1
 Ellderon
01-31-2004, 10:51 PM
I was wondering if it would be possible to turn Cath into a semi-Jedi?

Something like, after visiting Dantoine, the Counsil finds that he is force sensitive (a little).
Alltough that doesn't turn him into a real Jedi, he can use a minor force power or two and a lightsaber..

I mean, he's sone is Strong with the force, so he should be too, right?
 Stator
01-31-2004, 11:16 PM
There is already a mod to turn all of the npc party members into jedi. It was written by gameunlimited. Check the tools thread for the link to his site. It is called Elite Force.

Stator
 darth makaan
02-01-2004, 8:31 PM
Link?

I can't find it
 Stator
02-01-2004, 8:52 PM
Go to this site and download the Elite Force Mod.

http://alvin777t.tripod.com/)

Stator
 Ellderon
02-01-2004, 10:36 PM
But I don't want all of them to be Jedi.
I don't even want Carth to be a Jedi....

I said SEMI-JEDI. He could use force push, heal and some other lvl1 force power and could ue a lighsaber, but NOT ANYTHING ELSE...something like that.
He doesn't level-up like a Jedi, but like a normal soldier..
Get the picture?
 xxss
02-01-2004, 10:58 PM
:rolleyes:

Such a mod I believe is impossible, as you can't gain Jedi feats without the jedi *class*. Furthermore, you're being rude. These people are trying to help you and you're not even expressing your gratitude.

You should pay attention to wth is being discussed in the other threads on this board, so you won't raise questions that have already been answered numerous times.

Last of all, I reccommend (since you are so very partiuclar) gaining some knowledge of kotor scripting its-self, instead of relying intirely on others to educate and produce results for you.

Thanks.
 Ellderon
02-01-2004, 11:36 PM
I wasn't beeing rude, was I? did I yell? No... Did I swear? No...

I was just stating the obvious...
I don't know if it can be done...but it does sound doable to me...

Just so you know, I'm a modder, been modding for lot's of games (Freespace 2, Baldur's Gate 2, NWN, Bridge Commander, Armada 1&2, BOTF, Freelancer,etc...)

I'm new to KOTOR and I am busy modding other games, so i don't exactly have loads of time to spend on KOTOR. I am tryingto pick up a few things tough....
 xxss
02-01-2004, 11:46 PM
My appologies for coming off so... serrated then. It's been a long day, and frequently there have been many questions posted that have been answered numerous times before, if people would just read what's here before they posted...

Regardless, I don't think it's possible as he would have to have the Jedi class... unless someone wants to create a new class of semi-jedi? That's over my head, that's for sure. Perhaps you could make him a jedi, yet simply limit his feats etc.
 Stator
02-02-2004, 12:17 AM
I get the picture. Tell you what you do. Build it yourself and I promise to not try and help you again. Fair enough? Sheesh. Some people.

Stator
 Ellderon
02-03-2004, 7:02 PM
Someone woke on the wrong side of the bed today!

If I somehow ofended someone, then I'm sorry. I apricate you all trying to help me.

and I think there are two ways of pulling this off:
- making him a double class, which is not the best solution
OR
- as xxss said, creating a new class...It would basicly be a copy of a soldier class with several Jedi abilities added at lvl 8, and that's it...

now If I can find a tutorial on how to change the stuff, I'll start experimenting
 Stator
02-03-2004, 8:32 PM
Try doing the following.

Download the Elite Force mod from gameunlimited's site. The link to his site can be found in the tools sticky thread.

Open up the carth utc file with the gff editor which can be downloaded from the bioware site.

Go to the class listing and change the class number from 4 to 0. 4 is for consular and 0 is for soldier.

Now save your changes and put the file in your override directory. This should have Carth appear on Taris with lightsabers and force powers but still be a soldier. I have not tested this but theoretically it should work.

Stator
 Stator
02-03-2004, 8:54 PM
I just tested my theory and it won't work. Carth would be able to use the lightsabers but he can't use any force powers. Force points aren't added as useable by a soldeir. The best that you could do is to make carth a multiclass character.

Stator
 Ellderon
02-03-2004, 9:05 PM
Thanks for trying!;)

Do you think that the new class I mentioned will work?
 Stator
02-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Ellderon
Thanks for trying!;)

Do you think that the new class I mentioned will work?

I don't know about making an entirely new class but the multiclass works. I turned Carth into a level 1 guardian/level 3 soldier. He can use lightsabers and has a few low level force powers. He will level as a soldier. If you want the file just tell me your email address and I will send it to you.

Stator
 Ellderon
02-03-2004, 11:56 PM
www.gammadraconis@hotmail.com)

Thanks for the help. That willd do (untill I can come up with a new class)
 Stator
02-04-2004, 11:28 PM
www.gammadraconis@hotmail.com)

Thanks for the help. That willd do (untill I can come up with a new class)

Do you have another email address. The one that you have linked gets errors and I can't send the file to it.

Stator
 Ellderon
02-05-2004, 1:54 PM
Ups...a typo....this is the right one:
gammadraconis@hotmail.com
 Stator
02-05-2004, 5:30 PM
Ups...a typo....this is the right one:
gammadraconis@hotmail.com

I removed thw www prefix before to no avail. I just sent the file again and hopefully the email will go through this time. LEt me know if you get it.

Stator
 Ellderon
02-06-2004, 9:51 AM
I got it..thanks!!!
 Ellderon
02-07-2004, 10:03 PM
I have finally downloaded NetFramework and have started modding KOTOR...

After a quick glance I have allready managed to change few things (I pick up things rather fast...and my overall modding experience helps)..
I have added a new class in the classes.2da, but I'm having trouble with the featgain...I can't add the new class there, since the 2DA Toll only allows adding new ROWs, but not new COLUMNs....anyone have any ideas?
Page: 1 of 1